Mexico - Kaleo Skye, 3 & Roxy Rain 10 mos, killed by dad, Rosarito, 10 Aug 2021 *arrest in CA*

Aug 12, 2021

Santa Barbara dad confessed to killing kids in Mexico, FBI says | ABC7

The owner of a surfing school in Santa Barbara confessed to using a spearfishing gun to murder his two children in Mexico, saying QAnon and Illuminati conspiracy theories convinced him "he was saving the world from monsters," according to an FBI affidavit. Full story: https://abc7.com/santa-barbara-matthe...

No wooden stake, he used his spearfishing gun.
A spearfishing gun sounds slightly better than a wooden stake until you delve into the details.
From the criminal complaint,
"he states that he first killed R.C using a spear fishing gun piercing R.C in the heart. He stated that K.C did not die right away, describes that he had to move the spear around, thereby cutting his hand in the process."

Nothing humane about that.

He was taken into custody by the FBI in San Diego and it seems criminal proceedings will happen in the US.

That sounds very interesting. I would assume that along with the "true believers", there are also a sizable segment of Q-fanatics who derive some sort of pleasure and excitement in being in on "a secret" without wholly believing it; as well as a sideline of those those nutty "celebrity clones/doubles" people (may be some overlap between the two groups, but I don't think they are necessarily one and the same).

Yeah, if this evil man believed that the kids *and the wife* were part-lizard, it's pretty telling, though merciful for her, that he didn't take her out first; but it's also questionable. Maybe she was next; maybe not.
Yes. I too am wondering what he was returning for.

Man says he killed his kids over QAnon conspiracy theories and "serpent DNA," fearing they'd become "monsters" –– CBS News
<snipped & BBM>

Coleman's wife reported to Santa Barbara police on Saturday that the family was getting ready to go camping when her husband suddenly took off with the children in the family's van. She said she didn't know where they were going and he hadn't answered her text messages.

Coleman's wife said she didn't believe the children were in any danger, that she hadn't had any problems with Coleman, and "they did not have any sort of argument" before he left, according to the court affidavit.

CBS L.A. says Coleman told FBI agents he'd put his daughter in a box for the ride to Mexico because he didn't have a car seat.

from this article

Santa Barbara man allegedly told investigators he killed his children because they were "growing into monsters" | NewsChannel 3-12

Coleman appeared in federal court by video Wednesday afternoon. He is due back in court for arraignment on Tuesday, Aug. 21. He remains in custody without bail.

okay... I found a different date for his arraignment in this article. The reporter of some articles got the kids mixed up - saying the 3 yr old was a girl & 10 mo old a boy - it is the reverse.

Matthew Taylor Coleman: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

A magistrate judge ordered Coleman to be held without bond and set his arraignment for August 31, 2021.

So I shall put this on 8/21 & see what happens unless....

I see you here @Seattle1 - :D - you always see to get into Federal court sites. He was at the U.S. District Court on Wednesday in downtown Los Angeles. And he's supposed to be in Federal custody.

California Man Murdered His Children Due To Belief In QAnon, Feds Allege

e.co.id/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2021/08/11/california-man-murdered-his-children-due-to-belief-in-qanon-feds-allege/amp/

"Coleman’s claims about serpent DNA may have been tied to the bizarre and false “reptilian” conspiracy theory, which contends that powerful people worldwide are actually human-lizard hybrids.
KEY BACKGROUND
Law enforcement officials have raised alarm that QAnon — a false conspiracy theory claiming the government is controlled by a secret cabal of satanic pedophiles — could inspire real-life violence after festering on the internet for years. Alleged QAnon adherents have been charged with murder, terrorism and conspiracy to kidnap in recent years."
this sounds eerily similar to chad daybell

its rare that a psychotic break can result in murders that appear as premeditated as this one

I was wondering about him blaming QAnon and Illuminati.

He doesn't seem to fit the profile of someone who would be drawn to either of those.

Matthew Taylor Coleman: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

"According to the criminal complaint, Coleman said he “knew it was wrong, but it was the only way course of action that would save the world.” The affidavit does not provide any other details about Coleman’s QAnon and Illuminati beliefs, and his Facebook and Instagram profiles do not include any posts about QAnon or the Illuminati."

I believe that this was premeditated murder. And that he also planned his defense, "insanity plea". He just chose QAnon and Illuminati because they are probably reviled in his "$anta Barbara" social circles.

Every day I open the news and something even more horrible than the day before has happened. These poor little ones...Godspeed them to heaven.

Now, about the monster. It's probably better that he be charged and tried in Mexico. He will not live a comfortable life in a Mexican prison like he would here in California. Also the taxpayers will be saved a lot of money, as he will not have a team of psychiatrists and lawyers at his disposal in a case that could easily take ten years before coming to trial. Go Mexico!

Okay - just looked at Aug. 21st and it's a Saturday. And I remember that article said Tuesday, but 8/21 on it - so the 2nd article is correct - 8/31 is his arraignment date - my birthday! On a Tuesday. :) Going for Taco Tuesdays! :D

speculating: marital issues maybe?
That’s what I am, or was thinking too. We’ve seen other stories where a man will kill his kids to get back at his wife.
The poor babies. I can’t imagine what he did with them in the hotel room all day Sunday. Why didn’t he kill his wife too since she was the one with the “serpent dna”!

On Wednesday, at Calvary Santa Barbara, a church Coleman was associated with, the pastor, Tommy Schneider addressed the community. “He's taken care of your children, walked in your circles, been the best man at some of your weddings,” Schneider said. “This is a person that we know. It feels like a betrayal because it is a betrayal. It's a heartache past what we can understand.”

What We Know About the QAnon Surfer Who Killed His 2 Children In Mexico

That’s what I am, or was thinking too. We’ve seen other stories where a man will kill his kids to get back at his wife.
The poor babies. I can’t imagine what he did with them in the hotel room all day Sunday. Why didn’t he kill his wife too since she was the one with the “serpent dna”!

BBM - I think that's exactly what he would have done if they had taken the family camping trip that was originally planned. Such a horrifying case - looking at his surf school website, the man had it all. What happened? :(

Reading some of the linked articles, he was allegedly receiving "visions and signs..." etc.
Insanity defense incoming...

One of the news articles has a little misprint, saying he visited "230 countries on a mission".
There's nowhere near 230 countries in the entire world.

I'd like to know more about his complete biography and hear from other family members about his background. There should be some history of mental disturbance, or at least odd behavior. I hope the wife can provide LE with some clues.

Why Mexico? It's 5 or 6 hours driving from Santa Barbara. There's plenty of out of the way areas in the hills behind Santa Barbara.
If there was some revenge thing due to marital problems, why would he come back to the US? Plus he confessed immediately, in detail, and told authorities where the children were located.

The man is psychotic, but what triggered this horrible unthinkable deed?
I'd like to know if there were any indications ...from his wife, coworkers, friends. My God, his instagram is full of family pictures.

His wife is from Texas, I hope her extended family comes to SB....she needs every support possible.

Santa Barbara man confessed to killing his kids with spear gun, cited QAnon theories, FBI says

I wasn't sure if there was a thread, as the two children have not been named. The father is Matthew Taylor Coleman who, with his wife, owned a surf school in Santa Barbara, CA.

I put CA in the title because the kidnapping took place in California and, I believe, Coleman was arrested in CA, but the crime took place in Rosarito, MX.

It's a particularly brutal crime against two beautiful children, whose mother reported them missing about 24 hours before they were found stabbed to death (apparently with a spear fishing gun?) in a field in Baja, California. She told LE that she didn't think he would hurt the children.

Coleman is 40 years old, a bit old to be succumbing to the onset of paranoid schizophrenia, but the context of these murders is bizarre, to say the least. Coleman was into various conspiracy theories and believed he had to kill/sacrifice his children to save the world.

Kids are named Kaleo (2) and Roxy (10 months)

Home | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
I'm thinking this could be a case of postpartum psychosis.

I know I know, most of you read that and immediately said to yourself "pfft, but he's a man?!". After thinking about this story since last night, I found myself asking my husband if men can get postpartum psychosis. He wasn't sure either, so I asked google and learned that yes, men can also have postpartum depression and psychosis.

Okay - just looked at Aug. 21st and it's a Saturday. And I remember that article said Tuesday, but 8/21 on it - so the 2nd article is correct - 8/31 is his arraignment date - my birthday! On a Tuesday. :) Going for Taco Tuesdays! :D
The court has not provided and dates for the defendant as of this post. Here's the docket as of Aug 12, 2021:

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA (Western Division - Los Angeles)
CRIMINAL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 2:21-mj-03722-DUTY All Defendants

Case title: USA v. Coleman

Date Filed: 08/11/2021
Assigned to: Duty Magistrate Judge____________________

Date Filed#Docket Text

08/11/2021
#1 COMPLAINT filed as to Defendant Matthew Taylor Coleman in violation of 18:1119,1111. Approved by Magistrate Judge Jacqueline Chooljian as to Matthew Taylor Coleman (1). (mhe) (Entered: 08/11/2021)

08/11/2021
#2 NOTICE OF REQUEST FOR DETENTION filed by Plaintiff USA as to Defendant Matthew Taylor Coleman (mhe) (Entered: 08/11/2021)

End of docket

Ah - you are good @Seattle1! No birth date?

JoeFromLB said:
snipped...
One of the news articles has a little misprint, saying he visited "230 countries on a mission".
There's nowhere near 230 countries in the entire world.

Had to look that up! :D

According to ISO 'Country codes' standard, there are 249 countries in the world (194 of them independent)

Oh - if someone sees his birth date - please post. All I have is the year. 1981 - TIA!

whitelilac said:
snipped...
If there was some revenge thing due to marital problems, why would he come back to the US? Plus he confessed immediately, in detail, and told authorities where the children were located.

No - as far as I have read - a farm worker found the bodies & LE knew where he was - phone data - and sent out BOLO at the border. The children were already found before he got to the border.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back