Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #6 *both parents arrested/charged*

Status
Not open for further replies.
AUG 4, 2021

I am a little late but Happy Birthday, Orrin!

g34056.gif

This case certainly inspires ire. Here it is almost 8 months later, and no material updates on this case in quite awhile. Not just one, but TWO little boys gone without any rational explanation, or trace that we have heard of. Multiple aspects of what has been explained are very difficult to rationalize.

Digital and financial transactions should have revealed something to work with....unless this was carefully planned using burner phones and cash. (*IF* a crime was committed...we don't know that).

We haven't heard anything from the (what would certainly be) distraught parents (or extended parents) in quite some time, unless I've missed it.

Does anyone still care about Orrin and Orson West in Bakersfield or California City? Or, have they just resigned themselves that they are gone forever and sadly moved on?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Bayan Wang Denver7

NOT THE MISSING BOYS: The heavy Bakersfield police presence at the Bena Landfill east of Bakersfield Friday, is not related to the missing toddler brothers Orrin and Orson West, who were reported missing in California City in December of 2020. Information about police activity at the landfill will be released at a later time, according to BPD.

8iuTX4LlGZO.png
Author
Bayan Wang Denver7
Dozens have reached out to me about this in the last hour so I decided to post it here.

Did we even know this was happening? Whatever it was, Bayan was evidently able to get BPD to say it wasn't related to our boys.

Bayan Wang Denver7

NOT THE MISSING BOYS: The heavy Bakersfield police presence at the Bena Landfill east of Bakersfield Friday, is not related to the missing toddler brothers Orrin and Orson West, who were reported missing in California City in December of 2020. Information about police activity at the landfill will be released at a later time, according to BPD.

8iuTX4LlGZO.png
Author
Bayan Wang Denver7
Dozens have reached out to me about this in the last hour so I decided to post it here.

Did we even know this was happening? Whatever it was, Bayan was evidently able to get BPD to say it wasn't related to our boys.
Bayan is amazing, and hasn't forgotten the boys. It's this type of caring that will take Bayan to the heights of Anderson Cooper...wait and see. : )

Where are the boys?!

Bayan Wang Denver7

8iuTX4LlGZO.png
Author
Bayan Wang Denver7

It is good news it is not the precious boys they are looking for there...but I sure wish we could find them.

I really hoped the bio-family had them hidden somewhere but sadly that doesn't seem to be the case.

AUG 8, 2021
Group holds birthday celebration for missing Orrin West | KGET 17
Sunday marked 230 days since Orson and Orrin West were reported missing from their home in California City.

And while community members search for answers, they held a birthday celebration for Orrin who turned 5 years old on Wednesday.

[...]

A reward of $125,000 is available for information that leads to finding Orrin and Orson West. They have been missing since Dec. 21, 2020.

[...]

I intentionally kept skipping over this case because the missing children cases, often set my nerves on edge as they are often so frustrating. Once I decided to read the thread on these handsome kiddos, it keeps me up at night thinking about where they are, what happened to them and who is responsible for either harming the child or knowing who has them. Makes my heart hurt.

At this point I wonder why the rest of the AF doesn’t provide much insight of the family life or if they have been in contact with the parents. What seems to happen when they give information is about the supposed threats from the bio family.

Horrified and frustrated we know just as little information as we did in early 2021. How two children can simply disappear into the ether is beyond me. Has LE ever confirmed the last time the children were seen alive? The information blackout leads me to believe LE has a suspect in mind but not enough probable cause to make an arrest at this time.

AUG 13, 2021
Missing California City boys to be featured on Investigation Discovery show | KGET 17
The case of missing California City children Orson and Orrin West will be featured on the season three premiere of “In Pursuit With John Walsh” on Investigation Discovery.

[...]

Investigation Discovery show to air segment about missing California City boys | News | bakersfield.com
[...]

The segment will air Wednesday. Viewers with information about the missing children can call or text 1-833-3-PURSUE or submit information at InPursuitTips.com

AUG 13, 2021
Missing California City boys to be featured on Investigation Discovery show | KGET 17
The case of missing California City children Orson and Orrin West will be featured on the season three premiere of “In Pursuit With John Walsh” on Investigation Discovery.

[...]

Investigation Discovery show to air segment about missing California City boys | News | bakersfield.com
[...]

The segment will air Wednesday. Viewers with information about the missing children can call or text 1-833-3-PURSUE or submit information at InPursuitTips.com

Yay! Hope this leads to a break in the case.

AUG 13, 2021

[...]

[...]

they often reveal tidbits not previously heard so this is a must watch.

they often reveal tidbits not previously heard so this is a must watch.
Ok, so that's tomorrow night? Have to put it into my memory bank...

I wonder how they will present it? In this new series, with John Walsh's son as one of the hosts, the son usually visits the loved ones of the victim/missing persons, and they are interviewed about potential suspects.

What are they going to do tomorrow? Interview the bio family and discuss the new family? Or are they going to interview the foster family?

I believe after adoption, income subsidies stop. The child is legally yours to provide for. As a low income household, you may qualify for SNAP, subsidized housing or Medicaid. But now that this couple effectively has zero children, they shouldn’t be receiving anything. They’d have to be verified disabled, or unemployed, to qualified for assistance now.

IRS Publication 17

Foster Care boarding home and adoption subsidy maintenance payments are not considered as family income for income tax purposes, but either may be considered as income for other purposes such as determining eligibility for subsidized housing. May 17, 2019

I believe after adoption, income subsidies stop. The child is legally yours to provide for. As a low income household, you may qualify for SNAP, subsidized housing or Medicaid. But now that this couple effectively has zero children, they shouldn’t be receiving anything. They’d have to be verified disabled, or unemployed, to qualified for assistance now.

IRS Publication 17

Foster Care boarding home and adoption subsidy maintenance payments are not considered as family income for income tax purposes, but either may be considered as income for other purposes such as determining eligibility for subsidized housing. May 17, 2019
I believe California continues subsidies when adopting from foster care to encourage adoptions. We discussed this way back when the boys were first missing. But, as you stated, any assistance they were getting should have stopped as soon as the children were all removed.

[URL="https://www.fcadoptions.org/the-process/fos-adopt.php/foster-care-adoption-costs.php"]California Adoption Subsidy and Foster Care Adoption Costs
[/URL]
Adoption Assistance

IRS Publication 17

Generally, benefits are somewhat negotiable as the family & state assemble an adoption subsidy package.

Continuing the state medical insurance coverage is often included, sometimes counseling & other therapeutic support is covered.

Sibling groups & kids with diagnosed special needs/handicapping conditions often have an adoption subsidy.

This helps the adoptive family more ahead without the financial strain of those neds, & more kids are adopted.

ymmv lrr

Ok, so that's tomorrow night? Have to put it into my memory bank...

I wonder how they will present it? In this new series, with John Walsh's son as one of the hosts, the son usually visits the loved ones of the victim/missing persons, and they are interviewed about potential suspects.

What are they going to do tomorrow? Interview the bio family and discuss the new family? Or are they going to interview the foster family?
idk but i def want to watch it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member