Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #70 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lauren notes:

Trash dump and Barry changing was weird. Incredulous about Barry not remembering what he dumped, wardrobe changes, and spending all day in the hotel.

Girls devastated by last known photo of Suzanne.

Lauren thinks the tranquilizer dart cap is very important, and they will touch on that later on. They breezed over it.

Barry knew he needed Bobcat, and didn’t bring it.

Macy was around for a lot of the arguments.

Lauren thinks they may have searched landfill.

Interesting that he deleted two text messages, including the May 6th “I’m done” from Suzanne.

Before 9 o’clock package Lauren was approached by a guy who was bailing out friend. Reporters decided to ask the guy they bailed out about Barry. Barry was in pod (room with group of cells) next to him, but is an empty pod with a single cell. They are stacking other cells to keep Barry isolated.

Backtrack to yesterday: JL didn’t know if it was Barry or not until the “of one person could be saved…,” line. That convinced him.

I think we all thought that was super odd.

Feed frozen now.

I read something before I had to pop out for a little while. (I can't find it again, at the moment.) It was saying that the judge can call a trial right now.

I was wondering, can he call a trial on reflection of the past two days evidence. And somehow advise all the players? Not proceed any further with the Prelim Hearing?

If anyone knows the answer, of course.
Not an expert, but my guess is the judge wouldn’t be able to do that at this time, because the defense has not been able to question all the witnesses the prosecution wants to present.

I may be confused, but didn’t someone say yesterday that he said he was unaware she was missing? So they were having this long term relationship, she’s texting him, sending photos, it abruptly stops, and he just….doesn’t care? Doesn’t question it?

Who would he have questioned it with?

He messaged her on Mothers Day.

It seems like such a waste of energy for BM to have driven all over Broomfield depositing trash when he and Suzanne had a large dumpster nearby that they were able to walk to and converse with a nice cleaning lady. All those stops he made and to think he totally forgot how close that dumpster was. o_O
Especially ironic since on Wednesday that same week, he and Suzanne while on a walk. Stopped to question a woman putting trash in their neighborhood community dumpster. She was a housekeeper, who cleaned rentals nearby.

If she was killed shortly after she sent that selfie to JL, then the turquoise item was likely the top she was wearing in that selfie.

ETA: isn’t it the photo that appears mid page here?
Suzanne Morphew's husband left hotel reeking of chlorine: report
It was teal, not turquoise as I posted earlier, something dark colored and a light blue bag. He also had his hiking boots. He brought them into the hotel room. What he did then is anybody's guess.

No, we don't know for sure what she was wearing, but it would seem what he brought to his room in Broomfield would be what she was wearing that day.

It was something teal, something dark colored and a light blue bag. This was what Lauren tweeted.
Thinking about that. Why disrobe her and get rid of clothes?

Lauren Recap Continued:

Backtracking to day one, deputy asked Barry if Suzanne was an avid biker. Barry told him that she had just started. This wasn’t what Barry told Lauren. He said she would bike every day.

Judge knows he’s being played by defense. Reminded them this isn’t a trial. Defense admitted they took too much time.

State is way behind thanks to them.

Lauren is very familiar with the area around the Holiday Inn where Barry stayed. She had heard early on that CBI was active there. Barry parked on only side where there were no cameras.

Moorman’s supposed to be in attendance during next part of preliminary in 2 weeks.

Barry acknowledged Lauren’s attendance. Stared her down in court.

Sarah stared him down too. Lol. [they know what he is]

Tree bucket was maybe a foot radius (thrown in trash with camo jacket).

Defense attorneys were struggling with organization which delayed things. Not everything was as organized as it should have been.

Reporters don’t think there’s enough probable cause yet. There is still a lot of witness testimony to go along with what’s been presented. So much more evidence we haven’t heard. Don’t know how Suzanne died yet, and they haven’t proven her death.

Barry was very familiar with hotel cameras. Told Lauren to go check footage, which she can’t just go and ask for. Doesn’t work like that.

I am extremely curious to find out what Barry claims Suzanne was doing on Sat 5/9 AFTER 2:47pm when he arrived home and his phone was switched to Airplane mode.

So far we have expectedly been given a more detailed timeline of Barry’s actions, but I wonder what he said when interviewed, what Suzanne’s afternoon and evening activities where? I assume this was likely asked of him. I don’t doubt his version of events will be revealed in the upcoming hearings/trial.

What did he claim Suzanne was doing between Sat 5/9 @ 2:47pm until Sun 5/10 @ 5am when he said he last saw her sleeping in bed before he left for Broomfield?

