UK UK - Georgina Gharsallah, 30, Worthing, 7 March 2018

Some strange messages this evening on the FB page set up for Georgina's disappearence.

Psychic mediums are at best attention seekers who delude themselves as much as others and at worst, purely con women/men who make money from preying on the vulnerable.
I suppose everyone has different views. I believe in the supernatural but people can open themselves up to all kinds of things and imaginations can be wild too. Anyway not to digress further we have to rely on the very little we know and the fact that the police decided to make this a homicide investigation.

There are very little clues into how Georgina vanished and if she did come to any harm and if she didn't is she being held against her will as the police would suppose fowl play. Why was Teville Gate never searched thoroughly by sniffer dogs? Do the police maybe know more to this and perhaps looking at something at a much larger level? There have already been several opportunities missed with the CVTV footage in Chapel Road not being released until Months later.

Last edited:
One of Georgina's last known movements was sitting in a hotel in Brighton until the early hours.
It was only a few days later when she vanished.
If Georgina was visiting hotels late at night for reasons unknown to us, possibly known to her family then why was a big search not done in Brighton.
My theory is that Georgina returned to Brighton and possibly came to harm.
There are many smaller hotels around the town centre which are not just for holiday makers. I know from having worked with the homeless that some hotels are used for housing in emergency situations. There is also prostitution and illegal activities where hotel bases are used.

What's odd with this one is we know pretty much no information about GG's background, her family life, what she was doing in the days leading up to her disappearance, no testimonies or information from her friends. For a disappearance n 2018 this seems perplexing to me.

Was GG's Libyan half of the family Muslim? (As i am Muslim myself it would interest me to know that), did her father approve of this lifestyle she was apparently leading? Were the mother and father even together? When GG's mother is mentioned in newspaper articles, they always say "HER home" implying that she lives alone and the parents are not together. In any event it appears that GG's father was active in her life yet i cannot find a single comment or any information from him about her disappearance, everything is focused only around the mother.

Also, how does a single mother of two very young children have the time to take off to random hotels in another part of town and come and go for weeks on end? The mother says this was normal for her. How? How does a single mother of toddlers have the availability to live this kind of transient lifestyle? I don't see any photos of her with her children or anything around that other than "she has two young children who miss her". Was she raising these children or was the mother the main carer for them? How was her being unemployed an issue with two young children? because when you have young children in the UK especially as a single mother you get benefits for that. There are very few single mothers in the UK who are completely broke and destitute and scraping around trying to sell old Nintendo consoles for cash. I see people like that all the time outside Cash Converters and they never have kids or any responsibilities. They move around from temp accommodation to temp accommodation scraping money together wherever they can. Young women with young children tend to be more stable and settled. The way the story is framed makes it seem to me like someone else had custody of her kids.

I don't think she looks like she is on drugs or even drunk in the shop footage. Just looks like she is being over-friendly and animated to me, like that's her personality. Did the man in the shop ever confirmed what she was talking about or her condition? He is talking to her for quite a while in the footage. Surely he was asked? I can't find anything.

The woman in the CCTV not being identified is a bit surprising considering the amount of coverage on social media in the local area but then when you look at it that could be anyone, the woman looks like a million other women walking around and we don't see her face. The woman looks to be a shopper and it seems like she might be simply pointing a direction out to GG and showing her where something is. The lady could have spent no more than a few more seconds with her once they go off camera and be totally insignificant to the case.

What's odd with this one is we know pretty much no information about GG's background, her family life, what she was doing in the days leading up to her disappearance, no testimonies or information from her friends. For a disappearance n 2018 this seems perplexing to me.

Was GG's Libyan half of the family Muslim? (As i am Muslim myself it would interest me to know that), did her father approve of this lifestyle she was apparently leading? Were the mother and father even together? When GG's mother is mentioned in newspaper articles, they always say "HER home" implying that she lives alone and the parents are not together. In any event it appears that GG's father was active in her life yet i cannot find a single comment or any information from him about her disappearance, everything is focused only around the mother.

Also, how does a single mother of two very young children have the time to take off to random hotels in another part of town and come and go for weeks on end? The mother says this was normal for her. How? How does a single mother of toddlers have the availability to live this kind of transient lifestyle? I don't see any photos of her with her children or anything around that other than "she has two young children who miss her". Was she raising these children or was the mother the main carer for them? How was her being unemployed an issue with two young children? because when you have young children in the UK especially as a single mother you get benefits for that. There are very few single mothers in the UK who are completely broke and destitute and scraping around trying to sell old Nintendo consoles for cash. I see people like that all the time outside Cash Converters and they never have kids or any responsibilities. They move around from temp accommodation to temp accommodation scraping money together wherever they can. Young women with young children tend to be more stable and settled. The way the story is framed makes it seem to me like someone else had custody of her kids.

I don't think she looks like she is on drugs or even drunk in the shop footage. Just looks like she is being over-friendly and animated to me, like that's her personality. Did the man in the shop ever confirmed what she was talking about or her condition? He is talking to her for quite a while in the footage. Surely he was asked? I can't find anything.

The woman in the CCTV not being identified is a bit surprising considering the amount of coverage on social media in the local area but then when you look at it that could be anyone, the woman looks like a million other women walking around and we don't see her face. The woman looks to be a shopper and it seems like she might be simply pointing a direction out to GG and showing her where something is. The lady could have spent no more than a few more seconds with her once they go off camera and be totally insignificant to the case.

There is a commentary about Georgina via the following link although Georgina's mother has said herself it is written by a member of the public and not all together accurate:-
Disappearance of Georgina Gharsallah - Wikipedia

Georgina had a strict upbringing and her family came over from Libya. (Not sure if the father is Muslim)
Both parents were not together and divorced at the time of Georgina's disappearance
Georgina was living with her mum after a relationship ended and was due to visit her father on the day she went missing but never showed up). From my understanding the police thoroughly searched both family homes at the beginning of the investigation).
Georgina had two FB pages which shows she dearly loved her children
Georgina had visiting rights to her children. Further information is available on this Georgina Gharsallah — The Missing Podcast

Disappearance of Georgina Gharsallah - Wikipedia

Georgina is/was her own person in her 30's rather than a teenager so not really accountable to her parents approval at all. She left her mums home where she was staying at the time for a day trip and went to get a new sim card for her phone then simply disappeared afterwards.

Last edited:
There is always the possibility that Georgina could have made it back to Libya via fake documentation although there would need to have been a motive . In my opinion it may be worth looking back to the area the exact town she grew up in and going over google maps/newspaper articles/interesting events. Is there a missing persons group maybe where her missing posters could be circulated.
The official language in Libya is Arabic and as far as I am aware Georgina could get by with the language as she spoke Arabic during her childhood.

There is always the possibility that Georgina could have made it back to Libya via fake documentation although there would need to have been a motive . In my opinion it may be worth looking back to the area the exact town she grew up in and going over google maps/newspaper articles/interesting events. Is there a missing persons group maybe where her missing posters could be circulated.
The official language in Libya is Arabic and as far as I am aware Georgina could get by with the language as she spoke Arabic during her childhood.
I have asked one of Georgina's immediate family if going back to Libya may have been an option for Georgina and it has been pointed out about the current political climate and how people are now leaving the country. It is not a safe place to go back there is the general opinion is that this is not something to look into.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back