Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm lost, too.
If there's source listing the common ancestors, will someone please post it so we can connect the dots? TIA

Reposting in hopes of getting some direction here. TIA.

Last I knew, NamUs listed only manual comparison rule outs, not automatic rule outs done with CODIS. A manual rule out can include DNA, where one profile is in CODIS, and the other is held by local officials.
I also think they make some exceptions, like when they're bombarded with repeat submissions. Like they usually don't list foreigners in the rule out list, but they listed Patricia Salamandyk from Canada on Buck Skin Girl's (later identified as Marcia King) rule out list, when she was finally compared, I think because so many people kept suggesting her over the years.

I'm lost, too.
If there's source listing the common ancestors, will someone please post it so we can connect the dots? TIA

I think people have been making their own trees based on the Carter/ Wood info.
I made one myself in Google docs when it came out, I can share it with you if you want.

Yes, it's mostly just tracing it through Ancestry and Find a Grave. I just think it's one of the more interesting lines but there are a few others.
One of the B sisters was twice married to a potential father of EDJD. Her aunt had married into the Carr family and those cousins (her children) wound up in Arkansas and Texas.

Last I knew, NamUs listed only manual comparison rule outs, not automatic rule outs done with CODIS. A manual rule out can include DNA, where one profile is in CODIS, and the other is held by local officials.
I also think they make some exceptions, like when they're bombarded with repeat submissions. Like they usually don't list foreigners in the rule out list, but they listed Patricia Salamandyk from Canada on Buck Skin Girl's (later identified as Marcia King) rule out list, when she was finally compared, I think because so many people kept suggesting her over the years.

Different LE agencies also make different efforts to keep the list up to date and include everyone who's been looked at. Places where the unidentified person's agency is a medical examiner tend to be better than when a missing person goes through an overworked local police department (generically speaking)

Different LE agencies also make different efforts to keep the list up to date and include everyone who's been looked at. Places where the unidentified person's agency is a medical examiner tend to be better than when a missing person goes through an overworked local police department (generically speaking)

The lack of uniformity between investigative agencies has a lot to do with how each individual case is handled. Each state does something different, though some states require the use of NamUs. It leaves me wondering how many sets of unidentified remains cases are still out there that aren't in a national database. Or with some of the older cases, how many files got lost.

The lack of uniformity between investigative agencies has a lot to do with how each individual case is handled. Each state does something different, though some states require the use of NamUs. It leaves me wondering how many sets of unidentified remains cases are still out there that aren't in a national database. Or with some of the older cases, how many files got lost.

The NAMUS person I used to talk to before they left NAMIS told me that they thought only about 10-15% of remains had been entered as of a couple of years ago. It's gone up since then, with more agencies realizing old cases are solvable with new technology and techniques, but it's still probably not over a quarter of cases.

Not all the old cases are really unidentified people though, in the sense of being somebody who might match a missing person. Many are bones washed out of cemeteries, medical specimens, historical remains and so forth that would be good to identify. But not the same category as, say, trying to identify the children buried in unmarked graves at the Canadian schools so they can be returned to their tribes and families.

EDJD is kind of a different case from all of those, though. She's someone who deliberately chose to hide her roots, or possibly never knew them herself. Which makes it a whole lot harder.

Just submitted didn’t see a rule out but just in case any chance of her being Keli Kay McGinness?

Attachments

• 41E939B9-3DEE-48A4-8BF4-C84309BC323E.jpeg
    41E939B9-3DEE-48A4-8BF4-C84309BC323E.jpeg
    10.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 0392EACF-16C8-4878-AED5-8F6396820F47.jpeg
    0392EACF-16C8-4878-AED5-8F6396820F47.jpeg
    27.7 KB · Views: 35
Just submitted didn’t see a rule out but just in case any chance of her being Keli Kay McGinness?
They look similar in those two pictures but EDJD has a longer face and different nose in my opinion. Additionally, based on this link, it seems like her mother may still be alive ( or at least was up until 2008 - the latest date mentioned) and her two children have met each other. Since the link mentions some bones awaiting DNA testing, I'm guessing they have some DNA either from her mom or her kids. We know EDJD has had her DNA sequenced. If EDJD was Keli, I think that connection would have been made before now.

My bad for some reason it wasn’t showing on Namus

I've had rule outs pop in days after I submitted the name, so it's possible it's a new addition.

Pretty sure Ms McGinness was ruled out a long time ago but she won't come up as a rule out using the spelling Keli since NamUs has her name spelled Kelly. All I did was scroll thru the rule outs and look for her picture.

Pretty sure Ms McGinness was ruled out a long time ago but she won't come up as a rule out using the spelling Keli since NamUs has her name spelled Kelly. All I did was scroll thru the rule outs and look for her picture.

There are also 3 pages of rule outs for her if you don't change the settings...

I am seeing this also with Princess Doe. They don't have all the rule outs listed in NamUs, but I have a contact with the Blairstown Museum who does have a current list, I was convinced Princess Doe was Kathleen Kelly - not listed as a rule out in NamUs but the Museum said she was ruled out with DNA years back. It's just very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken