Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #73 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly. At the moment, I am in the camp that this was a planned murder - not a spontaneous rage killing.

I didn't say it was spontaneous. I believe this was planned, and born out of rage, which endured. The rage fueled the plans.

Keep in mind that I am suggesting a very dark scenario, indeed, what with tranquilizer darts, and moving her body off property before she died.

I also believe that after Barry disposed of Suzanne, he went back to PP and sat down at her computer and read as much as he could of her messages to JL. JL was responsible for the purchase of the bike - JL is the inspiration for her becoming a bicyclist (IMO). Barry probably thought it was...him. He already knew about JL and he was already furious, but he now realizes that the bike and other aspects of her lifestyle - maybe even her choice of biking clothing - was related to JL, not to him.

He was still working out the staging in his mind, but the fact that he forgot to turn off his phone when he takes the bike down to its resting spot tells me that he was not thinking straight (angry, tired, blown gaskets). He doesn't have much time - he needs to get on the road to Broomfield, for whatever reason. He's probably going nuts with regret, rage, fear, self-hatred, suicidality and whatever else goes along with this kind of crime - but he can't be knocked down, he's tough.

And now he's in jail for something he did, planned to do, and couldn't keep himself from doing.

IMO.

Lighter thoughts: I am compiling a little zoo for us. So far we have a mountain lion, a bobcat, 85 chipmunks, and of course big bucks. Anything else?

May I extend a deeply felt thank you for this hysterical post and for all of those who chimed in with additions to the zoo. It was a needed mood altering event as my 52yo sister, diagnosed with Lewy Body Disease, went nonverbal over the weekend.

Sending hearty virtual hugs to @Kemug and also to those who quickly added to the zoo that we have found in this Murder 1 case. Remembering last evening's comments still giving a LOL. Someone was told they couldn't add just the donkey's azz as the whole donkey had to be present! :)

Thank you @NoSI for the document!

I don’t remember this.. "# Recording 3… September 2018: SO was visiting SM. BM was hunting in NE or AZ at the time. SO saw headlights coming up to PP. They stopped short of the house. Somebody moved about in the dark and appeared to look in the house. They learned that it was BM. "

Wow BM sure was paranoid. To “sneak” back home like that. To me this also confirms they didn't have working cameras if Barry didn't believe it was SO visiting.
That's if he was out of town at all. And, that's creepy AF.

Does anyone have a tweet that mentioned 18 missing miles?

And have we heard yet in the prelim about the FBI and the Franz Lake meetup with Barry?

His Defense is insisting that he went to the Spa store between 4:30-5:00 on Saturday May 9. Broomfield was on Sunday May 10 so I don’t know how they’re saying that accounts for the mileage discrepancy.

There were 19 miles that were unaccounted for when #BarryMorphew went to Broomfield. Neilsen said this Salida Stove and Spa trip could account for 18 miles.
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1425215332575236096?s=21

I’m guessing there are no cameras , phone pings or GPS evidence to put BM at the Spa Store, just the witness testimony?
Why else would the Agent discount it?

Grusing testifies he wrote in arrest affidavit that #BarryMorphew was 'most likely chasing Suzanne around while she was conscious' and that's why Barry's phone pinged in different areas in/around house, but defense says his movement impossible given time/distance of cell records.

Defense says employees at Salida Stove and Spa saw Barry come in to the store between 4-5:30pm on Saturday, May 9 and there was nothing odd about Barry's demeanor. Agent Grusing says he did not include this information in his timeline of events from May 9.

https://twitter.com/russellhaythorn/status/1425214933793341440?s=21

A possible time to use the truck for hiding SM, between 2:47pm and the data wipe (+5:30pm?) +2.5 hours, while leaving his phone at home.
Just jumping off your post...

Didn't Andy mention a 3 hour window early on? I wonder how much that 3 hour window really does apply now with what we know?

I will put this as JMO because I can't find now where Andy said this.

Just jumping off your post...

Didn't Andy mention a 3 hour window early on? I wonder how much that 3 hour window really does apply now with what we know?

I will put this as JMO because I can't find now where Andy said this.

I’m guessing he hid her body between 11pm-3am based on the different time gaps we know of:

At 2:47PM- his phone goes into airplane mode

Suzanne got messages after 2:47 from Libler but did not respond. (Jmo- Est. Time of death 3:30-4pm I really think he kept her in the hot tub w cover on it until night fell)

—-2 hour gap—- (kills her)

No movement of truck until 4:44 pm - driver door closes and driver door opens

—- 45 minute gap— maybe he was messing w his truck’s battery—-?

5:33 pm - power removed system reboot on truck - not sure what caused this action

—-2.5-3.5 hour gap—— (cleans up, gathers evidence and stuff he wants to throw away during his many trash dumps, etc.)

8-9pm- Facebook password reset and 23 friend request sent.

9:24PM driver door closes and parking lights go on and off.

9:25PM truck goes into reverse 96 feet “out of the driveway” (may have backed it up so he could get another vehicle out of the driveway)

9:52pm- Passenger door opens and closes (this is when he most likely said he was loading up his car for the next morning.)

10:17pm-phone went out of airplane mode. FBI agent says it was just sitting around.

—-5 hour gap—- dispose of body

3:25AM- driver door opens and closes. At the end of driveway until 3:58AM- when BM’s Cell phone moves from residence up until where 225 and highway 50 intersect, but phone experts can’t confirm this movement.

eta-clarity

Last edited:
His Defense is insisting that he went to the Spa store between 4:30-5:00 on Saturday May 9. Broomfield was on Sunday May 10 so I don’t know how they’re saying that accounts for the mileage discrepancy.

There were 19 miles that were unaccounted for when #BarryMorphew went to Broomfield. Neilsen said this Salida Stove and Spa trip could account for 18 miles.

Thank you Cindizzi. I was looking a map and noticed that Franz Lake is a few miles east of Salida Spa, via Airport Rd. Then taking Rt 291 would be a roundabout way back to 285, then on to Broomfield.

I am very curious to learn why the FBI chose to meet Barry at Franz Lake.

Nielsen says DNA shows that there was a strong probability #SuzanneMorphew DNA was found on the cables that were unplugged from the system used to support the security cameras. #BarryMorphew @KKTV11News
I don’t know about other couples but every time my husband is doing anything around the house, he asks me to help him. I am invariably the one with my hands on breaker box or holding something for him etc etc etc
I suspect something was wrong with cameras - SM was asked to help and plug/unplug/hold cable while BM worked on camera or some other scenario.
The question is… did BM set it up intentionally to appear she disconnected the cameras? Or made her paranoid about them so she disconnected them? He might have learned more than we know … listening to Forensic Files.

I’m guessing he hid her body between 11pm-3am based on the different time gaps we know of:
I’m wondering if he took the Bobcat to get blade replaced that day specifically so that he could swing by “somewhere” and dig a hole before the blade was replaced?
Why replace blade on Saturday(?) but then NOT take it with him unless he wanted everyone to think it wasn’t involved?
I don’t know when or where he dug a hole but I think he dug one, so it was just a matter of tranquilizing her and taking her to the location.

Thank you.
I'm still not discounting that BM had help. There are a lot of nutjobs out there on the dark web.
The fact that both doors on his truck were opened at least two times, that I recall, reminded me.
Whether I'm loading or unloading anything to or from my car, I don't open two doors to do so. I usually use my trunk unless it's in bulk. Still, I load and unload from one side, if I'm alone when doing so.
This may or may not parlay into the unidentified dna in SM's glove box. Maybe someone was looking in there for whatever. It sounds like that particular dna wasn't found in the car anywhere else.
Just a thought.

I don’t know about other couples but every time my husband is doing anything around the house, he asks me to help him. I am invariably the one with my hands on breaker box or holding something for him etc etc etc
I suspect something was wrong with cameras - SM was asked to help and plug/unplug/hold cable while BM worked on camera or some other scenario.
The question is… did BM set it up intentionally to appear she disconnected the cameras? Or made her paranoid about them so she disconnected them? He might have learned more than we know … listening to Forensic Files.
Or he disabled them and she found them, handled them.
She did mention in her 50 whatever about the cameras in the garage. We still don't know what she meant by that.

I can understand why poor Suzanne would hook up with that JL it seems that SM was a person who needed love! She needed so badly to feel that someone actually had real feelings for her and cared for her.
BM didn’t love her and it seems the girls, guided by BM, were drifting away. SB had become a stranger in a strange and lonely land.
So she was susceptible to being played by JL, believing his loving lies. In her fantasy, JL was a white knight who would deliver her from BM’s evil clutches and fly her away to a fairy tale life in never-land!
Poor Suzanne was simply the innocent heir to an unfortunate, grisly but ultimately inescapable doom. She sought a small share of true love but only found death.

So, I’m convinced there’s another vehicle here.

Barry’s truck moved once, but just a ways down the driveway. We haven’t heard any evidence that Barry traveled anywhere until the early morning hours of the 10th.

Defense now recounting the movement of #BarryMorphew truck. Recall-- it was parked in the Morphew driveway from the afternoon of May 9th to early morning May 10th. @KKTV11News

He just has to have dumped Suzanne’s body before heading to Broomfield, but it doesn’t look like he used his truck. Then I remembered this Tweet from Lauren:

On May 7, #BarryMorphew texted a person about getting a new truck. Attempted to call #SuzanneMorphew dad Gene. Also texted George Davis. Mallory was sending pictures of their trip to Utah and also a text that said, "Finally got the job!"

I don’t think he did get a new one, obviously, but I do wonder if he borrowed one to dispose of Suzanne. The reset of his truck doesn’t wipe out the data in the future, yet there’s nothing there.

I think there’s a bombshell coming.
I do too. An atomic bomb.

I find it hard to believe that Barry would allow Suzanne to have access to 70k or any other large amount of cash, considering he was suspicious of her already....Unless, he was baiting her. If that is the case, then it could have been any amount...not necessarily 70k.

I have a vague recollection of $70,000 being the amount that was agreed upon between BM and the Indiana company for the subcontract work on the Broomfield wall. Does anyone else remember this?

ETA: Yes, according to LS's video reporting about the Broomfield wall job, BM was to be paid about $70,000 for that job. Interesting coincidence.

Here is the link. At about 13:20 LS mentions how much MG remembers BM was to be paid for the Broomfield job involving the two walls:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #48

Maybe the missing 19th mile is him planting the helmet.

I’m wondering if he took the Bobcat to get blade replaced that day specifically so that he could swing by “somewhere” and dig a hole before the blade was replaced?
Why replace blade on Saturday(?) but then NOT take it with him unless he wanted everyone to think it wasn’t involved?
I don’t know when or where he dug a hole but I think he dug one, so it was just a matter of tranquilizing her and taking her to the location.

I'm wondering how long the Bobcat blade replacement took and whether there is any chance he left it there to be worked on, and went and did other stuff, picking it back up later.

MOO

I have a vague recollection of $70,000 being the amount that was agreed upon between BM and the Indiana company for the subcontract work on the Broomfield wall. Does anyone else remember this?

ETA: Yes, according to LS's video reporting about the Broomfield wall job, BM was to be paid about $70,000 for that job. Interesting coincidence.

Here is the link. At about 13:20 LS mentions how much MG remembers BM was to be paid for the Broomfield job involving the two walls:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #48

Great catch! And $70k cash allegedly missing from his safe. Sounds like someone had money fronted for a job and spent it somewhere he shouldn’t have. Then blames SM for taking it.

It reeks of kickbacks and unreported cash revenue.

<modsnip> @NoSI’s notes had this:

JL reportedly lied about the last time they talked. When was last conversation, “I don’t know”. When was the last time you two spoke? “I forgot”.

Sad. Barry didn’t recall what his last words to Suzanne were either.

She was asleep when I left. She was sound asleep.”
I’m sure she was sound asleep from that tranquilizer dart or whatever he used. I just hope she wasn’t still breathing when he buried her.
Many many years ago a local man killed his wife because she was going to divorce him and take half of everything “HE” worked for - she was just a homemaker with 4 kids. He hired another man to help and she was buried alive (per autopsy) very close to where I lived. His accomplice talked.
He is still alive but in prison - his oldest daughter is totally devoted to him.

Could the previous owners of PP have taken it with them in 2018? Not sure cameras inside the house ever worked or recorded are we?
MOO
Didn’t I read that SM told her friend that he had cameras and used them to spy on her - in garage, specifically? Maybe they were not the cameras that were hooked to security system? I have a variety of different kinds all over my place - as well as a couple that were included with security system.
The missing DVR suggests wired cameras - but they could have had wireless ones as well - which do not require WiFi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong