UK - Serving police officer and 3 yo found dead at residential address, Kidderminster, 13 Aug 2021

I wonder why the father and baby came home early.

From your link:
The policeman and his three-year-old son who were found dead at home had just returned early from a family holiday.
A neighbour said David Louden, 39, had been away on holiday with wife Samantha, their son Harrison and another relative but the trip was cut short.
Did one of them feel sick? Could they have caught something on the trip?

With the update regarding returning from holiday early. I'm wondering if the father passed away from illness and then the boy shortly after? Awful to think about, but I'm definitely not feeling a murder/suicide with this case. MOO

Edited to add - does anyone know when they returned from holiday, it wasn't clear from the above report??

With the update regarding returning from holiday early. I'm wondering if the father passed away from illness and then the boy shortly after? Awful to think about, but I'm definitely not feeling a murder/suicide with this case. MOO

Edited to add - does anyone know when they returned from holiday, it wasn't clear from the above report??

That's interesting as I get the opposite feeling. I think the overwhelming tributes are to a very well liked person possibly struggling with their mental health.

JMO obviously and awfully sad whatever has happened. RIP both of them

Did one of them feel sick? Could they have caught something on the trip?
It would be incredible bad luck for both to die though. It could be plausible that perhaps he’d caught Covid and didn’t realise - there have been scenarios when people go to bed and don’t wake up etc however I would imagine the son would be crying and raising an alarm. Unless the son tried to and fell down the stairs? Although again extremely unlikely this would result in death and may even alert the neighbours.

So what are the actual possibilities here?

Murder/suicide - which seems unlikely to me but that’s purely based on the family statements

Intruder? Again unlikely and certainly not mentioned anywhere but as he’s a police officer may have some enemies.

CM - but why isn’t this made public as they would have the results by now.

Illness? Unlikely to me as BOTH of them died ….

Accident? Again most accidents would have been very obvious when discovered so not unexplained.

Also, as a police officer surely DL would’ve got help if HL was hurt or injured before him?

Thoughts fellow sleuths?

From the article I posted above I am assuming the other relative that Mum stayed on holiday with was their other child, Harrison's sibling.

I feel that if illness was the reason for them returning early, the whole family would have returned home, I'm just thinking what we would do in that situation.
In my opinion the most likely reason would be an argument. I did consider a family emergency but I think Dad would have left Harrison on holiday with Mum and the other relative (sibling) whilst he went home to deal with it.

MOO

So what are the actual possibilities here?

Murder/suicide - which seems unlikely to me but that’s purely based on the family statements

Intruder? Again unlikely and certainly not mentioned anywhere but as he’s a police officer may have some enemies.

CM - but why isn’t this made public as they would have the results by now.

Illness? Unlikely to me as BOTH of them died ….

Accident? Again most accidents would have been very obvious when discovered so not unexplained.

Also, as a police officer surely DL would’ve got help if HL was hurt or injured before him?

Thoughts fellow sleuths?

Unfortunately I'm thinking Murder/suicide, however I really hope I am wrong.
After following so many cases on here I might just be getting cynical!

If you’d had a big argument why would you take one child though? As a mother I wouldn’t be happy with Dad storming off with one kid. I guess we don’t know where they were on holiday (we are pretty landlocked in Kidderminster, 2 hours from the sea …)
Also if this is the case how sad that no one noticed how desperate DL was whilst away.

If you’d had a big argument why would you take one child though? As a mother I wouldn’t be happy with Dad storming off with one kid. I guess we don’t know where they were on holiday (we are pretty landlocked in Kidderminster, 2 hours from the sea …)
Also if this is the case how sad that no one noticed how desperate DL was whilst away.

Is it a possibility he took him during the night and Mum woke up and they were gone? Then raised the alarm for a welfare check in the morning once she realised they were no longer there?

Last edited:
This article just says another relative was on holiday with them. Where is the mention that they had another child? It might not have been a child.

Also, there is an interesting comment on the ITV news Facebook page under a story about this case 2 days ago. Could be false obviously.

I'm sure I read in msm there was another child. Will have a look through some articles and try to find it and post a link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back