TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #3 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were other generic brand heels that were similar to "Candie's", but "Candie's" seemed to be the most popular and trendy. I will do a search to see what other brands were similar to Candies. Most Candie's heels were strapless high heel mules, although they did make some with straps. We wore them with pretty much everything, from casual to dress up.

Also, according to her Wiki page, under "Discovery", her shoes were red with light brown straps.Walker County Jane Doe - Wikipedia
It’s makes me think that the bottom part of the shoes was red and the straps being the color stated. I’m guessing that it’s a open toe shoe.

Thank you, @Feme98, for doing that. Look forward to their response.
I’ll let you guys know! I don’t know if they reply to emails though, I remember that i got a quick reply from FDLPD when I suggested a possible identity.

It’s makes me think that the bottom part of the shoes was red and the straps being the color stated. I’m guessing that it’s a open toe shoe.
If you look at "Who Was Walker County Jane Doe" page on Facebook(Cark Koppleman's page), the cover photo shows a drawing of what the shoes may have looked like(and they appear to be open toe). According to Wiki, the clothes weren't found, the necklace found(but now missing), and the shoes were found.
I wonder if they have taken any possible blood/dna samples on the shoes...For example, I watched a doc last night on the Michelle Martinko case(1979), and they found blood samples on her dress, as well as on the gearshift selector. After they processed the blood and sent for ancestry testing, they eventually found and convicted her killer.
I am not suggesting Walker County LE hasn't done any of this. It could be they are just keeping things tight lipped to protect the integrity of the investigation.

I saw some of that documentary on Michelle as well. It was very detailed. And she wore a similar hairstyle to WCJD, but that was also a popular hairstyle in the day.
In a way, it is nice to see they are keeping a tight lip because of rumors spreading and misinformation. I think they are doing great right now and things take some time.

If you look at "Who Was Walker County Jane Doe" page on Facebook(Cark Koppleman's page), the cover photo shows a drawing of what the shoes may have looked like(and they appear to be open toe). According to Wiki, the clothes weren't found, the necklace found(but now missing), and the shoes were found.
I wonder if they have taken any possible blood/dna samples on the shoes...For example, I watched a doc last night on the Michelle Martinko case(1979), and they found blood samples on her dress, as well as on the gearshift selector. After they processed the blood and sent for ancestry testing, they eventually found and convicted her killer.
I am not suggesting Walker County LE hasn't done any of this. It could be they are just keeping things tight lipped to protect the integrity of the investigation.

They did swab the shoes found near her for DNA but it “has never been revealed to the public” what they got off them. Which is a good sign they probably have the person who murdered her DNA on the shoes.

hello everyone :)

i’m completely new to websleuths but this case is always on my mind. I was reading through the previous threads and apologies if this has been answered before, but I saw the picture of the girl from Rebekah House and thought the resemblance to WCJD was striking. Was she confirmed to be someone else and if so, how do we know she’s still alive/definitely not WCJD? Thank you!

I came here to post that it could possibly be Mary Rodermund. How long does it typically take for the submission to be confirmed one way or the other?

I sent one in to NamUs three years ago. I've even checked with NamUs to confirm it was sent to the appropriate agencies (it was). Still no rule in/out. I imagine it might have something to do with what identifiers are already available. For instance, if DNA is needed on either end (missing or uid), well, Covid threw a huge wrench into that, causing quite a backlog.

I submitted many matches on other cases a few years back and I never got confirmations either way!

I have received replies twice, and one of those was several months after submitting, and the person who replied was not the same listed as the contact.

I think especially during the pandemic, submit and if you receive any sort of confirmation or response, consider it a bonus.

I only received replies from two or three NamUs reps whenever I submitted.
The most recent replies were canned responses, if at all.
I'm fairly certain they take some sort of action, even if we don't hear back. For example, one submission I followed up on, the rep replied they'd passed it off to the local authorities to investigate, leaving it in their hands, which was all they could do in that case since one of the DNA profiles was held locally and not in CODIS. So NamUs couldn't do the comparison.
Whether or not the investigators followed through, I'll never know.

Thought I'd chime in. I've submitted potential matches to NamUs regional case managers several times, and have always received the same copy/paste response thanking me for my submission and assuring the info will be passed onto authorities. There's usually no communication past that point. The only way I'm able to tell if my suggestions have been investigated is by periodically checking the UID's NamUs page to see if the MP has shown up in the rule-out list (which can take upwards of 6 months in my experience).

Simone Stephanie Ridinger also a Possibility but she is only 5 Ft 2 with blonde hair and brown eyes she disappeared while hitchhiking in 1977

Submitted just in case but have my doubts but she wasn’t excluded yet on Namus

Circumstances of Disappearance
Simone Ridinger was last seen when she left her place of employment, the Rainbow Restaurant 9 South Main Street in Natick, MA around 3PM on Friday, 9/2/1977. She had planned to hitchhike from work to Cape Cod, MA and then take a ferry to Martha's Vineyard where she was to meet her mother for Labor Day Weekend. In 1986 a man came forward after seeing an article in the paper about Simone's case. The man claimed that on Saturday, 9/3/77, around 6:45 AM he was pulled over by a Trooper on Route 128 (Route 95) just south of Route 109 (Westwood, MA area). The man stated he was heading to Osterville (on Cape Cod) to pick up clock parts. This man claimed the trooper had a girl in his cruiser and upon learning he was heading to Cape Cod asked if he could give the girl a ride there as well since she was headed there too. The man agreed to drive her and claimed he dropped her off at the airport rotary in Hyannis (just off Route 28). The man provided a description of the girl which was "16-18 yrs old, 5'7", 135-140 lbs, medium build with dark blonde curly hair. She was wearing blue jeans, grubby white sneakers a blue pull over blouse and was carrying a small grayish duffel bag. In 2016 after a couple years of follow-up investigation a five former co-workers of Simone's were located and interviewed for the first time. One of them was confirmed to have been working with Simone at the Rainbow Restaurant back on Friday, 9/2/77. During her interview she provide a description of what she recalled Simone wearing when she left; "She changed out of her waitress uniform and put on blue jeans, white high-top sneakers, and had a white t-shirt on. She put the waitress uniform (a blue pullover vest and blue skirt) into a small gray army style duffel bag and immediately started thumbing for a ride." This woman stated that many of the waitresses brought a change of clothes because they all hated the uniform. She also stated that she recalled Simone telling her she was going to meet her mom on the Vineyard. Let it be noted that the description from the man in 1986 was never made public until 2017. This former co-worker had never seen his description and did not know him in anyway. Their descriptions are very similar and indicate strongly that this man did see Simone on Saturday 9/3/77. Follow-up into this man's story has been ongoing since 2014 when this case was re-opened.

Namus. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Attachments

• 8F76CD96-3CD1-4A58-988D-E5730EB88F2D.jpeg
    8F76CD96-3CD1-4A58-988D-E5730EB88F2D.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 4AFAAE80-0C5F-43F0-B2F6-2AA9FBF7E9CA.jpeg
    4AFAAE80-0C5F-43F0-B2F6-2AA9FBF7E9CA.jpeg
    17.5 KB · Views: 15
Thought I'd chime in. I've submitted potential matches to NamUs regional case managers several times, and have always received the same copy/paste response thanking me for my submission and assuring the info will be passed onto authorities. There's usually no communication past that point. The only way I'm able to tell if my suggestions have been investigated is by periodically checking the UID's NamUs page to see if the MP has shown up in the rule-out list (which can take upwards of 6 months in my experience).

I have the same experience. I always try to contact Namus and at the same time the investigating agencies for both missing Person and UID. IF I can find a contact E-mail for an investigator/medical examiner/coroner at all....(I won't call in, because I'm in Europe) sometimes it looks like they are not open to the public, but that on a side note. I'm very reluctant to submit a possible match, maybe even too much. Things have to fit at least 80% before I do it. It's never based on looks alone. I still think this is good information to read, before submitting. Match Making Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa