Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #70 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think BM probably snuck up on SM often.

We learned from conversations between SM and SO that SM used the "find my phone/friend" application to determine BM's location and learned that BM would frequently disable his phone to prevent SM from knowing his location.

I believe BM would probably put his phone in airplane mode to disable the service and also prevent SM from phoning him (calls directed to voicemail). We heard during LS recap on Monday that BM did the same when he returned home early from a hunting trip while SO was visiting at PP-- causing SM to call 911 to report a prowler before she identified BM as the person in the driveway.

I think BM probably put his phone on airplane mode when he arrived home Saturday to avoid doing this in front of SM if they left on a hike together as they discussed via morning texts. MOO

Just jumping off your post...

Wouldn't that be a miserable life to live? In a marriage where you are tracking your spouse, sneaking up on your spouse, recording conversations, threatening to kill your self, putting your children in the middle, playing them against the other parent, and on and on??

Just so, so sad...

Your post made me think of something- didn't the defense say today that they (the family) shared an i-cloud account? Which means they would all be able to view what was there?

So, point being that I'm curious about, would it be safe/practical that SM save something like this to the cloud where the other 3 could possibly view it too?
Eh I share my Cloud. I don’t think that any of my family members are capable of seeing much besides photos and saved docs. I enabled my iPad to share my iMessages, which means that anyone looking at my iPad can see what I am texting on my iPhone with another iMessage user. I don’t think Suzanne would have allowed that in settings. IMO, they had a toxic relationship, with little trust. Suzanne was using alternative means of contacting others, out of the norm. It remains to be seen how careful she was.

I was one who early-on believed in the BM.

But seriously, even with whatever Suzanne did wrong in the marriage, cheating is not justifiable for murder.
Anyone who thinks she wasn't murdered is still wearing their hat too tight, IMO.

Oh and don't even get me started on ALL the people in her life who looked away.

And who the heck hunts CHIPMUNKS? I know, they get in your engine and wreak havoc with your spark plug wires and set up camp in your air filter....guess no one told Barry about dryer sheets for repellant. Shooting chipmunks. No wonder he's charged with murdering his wife. Also, I wonder what TIME he was clocked running around the house "shooting chipmunks," since they're diurnal and would've been nesting at night.
I do think there would have been chipmunks around, as it was early afternoon (I see them all day in the northeast).

I also believe he had hunted chipmunks in the past.

That being said, it makes absolutely no sense to be doing that in the larger context. He also didn’t come up with this excuse for 9 months, so it has to be a lie.

Is this time/day right?
did he accidentally b*tt dial with her phone?

Here's the whole tweet-

Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV
Now Neilsen is going over phone data of #SuzanneMorphew and #BarryMorphew. According to the CAST REPORT, an incoming call at 12:02 a.m. and an outgoing 2:17 a.m. on May 9. Barry doesn't have a call until a little after 6 a.m.

Who called at 12:02 AM? It sure wasn't Suzanne. Did Barry dial that number back to see who was calling Suzanne?

No saints, lots of sinners. It took way too long in the two days to get past Suzanne finding love in all the wrong places. I would have been happier if we got the shocker out of the way and moved into the events and what transpired on May 9 quicker. This wasn’t a perfect couple, and maybe it’s good that we get a break before the next two days of the prelim. Adjust our expectations and knock the crown off of Suzanne’s head. This is about murder, nothing else.
I don't know why anyone had a crown on Suzanne's head to begin with or a halo over her head for that matter.
And you're right, this is about her abusive, psychotic husband murdering her.

Last edited:
I have added several articles from today but more will be added tomorrow.

Justice for Suzanne section:
Photobucket

Now that MSM is showing pics of <modsnip> Libler, I can tell that they are also in the Case Archive.

Here is the main Case Archive. Everything here is before the BM as arrested.
Photobucket
Thanks for all you do.
Did you see this photo of a younger SM provided by her sister to ABC ?

Colorado dad charged with murdering wife found her texts with lover, prosecutors say

Attachments

• 84F5E2D7-DCB2-44B0-A1D8-4D8FBA7DF742.jpeg
    84F5E2D7-DCB2-44B0-A1D8-4D8FBA7DF742.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited by a moderator:
It seems he threw away what she was probably wearing. I think it was Lauren who tweeted it. @Niner typed the tweets earlier, but I can't find them.

It was something turquoise and something black and a blue bag.
When I read that tweet today, the 1st thing I thought of was, the note that he gave to the clerk at Poncha Market.

It seems BM doesn't know the difference between baby blue and teal/turquoise. JMO

Let’s just say she is some sort of master spy who was able to miraculously pull that off (ignoring the other issues).

Why was Barry’s phone not trackable right when he arrived home, and why did his truck reset its data at around the same time?

Why did her phone go dark at the precise moment Barry needed it to (before he left the house).

Why did Barry lie about when he woke up that morning (his phone puts him near the bike, and his car puts him outside at the same time)?

Why did Barry leave so early in the morning, only to go to Broomfield and do 11 minutes of work, and dump trash in 5 locations?

