GUILTY MN - Amanda Vangrinsven, 32, found deceased, Isanti, vehicle recovered, 5 Aug 2021

Volunteers continue grid searches for Isanti woman missing since Thursday

Her east-central Minnesota community has rallied around Vangrinsven's family and friends to organize searches to find Amanda.

Family and friends have been working to "piece together the chain of events in her disappearance and locate her.”

Isanti police stated their preliminary investigation indicates Vangrinsven was last known to be at the Dugout Bar and Grill in Bethel, Minnesota, at around 11 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 5.

It's believed she left in a vehicle traveling in the northwest direction.

Initially, police stated Vangrinsven was last seen "near" the Isanti VFW. WCCO is currently reporting that she was apparently dropped back off at the VFW that night.

A source has shared, Vangrinsven left the Dugout Bar with a now identified man who "has since vanished," noting it was "completely out of character" for her to not show up for work the next morning.

A Find Amanda Facebook group says volunteers were planning to search again starting at the VFW at 8 a.m. Tuesday, noting family members intend to search the sometimes-rugged terrain until dark each day until she's found.

Facebook group set up to aid in Finding Amanda.

It appears Calvin Fackler is an admin to the page, but I’m not sure who else may be an admin. Is there a way to tell?
Click on members at the top of the page. The first 6 listed are the admins/mods. You will see 3 and then when you hit "see all" the rest show up.

The way I read "Isanti resident, Amanda Vangrinsven left the Dugout Bar in Bethel, Minnesota on the night of Thursday, August 5th, 2021 with an unknown (now identified) male party and has since vanished." is that she was last seen with him, he has been identified, and she has now since vanished.

After reading the most recent articles about this case, I agree. The fundraising site you quoted made it clear that AV and not the male was the party who vanished; BringMeTheNews.com apparently misquoted it by switching out the word "and" for "who" and thus making it seem like the male had also vanished.

BringMeTheNews.com is the only source seemingly reporting the male vanishing, so they might not have caught their error yet, but from a journalistic standpoint their misquote makes it sound like he's missing.

Also, maybe she had him drop her off at the VFW instead of her home because she didn't want to reveal her real address to someone she didn't know well? We don't know that she planned to drive her car home, either (*if* she'd even drank); she may have planned to call a friend to pick her up from the VFW.

Search continues for missing Isanti woman

Search parties started combing fields, wooded areas and the sides of 261st Avenue in Isanti, trying to find any sign of Vangrinsven.

'It's been an absolute shocker of people who have known her or willing to help in the search in any capacity,' said Nathan Kadlec, who helped search for Vangrinsven.

Kadlec said it's an area where searchers learned her phone last pinged.

The sheriff's office said its investigation shifted to a property on 261st Avenue on Monday night.

5 EYEWITNESS NEWS saw law enforcement searching a home, several outbuildings and that property on Tuesday. Investigators aren't saying what led them to the property.

As of Tuesday, authorities are still working to find out what happened after she left the bar.

Posting specific locations that have been shared in media reports...

•Last known location
Dugout Bar & Grill
158 Main St NW
Google Maps

•Location of car/place she “supposedly” was dropped off at
VFW (Post 2735)
Railroad Ave SE
Google Maps

•Area where the most current searches are focused on
261st Ave NW
Google Maps

Distance from Dugout Bar to 261st Ave is around 13 miles
Google Maps

Very sad news, if this is confirmed, but they seem pretty sure.
"Authorities in central Minnesota believe they have found the body of Amanda Vangrinsven, the Isanti woman who has been missing since last week."

Sheriff: Body Found In Isanti Co. Believed To Be Amanda Vangrinsven

"The Isanti County Sheriff’s Office announced late Tuesday that deputies and Isanti police officers executed a search warrant on the 300 block of 261 Avenue Northwest in Athens Township, about four miles south of where Vangrinsven, 32, was last seen."

Ugh, so i guess le might have an idea what happened for them to get a search warrant. Very sad.

. Crews found the body of a woman on the property, and, based on evidence found at the scene, determined it was Vangrinsven. The sheriff’s office says the body has been brought to a medical examiner’s office for identification and to determine her cause of death.

I know it’s warm in the summer in MN, but they had to use evidence to initially identify her? I wonder if she was tampered with, dismembered, set on fire, etc..

IMOO

I know it’s warm in the summer in MN, but they had to use evidence to initially identify her? I wonder if she was tampered with, dismembered, set on fire, etc..

IMOO
Sometimes it's just a formality...dotting the i's and crossing the t's. Sadly, it probably involves a family member having to formally ID her. Sad.

Very sad news, if this is confirmed, but they seem pretty sure.
"Authorities in central Minnesota believe they have found the body of Amanda Vangrinsven, the Isanti woman who has been missing since last week."

Sheriff: Body Found In Isanti Co. Believed To Be Amanda Vangrinsven

Isanti Police had this on their FB page... looks like a match to CBS report

IMO the police found her body while searching a certain location on 300 block of 261st Ave NE in Athens Township based on a search warrant. When I looked at Google Maps, it appears to be farms with homes so LE knows a direct connection to Amanda.
This is such a terrible thing to happen in small town America .

I guess no one is shocked by this outcome. Doesn't make it any less sad.

ITA and JMO I think even the searchers sadly sounded like they were expecting it too.

JMO again, but when friends spoke about her it seemed she had a big personality and love of life - and I bet if someone did do something to her, and if she was able to, she would have given them a helluva fight.

Body found in Isanti County believed to be missing woman

Fox 9 updated their previous release
No one is in custody at this time.

The spouse of the man last seen with Vangrinsven released the following statement to FOX 9:
"My heartfelt sympathy and prayers go out to Amanda‘s family and friends. The individual who she was last seen with is no longer in the community and is being held in a locked mental health facility. I am actively cooperating and will continue to cooperate with all law-enforcement agencies. I please request privacy for my family and myself."

BBM & IMO
Wow shocker to me. The suspect has not been named yet but the community grapevine has been active.

Friends of Isanti woman found dead: 'She had a heart of gold'

The flags were lowered outside the Rum River Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2735 in Isanti to honor Amanda Jo Vangrinsven, who worked as a server there.

Co-workers held close to her memory as word spread that her body was found Tuesday night by law enforcement.

'There are no words that can describe how this community has felt,' said Sarah Cisar, a longtime friend.

The sheriff's office said they are treating Vangrinsven's death as suspicious. At this point, there is no one in custody, according to authorities.

A woman who said she's the spouse of the man last seen with Vangrinsven wrote to 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS that he is now in a mental health facility. She added that she is 'actively cooperating' with law enforcement.

Woman missing for 5 days found dead on rural property north of Twin Cities

Family, Friends Remember Amanda Vangrinsven

additional links

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member