Turning the phone to airplane mode does not disable GPS signal. It is still trackable via GPS, it does block calls and texts from coming in/going out, as well as, preventing the Find my Phone function from being operational.
I remember a meeting I was in a while back. I had about 4 links open on my phone. I could lickedy split tap on anyone and bounce back and forth. Just as the meeting started my daughter started texting. Ugh! So I thought fine Ill use airplane mode and that'll stop her.

Um ya.... It stopped everything. You should saw me tapping away getting my Google back. What a mess.

That said, its proved to me when on airplane mode no Google. Maybe there is gps, but there's no internet.

I may be confused, but didn’t someone say yesterday that he said he was unaware she was missing? So they were having this long term relationship, she’s texting him, sending photos, it abruptly stops, and he just….doesn’t care? Doesn’t question it?

He learned she was missing on the 12th from a friend

Daughters Presence in Courtroom?
Some ppl questioned whether BM's two daughters have a right to be in courtroom during these current hearings & trial. Per CO's Victims' Rights Act below, seems the daughters by virtue of being "immediate surviving family members" are victims & have the right to be present at both imo.

Under Co. Rule of Evidence 615* at the request of a party or by court on its own motion, witnesses are normally excluded from hearing the testimony of other witnesses, to discourage fabricated testimony & collusion. This has been a long standing rule in fed. & (many?) st. proceedings.

But Co. Victim Rights Act* carves out exceptions to ^ the general rule and allows specified victims to be informed of and present at pre-trial & trial "critical stages" occurring in open court. my2ct

Welcoming comment, clarification, correction, esp'ly from our legal professionals.
At the request of a party the court shall order witnesses excluded so that they cannot hear the testimony of other witnesses, and it may make the order of its own motion...." As amended, effective July 1, 2021
^ Rule 615 - Exclusion of Witnesses, Colo. R. Evid. 615 | Casetext Search + Citator
Rationale for rule: "Policy reasons for sequestration rule are to prevent a witness from conforming his testimony to that of another and to discourage fabrication and collusion."

** CO. Victim Rights Act* 24-4.1-302.5. Rights afforded to victims, lists victims' rights, giving them the right to be informed of and present at certain "critical stages" of crim procedures.
^ from The Rights of Crime Victims in Colorado The Role and Responsibilities of the Court Revised Nov 2019.

https://cdpsdocs.state.co.us/dcj/DCJ External Website/OVP/Courts responsibilities under VRA.pdf

"At 2:45 p.m. #BarryMorphew did something terrible to his wife and then went to get his hot tub fixed?" Neilsen asked. Agent Grusing responded, "I don't think their timing is accurate." (referring to Salida Stove and Spa)
I think it is good that the defense brought this up today, instead of springing it on the state at trial.

Now they can drill down and figure it out. And worst case scenario, the employee is correct, then it makes BM and even colder heartless killer.

Plenty of killers have done something to build up their alibis, right after their crimes. So maybe he strangled her, stashed her somewhere for a brief time, and then did an alibi building trip.

What I don't understand, is why that list of what and where the truck was doing, didn't show this little trip to the spa store.

No, we don't know for sure what she was wearing, but it would seem what he brought to his room in Broomfield would be what she was wearing that day.

It was something teal, something dark colored and a light blue bag. This was what Lauren tweeted.

He would certainly need to deal with whatever she was wearing when he arrived home that day -- swimsuit, robe, whatever it was (which we don't know as the selfie apparently doesn't show clothes). As well as any sheets/blankets/tarps etc that might contain evidence of her killing.

But he also needed to make sure her biking clothes were not at home to ruin his bike ride story. The teal/black colors he was seen carrying the next day sure sound like her biking clothes to me (though we've seen photos indicating she had lots of teal clothing items as that was her favorite color).

MOO

Lauren and her friend say Barry looks like he’s aged 10 years, and looks extremely frail and thin.

His hair is turning gray.

Hate to hear that!

I would happily go out of my way to bake some goodies and send them to him.

I really don't want to worry that he is fading away from lack of nutrition and then he falls off his perch before there is the chance to get him before a jury!

I remember a meeting I was in a while back. I had about 4 links open on my phone. I could lickedy split tap on anyone and bounce back and forth. Just as the meeting started my daughter started texting. Ugh! So I thought fine Ill use airplane mode and that'll stop her.

Um ya.... It stopped everything. You should saw me tapping away getting my Google back. What a mess.

That said, its proved to me when on airplane mode no Google. Maybe there is gps, but there's no internet.
That’s the actual opposite of what airplane mode is. When in airplane mode, one can only use device if it’s connected to the internet. I’m shocked at how this is confusing to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77