CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018 #2

Good Morning Everyone,
I did want to just make a general post regarding a couple of questions that have been asked.
On 8/8/18 Matthew was with friends and stood up underneath a concrete underpass and hit his head while wearing a baseball hat. His friends said he should have went to the hospital but he didn’t want to go. The button of the hat made his head bleed a bit. Matthew saw my dad on 8/9/2018 around 8pm that’s when he took a picture with the gun. He did not take my dads gun and he did not get one from anyone else. Around 9:28pm he picked up Melissa Sanchez and dropped her off at 5 am on 8/10/18. His car key was found almost right next to where his car would have been at. The hat had 3 hits of dna and the T-shirt had 2 hits. We can assume because brooke and I touched the hat it would be ours and Matthew’s Dna and the T-shirt had 2 hits of dna. The T-shirt was placed in the hat and wrapped in brookes T-shirt.

I have reached out to CHP in hopes of getting some kind of report or log again. Over the past 2 1/2 years I’ve called them 12 times and my dad has called just as much as well. They kept saying how they did not have a record until last Friday they did find it. I am waiting to get the paperwork back and will update you all. I was Informed that CHP And LA county fire hiked back 1 mile from the parking lot, which from using a map 1 mile leads to just a little bit past the fork in the road by matthew’s car. They also said there is no mention of help they have a gun by chp or la fire only from the 911 caller. They also said lapd has no record of swat coming out but to double check with LH and see if they had one of their swat teams come out. I am completely confused and thrown for a loop on this one. We were told so many things from LH and lied to from the start. I don’t know what is true and what is not. That’s all the info they could give me until I get the paperwork.

Good Morning Everyone,
I did want to just make a general post regarding a couple of questions that have been asked.
On 8/8/18 Matthew was with friends and stood up underneath a concrete underpass and hit his head while wearing a baseball hat. His friends said he should have went to the hospital but he didn’t want to go. The button of the hat made his head bleed a bit. Matthew saw my dad on 8/9/2018 around 8pm that’s when he took a picture with the gun. He did not take my dads gun and he did not get one from anyone else. Around 9:28pm he picked up Melissa Sanchez and dropped her off at 5 am on 8/10/18. His car key was found almost right next to where his car would have been at. The hat had 3 hits of dna and the T-shirt had 2 hits. We can assume because brooke and I touched the hat it would be ours and Matthew’s Dna and the T-shirt had 2 hits of dna. The T-shirt was placed in the hat and wrapped in brookes T-shirt.

I have reached out to CHP in hopes of getting some kind of report or log again. Over the past 2 1/2 years I’ve called them 12 times and my dad has called just as much as well. They kept saying how they did not have a record until last Friday they did find it. I am waiting to get the paperwork back and will update you all. I was Informed that CHP And LA county fire hiked back 1 mile from the parking lot, which from using a map 1 mile leads to just a little bit past the fork in the road by matthew’s car. They also said there is no mention of help they have a gun by chp or la fire only from the 911 caller. They also said lapd has no record of swat coming out but to double check with LH and see if they had one of their swat teams come out. I am completely confused and thrown for a loop on this one. We were told so many things from LH and lied to from the start. I don’t know what is true and what is not. That’s all the info they could give me until I get the paperwork.

This why we definitely needed to start from the beginning and analyze every single piece of information, what is fact and fiction? I am shocked that they denied having a record for 2 1/2 years then magically find it last Friday. We live in the digital age, I know personally , all records are easily searchable by keywords and dates. I am truly at a loss why they would deny this information for so long.

If what they told you is 100% accurate, there is more 911 calls! I have listened to the 911 call that was released and there was no mention of a gun. I have not had a chance to isolate the audio to hear what the background people are saying. Given the lack of effort from LE on this case, I doubt that is how they obtained the 911 caller stating "GUN".
On the surface, no mention of a gun. Perhaps, the line got disconnected from the initial dispatch or dispatch felt that the call was with the proper agency and disconnected on their end.
The agency taking over from that point, would have continued the call or called back the 911 caller to get more details if the call was disconnected.
Standard operating procedures for dispatch ; to acquire as much information as possible to assist the responders in how to approach a situation. TWO separate agencies show up at 2 a.m., hike a mile down the trail based on the vague 911 call that was released. Doesn't seem likely. There is definitely more to the 911 call if they are truthful about the word "GUN" coming from the 911 caller.

I haven't had a lot of time to work on Matthews case. I have been doing a lot of missing person recovery and in my spare time developing a prototype that can search for missing people by location their keys.
FINDING MISSING PEOPLE BY LOCATING KEYS- NEED HELP FINDING CASES

In Matthews situation, his keys were already found so it wont be applicable for him, yet could drastically enhance searching on other cold cases.
The last time I worked on Matthews case, I finished the first prototype a DJI Phantom 3 drone to penetrate tree canopies with a 10ft selfie stick and a 360 camera at the end. I tested it locally to great success but it would need to be upgraded to a octocopter drone with a additional selfie stick. I do not feel that 10 ft is sufficient and needed to double it to 20ft to accommodate the environment on the mountain.

