Found Deceased TX - Shawtyeria Waites, 21, celebrating her birthday, Houston, 27 Jul 2021 *arrest*

"We have a Black mayor and a Black police chief," he said. "If these were three white girls that came to this apartment complex, they would be swarming this place trying to get answers, but no one really cares when it's a brown or Black girl involved."

According to him, the other two women involved said that detectives have had very little conversations with them.

"[Detectives] are not really pushing this case. It's not a priority to them," Quanell said.
Activist Quanell X calls out mayor, police chief in search efforts for missing Black woman

I am absolutely not trying to victim-blame here - Shawtyeria was still very young in the grand scheme of things, so perhaps she was still learning life lessons - but I find it so hard to wrap my head around any woman agreeing to go some stranger's apartment late at night AND to split up with her friends. At the very least, they should have stayed together to go to the store.

I hope for a happy outcome to this story, though I must confess I don't have a good feeling based on what's been told so far.

rbbm.
HPD: 20-year-old woman last seen in southwest Houston reported missing | khou.com
''Shawtyeria Waites was wearing a pink dress with pink sandals when she disappeared from Chimney Rock Road on Tuesday night.''
e1f39bd7-a436-4050-b5ca-bb7bd9275b5b_1920x1080.jpg

''Police said Waites was wearing a pink dress, pink sandals and a long black curly wig. She stands at 5-foot-9 and weighs about 130 pounds.

''Activist Quanell X joined members of Waites' family on Sunday to ask the Houston Police Department for more help. Quanell X said he believes Waites was likely kidnapped from the apartment complex.
"Based on what we know, he (the suspect Quanell X believes is responsible for Waites' disappearance) had large sums of money on him. He was spending large sums of money in the strip club and he was luring them with the money," Quanell X said. "And so they thought that because it was closing time and this guy promised he could continue at (his) spot in Southwest Houston, (he) gave them this address (the apartment complex), gave them an apartment number."

Police said two of Waites' friends dropped her off and went to buy some makeup. That's the last time she was seen.

"It was never a plan to continue a party. We believe it was a plan to kidnap these young girls and only one went in and one has never been seen again," Quanell X said.''

rbbm.
HPD: 20-year-old woman last seen in southwest Houston reported missing | khou.com
''Shawtyeria Waites was wearing a pink dress with pink sandals when she disappeared from Chimney Rock Road on Tuesday night.''
e1f39bd7-a436-4050-b5ca-bb7bd9275b5b_1920x1080.jpg

''Police said Waites was wearing a pink dress, pink sandals and a long black curly wig. She stands at 5-foot-9 and weighs about 130 pounds.

''Activist Quanell X joined members of Waites' family on Sunday to ask the Houston Police Department for more help. Quanell X said he believes Waites was likely kidnapped from the apartment complex.
"Based on what we know, he (the suspect Quanell X believes is responsible for Waites' disappearance) had large sums of money on him. He was spending large sums of money in the strip club and he was luring them with the money," Quanell X said. "And so they thought that because it was closing time and this guy promised he could continue at (his) spot in Southwest Houston, (he) gave them this address (the apartment complex), gave them an apartment number."

Police said two of Waites' friends dropped her off and went to buy some makeup. That's the last time she was seen.

"It was never a plan to continue a party. We believe it was a plan to kidnap these young girls and only one went in and one has never been seen again," Quanell X said.''

They should have some idea who this person is.

Eta: It is concerning if detectives have not followed up with the ladies as stated. Hopefully mr X can shake some things.

most strip clubs have a ton of cameras. hopefully, the police got that footage.

it sounds like they went to the apt complex in the early morning hours? like maybe they continued the party late night at the club but it finally closed and they were going to "his apt" (likely a ruse by the guy)

Last edited:
same here, I don’t like the implications. Not sure where this information is coming from since it’s not the friends saying this

If Quanell spoke to the friends and is accurately reporting what he was told, I don't see the problem there.

He is working with the family honestly i had come to that conclusion.

Upon looking a bit, she does include "adult entertainer" in her bio. She also has at least 2 'only fans' profiles though the most recent login was several months ago.

It is what it is. She is of age and can do what she wants. I don't bring up these profiles with ANY judgement, but it is reality and hopefully is being investigated.

I feel like I need to clear some stuff up. Not all strip clubs are equal the really fancy Club Onyx's and The PentHouse Clubs are one type then you have the down and dirty inner city dance clubs (I use to do bottle service for a night club, occasionally we would hit up the shady strip clubs which stayed open until 3:00 then go to the 2-5 which was basically a speakeasy in a row house). The strip club girls game in their outfits and sometimes would keep making tips at the 2-5 sometimes they'd go to a specific house on the other side of town and keep working there. This is very very common, not all strip clubs are on the up and up, and some are even unlicensed disasters with no cameras that work on cash basis and have no idea what anyone's real name is.
I'm not judging at all, I probably would have been friends with her 15 years ago, but it isn't a safe lifestyle the people that frequent these places have money that isn't taxed if you get my drift, drugs and alcohol flow freely, it's a *advertiser censored* show of fun if your 20 but if I walked into it now I'd probably call the cops.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like I need to clear some stuff up. Not all strip clubs are equal the really fancy Club Onyx's and The PentHouse Clubs are one type then you have the down and dirty inner city dance clubs (I use to do bottle service for a night club, occasionally we would hit up the shady strip clubs which stayed open until 3:00 then go to the 2-5 which was basically a speakeasy in a row house). The strip club girls game in their outfits and sometimes would keep making tips at the 2-5 sometimes they'd go to a specific house on the other side of town and keep working there. This is very very common, not all strip clubs are on the up and up, and some are even unlicensed disasters with no cameras that work on cash basis and have no idea what anyone's real name is.
I'm not judging at all, I probably would have been friends with her 15 years ago, but it isn't a safe lifestyle the people that frequent these places have money that isn't taxed if you get my drift, drugs and alcohol flow freely, it's a **** show of fun if your 20 but if I walked into it now I'd probably call the cops.

EDIT:

If I had to guess makeup is code for weed or coke depending on where the night was taking them.
yes this makes a lot of sense.

I'm not judging at all, I probably would have been friends with her 15 years ago, but it isn't a safe lifestyle the people that frequent these places have money that isn't taxed if you get my drift, drugs and alcohol flow freely, it's a **** show of fun if your 20 but if I walked into it now I'd probably call the cops.

EDIT:

If I had to guess makeup is code for weed or coke depending on where the night was taking them.
Several clubs in the general area that run the gamut from high to low.
JMO

Perhaps I'm the one who is tripping, but I find just the mere involvement of Quannell X in the case very troubling. If history is teaching, we will certainly be left with many unanswered questions if/when this case is resolved. My immediate thoughts when hearing the strange circumstances, in this case, was set up. I simply can't imagine a scenario likely where Ms. Waites is comfortable enough with her friends taking off to the store and leaving her standing outside

Perhaps I'm the one who is tripping, but I find just the mere involvement of Quannell X in the case very troubling. If history is teaching, we will certainly be left with many unanswered questions if/when this case is resolved. My immediate thoughts when hearing the strange circumstances, in this case, was set up. I simply can't imagine a scenario likely where Ms. Waites is comfortable enough with her friends taking off to the store and leaving her standing outside

Time will tell if they were truthful. Honestly being alone at strange locations is part of the job description so that may not have been concerning to any of them.

Has it been shared what club the girls went to that night?

I’m also curious what store “down the street from the apartment complex” the other girls went to in order to buy this makeup?

So just thinking out loud here.
Is it possible they went to buy something besides make up? It sounds so very strange.
Also you drop your friend off on her own, then leave? Can't be such good friends.
I don't do clubs, is it usual to go to strip clubs for your birthday? I thought it would be a regular club, but what do I know.
Thinking out loud

I’ve gone to strip clubs for birthdays before. Both times, it was a woman’s birthday.

Activist Quanell X calls out mayor, police chief in search efforts for missing Black woman

...they remember seeing Waites enter the apartment complex, but have no recollection of what door she knocked on.

Have you seen Shawtyeria? Family frantic to find woman who went missing while celebrating her 20th birthday

When they returned to the complex, they could not find Waites.
...the apartment Waites believed to have visited was vacant and no one lived there.

The statements above are a little confusing IMO.
They saw SW entering but they can’t remember which apartment...but then it’s shared the apartment SW went into is believed to be vacant? How is this known if the girls can’t remember what apartment they saw SW enter?
It also states the two girls couldn’t find SW after they arrived back at the complex. Does this mean they physically looked for her or just tried getting her on the phone?

Did they go out on the 27th? On a Tuesday night? Wonder why not go out on Saturday night (24th) for birthday on the 25th.
Tuesday night is usually a slow night? Plus having to go to work?
You can’t dance at a strip club, I’d rather go to a dance club. Plus you’re competing with the dancers for a guys attention. Unless one of her friends worked at the club they went to and they got free drinks?
JMO
This is what I’m thinking.
Either they know someone who works there or it’s the closest place to them with a party atmosphere. I know it’s Houston so it’s probably much different but where I am, the clubs aren’t open on weekdays. It’s either a pub, restaurant or strip club.

wait. Is it just a myth..? I heard they don’t have alcohol at strip clubs in America.

I am absolutely not trying to victim-blame here - Shawtyeria was still very young in the grand scheme of things, so perhaps she was still learning life lessons - but I find it so hard to wrap my head around any woman agreeing to go some stranger's apartment late at night AND to split up with her friends. At the very least, they should have stayed together to go to the store.

I hope for a happy outcome to this story, though I must confess I don't have a good feeling based on what's been told so far.

I think age, sense of adventure and life circumstances come into play.
Here’s an example. When we were 15, my friends and I got into a truck being driven by two fifty year old men, to smoke weed.
I’m now very stranger danger and kinda boring but I have colourful friends.
Its not uncommon for people to have one night stands.
And I’ve never partaken but lemme tell ya, if you do coke, when a stranger at a bar says they have coke back at their place and it’s free, you go. Is it safe? Heelllll no. But you don’t care. It’s an adventure.

There’s a few reasons why someone would go off with a random person for a short while. Sex, drugs, or money.
(Lol Or there’s the rare chance he had a collection or something she was interested in. If a random dude told me he had a BTS or Spice Girls shrine at his house and showed me proof, I’d probably go lol

This is what I’m thinking.
Either they know someone who works there or it’s the closest place to them with a party atmosphere. I know it’s Houston so it’s probably much different but where I am, the clubs aren’t open on weekdays. It’s either a pub, restaurant or strip club.

wait. Is it just a myth..? I heard they don’t have alcohol at strip clubs in America.
They serve alcohol at strip clubs and usually open 7 days a week.
Nightclub/Dance Club is different than a strip club/adult entertainment/swinger club. There’s plenty of various clubs in Houston.

Clubs that allow full nudity sometimes are prohibited from selling alcohol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back