Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Break in Maddie McCann Case Centers on Killer Pedophile

The connection to MN has been discussed at length on this forum, once CB was publicly outed.

Does anyone else think the date on the above article adds more weight to the connection?

As far as I can see there is simply no connection at all.

MN is a known serial killer / pedophile that target BOYS ONLY at a specific range of ages. It's NOT like CB that did target several ages of children/woman (rape/abuse) and could had preferences for week people (old/young) instead of targeting specific age/gender. If you study Serial Killers in general including the ones that kill adults you will see on most cases a pattern. MN do have a pattern for his crimes. I would not think MN would go to kidnap a little girl.

From the article :

The first lead is a more thorough investigation into German pedophile Martin Ney, who, Portuguese authorities have confirmed to The Daily Beast, told a prison inmate in Germany something only McCann’s kidnapper could know.

"told something that only MM kidnapper could know" is NOT TRUE and misleading and only serves to confuse people and sell newspapers. MM "file" is public. The PJ did publish/made available the DVD with the process of the case as it was of public interest. When the secrecy of justice ended the documents were published. There was no body found and there is nothing that the PJ is holding that is not of public domain, so "something that only the killer would know" doesn't make sense at all. IT WOULD make sense for example if a body were to be found, and for instance if the police were to know the exact way the victim was killed and no-one else except the killer were able to know. This is the reason for secrecy on details by general rule BUT on MM case this doesn't apply as the FILE/PROCESS is PUBLIC so there is nothing that the police know that general public doesn't know as well making impossible for the PJ to have more data that only the killer would know.

McCann, if alive, will turn 16 on May 12—far too old for the type of pedophile ring that Ney ran. But if she was taken by Ney and the other suspect, or their associates, they alone may be able to shed light on what happened to her and give her grieving parents continued hope, or the closure they deserve.

As far as we know MN didn't run a "ring" or anything of that sort as major serial killers don't. MN as a typical serial killer that was pedophile as well and target little boys. The rest of "rings" and associations is "myth" and only serves to create "false hope" to link more people to the cases he was involved. This didn't happen so far and is very unlikely to happen in the future as MN did behave like the majority of serial killers either alone or with one accomplice and NOT in a big ring. Worst case scenario MN could be "registered" or using pedophile forums or pedophile related sites on the net and could know "virtually" other people that could had committed the MM crime. This includes other pedophiles of sites that he could possible browse but as he did targeted little boys only it's not likely to have any link or interest for MM unless somehow somewhere he did end up reading/know about someone that did commit the MM crime but that is very unlikely and even if something like that were stated on the net it's also very unlikely to be "true". Even if someone on a network of child abuse sites were to tell MN that the person did kill MM there is no way to know if the person were telling truth or not and most likely it wouldn't tell if he was the real killer so ....

For me there is no link whatsoever from MM and MN. This doesn't apply to MN and other "cold cases" of MISSING BOYS of certain ages, this is what I stated all the time, it should be properly investigated BUT taking intro account the type of "victims" that MN targeted ...

"Maybe" because of the money SY/Operation Grange are getting to work on the MM case at least from time to time they have to provide "something" like a "suspect" or a lead that they are following even if not very related with MM because for the general public if they are going to keep on requesting $$$ to work on the case they should show some "progress" or at least show that they are "investigating" something to "look good" otherwise people will start to "think" that there is a lot of money going on to an investigation that are showing no results at all... Stories on the newspapers do help as general public are willing to believe the majority of the stuff that is written there even when lacks any sort of logic and even when the articled depict stuff that did never happen in the majority of solved/known cases ...
Fact is that it's "easier" to believe in everything that is written on newspapers and sometimes even on the internet in general (including social media networks) rather then it is to "think" if what is written/stated makes sense or not. This does apply as well to that info that was spread on the media about CB link to BoysTown arrests, etc... If I go on to the PT newspapers and tell something like a big drug bust that did took place in Lisbon no-one will care and no-one will remember. If I take the exact same article and place a line saying that CB did had a link to that "drug dealing" "ring" from one moment to the other it will be all over the international news and all people will talk about that just because CB is a suspect of MM case. As MM case is popular all of the suspects are "popular" and for some people it's a good thing to make links to get publicity. Simple as that.

New Break in Maddie McCann Case Centers on Killer Pedophile

The connection to MN has been discussed at length on this forum, once CB was publicly outed.

Does anyone else think the date on the above article adds more weight to the connection?

We discussed this article, or a similar one. a while ago.
It seems that MN did discuss another alleged victim of his (JC) with a cellmate in Germany.

MN is now in France and has been charged with JC's murder.
There is a separate thread for MN regarding this latest charge.

As far as I can see there is simply no connection at all.

MN is a known serial killer / pedophile that target BOYS ONLY at a specific range of ages. It's NOT like CB that did target several ages of children/woman (rape/abuse) and could had preferences for week people (old/young) instead of targeting specific age/gender. If you study Serial Killers in general including the ones that kill adults you will see on most cases a pattern. MN do have a pattern for his crimes. I would not think MN would go to kidnap a little girl.

From the article :

The first lead is a more thorough investigation into German pedophile Martin Ney, who, Portuguese authorities have confirmed to The Daily Beast, told a prison inmate in Germany something only McCann’s kidnapper could know.

"told something that only MM kidnapper could know" is NOT TRUE and misleading and only serves to confuse people and sell newspapers. MM "file" is public. The PJ did publish/made available the DVD with the process of the case as it was of public interest. When the secrecy of justice ended the documents were published. There was no body found and there is nothing that the PJ is holding that is not of public domain, so "something that only the killer would know" doesn't make sense at all. IT WOULD make sense for example if a body were to be found, and for instance if the police were to know the exact way the victim was killed and no-one else except the killer were able to know. This is the reason for secrecy on details by general rule BUT on MM case this doesn't apply as the FILE/PROCESS is PUBLIC so there is nothing that the police know that general public doesn't know as well making impossible for the PJ to have more data that only the killer would know.

McCann, if alive, will turn 16 on May 12—far too old for the type of pedophile ring that Ney ran. But if she was taken by Ney and the other suspect, or their associates, they alone may be able to shed light on what happened to her and give her grieving parents continued hope, or the closure they deserve.

As far as we know MN didn't run a "ring" or anything of that sort as major serial killers don't. MN as a typical serial killer that was pedophile as well and target little boys. The rest of "rings" and associations is "myth" and only serves to create "false hope" to link more people to the cases he was involved. This didn't happen so far and is very unlikely to happen in the future as MN did behave like the majority of serial killers either alone or with one accomplice and NOT in a big ring. Worst case scenario MN could be "registered" or using pedophile forums or pedophile related sites on the net and could know "virtually" other people that could had committed the MM crime. This includes other pedophiles of sites that he could possible browse but as he did targeted little boys only it's not likely to have any link or interest for MM unless somehow somewhere he did end up reading/know about someone that did commit the MM crime but that is very unlikely and even if something like that were stated on the net it's also very unlikely to be "true". Even if someone on a network of child abuse sites were to tell MN that the person did kill MM there is no way to know if the person were telling truth or not and most likely it wouldn't tell if he was the real killer so ....

For me there is no link whatsoever from MM and MN. This doesn't apply to MN and other "cold cases" of MISSING BOYS of certain ages, this is what I stated all the time, it should be properly investigated BUT taking intro account the type of "victims" that MN targeted ...

Of the known suspects, who do you think is most likely responsible for MM’s disappearance?

A concise response would be very much appreciated.

Honestly I don't know.

IMO, I think we can be fairly sure the perpetrator/s have been named, probably within the PJ Files or at sometime in the media in the last 14-years.

This site is “Websleuths”, I’m hear to see what people’s thoughts are on who committed this crime, NOT reasons why it can’t be anyone.

From the start, I feel like all your posts state who it cannot be and your justifications why. I have no issue with this as part of the sleuthing process but please be balanced and put forward some ideas on who it could be with equal justifications why.

Sometimes I wonder whether CB and MN used to pretend together to be two Russian-German* brothers at the time ....
Just a thought, nothing else ... probably not the case ...

* if I recall well, CB had piles of passports at his house

Sometimes I wonder whether CB and MN used to pretend together to be two Russian-German* brothers at the time ....
Just a thought, nothing else ... probably not the case ...

* if I recall well, CB had piles of passports at his house

Interesting thought....!

Hasn't MN been extradited until august/september? But nothing new to read so far...

Interesting thought....!

Hasn't MN been extradited until august/september? But nothing new to read so far...
I keep checking the press for news about his trial but nothing so far. The French police were reportedly seeking more evidence about MN's movements in the area from where Jonathan disappeared in 2004. I've pretty much convinced myself that Ney's absence is the reason for the hold-up in BKA questioning CB.
If I was an experienced burglar but a novice child abductor, I'd be wanting to pick the brains of someone who'd committed such a crime, undetected. I'd also do that on the phone rather than the internet so that the police couldn't prove my advisor was a co-conspirator in any abduction I subsequently carried out.

Interesting thought....!

According to the LCI website (French news channel) it's the end of September:
Les magistrats français ont jusqu'à fin septembre pour interroger Martin Ney. Ensuite, il devra retourner en Allemagne.​
(French magistrates have until the end of September to question Martin Ney. After that he will have to return to Germany.)
Meurtre du petit Jonathan en 2004 : la piste du tueur en série allemand sous l'œil de "Sept à Huit"

That's old news, he was apparently moved before 2/1/21. Clue in report- scuffle with guards in which CB broke his ribs (Nov 2020)
They're citing a Daily Mirror article (also published on 17 August 2021). Clearly both 'journalists' - I use the term loosely - have completely forgotten that CB has been extradited to France. Shows how unreliable the tabloids are.

That's old news, he was apparently moved before 2/1/21. Clue in report- scuffle with guards in which CB broke his ribs (Nov 2020)
I don´t think it´s old news? The scuffle with guards was related to CB's transfer from the prison in Kiel to Braunschweig.
This prison is in Oldenburg, East of Bremen.

According to reports from belgium and italy, he was moved to high security prison in oldenburg because of different reasons.

The italian report wrote that CB tried to flee and had to be stopped by a guard.

Scomparsa Maddie McCann, novità sul sospettato numero 1

The report from Belgium wrote about a fight with a guard in a prison close to Braunschweig (Wolfenbüttel?) and broken ribs (again?).

https://www.sudinfo.be/id411667/art...ect-dans-laffaire-maddie-mccann-ete-transfere

Hard to say if it's old or new info. But if it's new reliable info, it could explain the movements from Kiel to Wolfenbüttel and Oldenburg. IF it's all true, CB seems to be some kind "difficult" prisoner. It could even explain his fan mail to the prosecutors with the pizzaria sketch.

Seems like, he is a little bit angry about his situation? Good chance that time is on the prosecutors side and that it will break him in the future?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member