A issue is the extra weight drains the batteries to a 10 minute flight time on the DJI Phantom. I designed a grid flight plan that can be placed where you wanted to search, uses GPS to hold that location, lowers the camera to the desired altitude, then flys up to clear obstructions before going to the next location. It covers a 1000ft sq area per battery. I estimate that the potential area that needs to be covered is a 1000 ft. radius. It comes out to 785,398 sq ft that needs to be searched. It would take less than 800 flights to cover the whole potential area. With 10 batteries continuously re-charging to ensure non-stop flying for 8 hours, 48 flights a day, it would take 16 to 20 days to complete.
The cheapest drone octocopter capable to complete this task would be the Yuneec Typhoon h. I have found used ones for around $500. and batteries are $100 each. My rough estimates for the drone and necessary equipment is 2k and 160 hours of flight-time.

This is where I stopped, to either come up with a better solution or be in the position to complete this.

Would it be possible to operate with a helicopter? If so what do you estimate the time it would take for a helicopter to complete? Perhaps we could source one for the effort.

I haven't had a lot of time to work on Matthews case. I have been doing a lot of missing person recovery and in my spare time developing a prototype that can search for missing people by location their keys.
FINDING MISSING PEOPLE BY LOCATING KEYS- NEED HELP FINDING CASES

In Matthews situation, his keys were already found so it wont be applicable for him, yet could drastically enhance searching on other cold cases.
The last time I worked on Matthews case, I finished the first prototype a DJI Phantom 3 drone to penetrate tree canopies with a 10ft selfie stick and a 360 camera at the end. I tested it locally to great success but it would need to be upgraded to a octocopter drone with a additional selfie stick. I do not feel that 10 ft is sufficient and needed to double it to 20ft to accommodate the environment on the mountain.

A issue is the extra weight drains the batteries to a 10 minute flight time on the DJI Phantom. I designed a grid flight plan that can be placed where you wanted to search, uses GPS to hold that location, lowers the camera to the desired altitude, then flys up to clear obstructions before going to the next location. It covers a 1000ft sq area per battery. I estimate that the potential area that needs to be covered is a 1000 ft. radius. It comes out to 785,398 sq ft that needs to be searched. It would take less than 800 flights to cover the whole potential area. With 10 batteries continuously re-charging to ensure non-stop flying for 8 hours, 48 flights a day, it would take 16 to 20 days to complete.
The cheapest drone octocopter capable to complete this task would be the Yuneec Typhoon h. I have found used ones for around $500. and batteries are $100 each. My rough estimates for the drone and necessary equipment is 2k and 160 hours of flight-time.

This is where I stopped, to either come up with a better solution or be in the position to complete this.

Would it be possible to operate with a helicopter? If so what do you estimate the time it would take for a helicopter to complete? Perhaps we could source one for the effort.

The cost of a helicopter to do this would astronomical. Helicopters have rotowash at low altitudes and would cover potential evidence with debris. The best solution using this method would be a drone because of cost and automation.
I have been looking into other options in the last few days. For those that are interested, this is a really good starting point on methods used by Texas State University. Drones for CSI—How Drones Can Help Find Human Remains

This why we definitely needed to start from the beginning and analyze every single piece of information, what is fact and fiction? I am shocked that they denied having a record for 2 1/2 years then magically find it last Friday. We live in the digital age, I know personally , all records are easily searchable by keywords and dates. I am truly at a loss why they would deny this information for so long.

If what they told you is 100% accurate, there is more 911 calls! I have listened to the 911 call that was released and there was no mention of a gun. I have not had a chance to isolate the audio to hear what the background people are saying. Given the lack of effort from LE on this case, I doubt that is how they obtained the 911 caller stating "GUN".
On the surface, no mention of a gun. Perhaps, the line got disconnected from the initial dispatch or dispatch felt that the call was with the proper agency and disconnected on their end.
The agency taking over from that point, would have continued the call or called back the 911 caller to get more details if the call was disconnected.
Standard operating procedures for dispatch ; to acquire as much information as possible to assist the responders in how to approach a situation. TWO separate agencies show up at 2 a.m., hike a mile down the trail based on the vague 911 call that was released. Doesn't seem likely. There is definitely more to the 911 call if they are truthful about the word "GUN" coming from the 911 caller.

I recently came across this case and I am still scanning and reading.
I agree with your statement ( bolded by me)
Is there a time line of events for this thread? I haven't seen one.

Would a timeline of factual events, statements, locations, phone calls, searches, evidence found, be helpful?
I am too new to this case to feel confidant in my efforts to do one with confidence.

Long time posters and those very familiar with this case:
What is the general feeling on creating a timeline?

If it is too much for one person, maybe individuals could post a few events and then it could all be compiled into one full comprehensive report/post.

Apologies if this has been discussed.

^^^I have finished reading Both threads and I can see a timeline probably wouldn't be all that helpful.
My thoughts are of Matthew and his family.
I hope he can be found.

I think the family’s PI put together a timeline based on calls and Snapchats that was posted by one of the independent local news blogs or maybe the family’s FB page (I am having a hard time remembering where it was)

I think the family’s PI put together a timeline based on calls and Snapchats that was posted by one of the independent local news blogs or maybe the family’s FB page (I am having a hard time remembering where it was)
Hi sorry not sure how I missed this post but we have a timeline, it needs to be updated but this is a general one.

Attachments

• E34CD718-505E-4B26-A507-577D5D9D02A6.jpeg
    E34CD718-505E-4B26-A507-577D5D9D02A6.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 49
I also wanted to update everyone: after many phone calls and fights with missing person Department we finally have 2 of Matthew’s cellphones(broken) but still his cellphones from his car. His cellphone he had the week he went missing is still gone but hopefully one of these phones has some information we missed or something.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back