GUILTY TN - Daniel Baker, Dickson County Deputy, Slain, 30 May 2018 *Arrests*

@stephnthecity
She said things changed once she got pregnant and moved in with him
@WKRN
@stephnthecity
“He started physically, verbally & mentally abusing me. He left me totally unconscious when I was pregnant with Scotty, left me laying outside,” Steven’s mom says of his father Scott.
@stephnthecity
“I remember him dragging me by my hair, all the way across the porch and down the stairs when I was pregnant with Steven,” Juanita Wiggins testifies.
@WKRN

Juanita says Scott would sleep with his eyes open and would hallucinate things that were not there, that he couldn't tell dream from reality and she wonders if he was psychotic.

While living with Scott's mom Mabel Scott never sexually abused Juanita. Scott shot his brother Troy Wiggins, she heard the shot, someone who she thinks was Troy struck her a couple times and ran out of the room. Someone grabbed Scottie, covered in Troy's blood, and ran out of the house.

Scott continued to beat her even worse after they moved to an apartment. Scottie was 3-4 years old. Scott was abusing Scotties at this point. They lived in the apartment a couple years. Juanita admits using marijuana through the years.

Scott would kick Juanita in the stomach while she was pregnant, she thinks twice. Says once you escape you try not to remember the abuse anymore.

Scott didn't like funny, and Steven was a funny little boy. As they got older Scotts physical abuse of them got worse. She's not sure if Scotts mental problems got worse or if he just enjoyed it more. Verbal abuse was outrageous and would go on for hours, and it wouldn't even make sense - it was just words.

On one of Scott's jobs he had taken the boys with him to work on a job. Scottie was 12-13. Steven was helping unload some wood and came home with a head would and told his mom his dad had hit him with a 2x4. Scott says it wasn't his fault, that Steven wasn't moving fast enough and just didn't catch a piece of wood Scott threw to him. Scott always said it was Steven's fault if he got hurt.

Not allowed to open curtains in the house and deadbolts were installed above where the kids could reach. Beatings were on a daily basis. You never knew when the beatings were coming.

Scott was sexually abusive to Juanita. She once told him no and picked up a multitool and threw it hitting Scott in the head and she and the boys ran out the back door and into the woods. He shot at them in the woods as they were running to the neighbors.

She didn't want to be the kind of woman who separated children from their father.

She fled Scott after he poured gasoline around her house because she was afraid he was going to kill them even though she had a protective order against him. She didn't tell anyone where they had gone. After that is when Steven went to live with Julie.

Witness now on the stand is Lt. Kenneth Drake. A jailer/correction officer.

I guess the point of the last two witnesses is that he's no trouble in jail.

Lost count of number of witness today. Have all 8 testified?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back