Why did Barry lie to investigators about doing work, while he was really in his hotel room for hours?

Why did Barry threaten suicide, then delete the text?

Why did Barry have an illegal tranquilizer dart?

Why was Barry moving all around the house that day, and 9 months later, come up with the hilarious “chipmunk excuse.”

Why was there no sign of life from Suzanne after he did arrive home that afternoon?

We have 2 more days left, so there’s going to be a lot more reasons why Suzanne didn’t take off.

Thank you! I'll save this as my case summary!

“I’m done”: Texts between Suzanne and Barry Morphew reveal troubled marriage | FOX21 News Colorado

On Tuesday, the courtroom saw new text messages exchanged between Suzanne and Barry Morphew which showed a clear decline in the couple’s relationship.

In response to his wife’s text that she was “done” with their relationship, Morphew responded: “I promise yo, you are wrong about all the crazy thoughts about me. Why would I want another, only a fool would stray from an angel like you.”

Suzanne was officially reported missing four days later.

On the stand on Tuesday, FBI agent Kenneth Harris mentioned a search of Barry Morphew’s phone had revealed deleted web history. Watching closely, Morphew sat up in his chair as Harris described a web visit to “Ashley Madison,” a site that describes itself as a dating service for people who are married or in relationships.

Am I the only one who thinks the behavior of Suzanne's lover is deplorable?? Your supposed "soul mate" is missing and you are VERY aware of her marital problems and fears and yet you DO NOTHING for 6 months!!!!!!!!!! Something isn't adding up here. The guy had important information on a missing person case and didn't think to act on it????!!!!! At a minimum he could have directed police in a direction that could have helped Suzanne. Her body wasn't found so for all he knew she could still be alive yet he did nothing to help????!!!!!

Sorry, I'm not buying that. Could he have helped her 'disappear'? What was he doing for 6 months? He just decided " oh well, she disappeared" I'll just sit here and see how things play out??!!!

Yes. Infuriating. This is actually a bigger shock to me than the affair itself. I honestly can’t believe it. What a piece of trash.

I do think there would have been chipmunks around, as it was early afternoon (I see them all day in the northeast).

I also believe he had hunted chipmunks in the past.

That being said, it makes absolutely no sense to be doing that in the larger context. He also didn’t come up with this excuse for 9 months, so it has to be a lie.
Barry told LE all his guns were in a safe but they found two in the house, one in a closet, another leaning against a wall? Trying to remember how quickly they got the warrant for the house? Regardless, they found it wasn't the truth. Maybe he didn't expect them to get a warrant so quickly. One of those guns may play into something coming up?

Stanley also asked Walker if he had questioned Barry during their May 11 interview about where he kept his guns. Walker said Barry told him they were in a safe, but Walker found a gun in a closet and a shotgun against a wall in the home.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...rs-confirm-suzanne-was-having-a-2-year-affair

Yes. Infuriating. This is actually a bigger shock to me than the affair itself. I honestly can’t believe it. What a piece of trash.
This seems to happen in a lot of cases. Usually it’s someone who has the power to stop a crime before it happens, but does nothing.

Self preservation trumps doing the right thing. Doesn’t mean we have to like it though.

After learning more details from the prelim. I'd like to hear whether everyone feels Barry planned in advance to kill Suzanne that day?

Planned in advance or considered first-degree murder at the time (as charged)? I'm not sure, but I think he was definitely capable of that mind set "If I can't have you, nobody else will have you". And added to that, his ego need for maintaining his image of being the good (religious) person, which SM could destroy by leaving him.

There are so many cases of mothers, wives and ex-wives going missing or found murdered--when the children just happen to be elsewhere that day. These are the cases of bad marriages (DV and infidelity) and nasty child custody cases where the husband was found responsible.

Suzanne stated that she was worried about being alone with Barry when her youngest daughter left for college, and she would get out when that happened. She obviously didn't realize how dangerous her situation became by telling BS she was done.

And "just like that" she disappeared when her kid wasn't home. The daughters planning a trip could have presented an opportunity to plan her murder, or them being away could have made it easier for him to decide to kill her because of something that happened at the time. I am not sure if he planned it.

Barry told LE all his guns were in a safe but they found two, one in a closet, another leaning against a wall? Trying to remember how quickly they got the warrant for the house? Regardless, they found it wasn't the truth. Maybe he didn't expect them to get a warrant so quickly. One of those guns may play into something coming up?

Stanley also asked Walker if he had questioned Barry during their May 11 interview about where he kept his guns. Walker said Barry told him they were in a safe, but Walker found a gun in a closet and a shotgun against a wall in the home.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...rs-confirm-suzanne-was-having-a-2-year-affair
You’ve got me thinking about guns. The complaint says that between May 9 and March 4, Barry illegally possessed a “short rifle.”

We’ve heard of 3 searches of the house now (May, June, July), but have yet to hear about how that rifle was discovered in March of this year.

That should be interesting. What the hell happened in March?

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...8/21CR78 Morphew Amended Complaint 051821.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa