UK - Serving police officer and 3 yo found dead at residential address, Kidderminster, 13 Aug 2021

This article just says another relative was on holiday with them. Where is the mention that they had another child? It might not have been a child.

Also, there is an 'interesting' comment on the ITV news Facebook page under a story about this case 2 days ago. Could be false obviously.

From the article I posted and you quoted

'She was there with a family friend and they spent several hours in the house before leaving.

'The couple haven't lived in the house for long but I understand they have another child so she was probably collecting some clothes and toys.

Heartbroken wife 'collected clothes and toys' from house where husband and son were found dead | Daily Mail Online

This article just says another relative was on holiday with them. Where is the mention that they had another child? It might not have been a child.

Also, there is an 'interesting' comment on the ITV news Facebook page under a story about this case 2 days ago. Could be false obviously.
I can’t find this (the fb comment) are you allowed to quote it here?

From the article I posted and you quoted

'She was there with a family friend and they spent several hours in the house before leaving.

'The couple haven't lived in the house for long but I understand they have another child so she was probably collecting some clothes and toys.

Heartbroken wife 'collected clothes and toys' from house where husband and son were found dead | Daily Mail Online

Ah, thank you. Don't know how I missed that!

I can’t find this (the fb comment) are you allowed to quote it here?

No sorry we can't post rumours on here. We can only hint at where to find things

This one really is a riddle... I was thinking they're just taking their time and respecting a colleague but this is taking too long to declare an accidental CO poisoning surely?...

There could I guess be evidence of possible tampering/faulty work and therefore they're trying to work out if that was intentional or not?

In terms of the situation. The original news on this said that he lived in the house after a relationship breakdown but then neighbours have said they all lived in the house together. Now we have the mother not returning home after the holiday. Sounds like the couple were splitting but it was relatively recent/the children hadn't been told yet. Holiday already booked. This could possibly be one of those horrible situations where someone feels like their losing their family so decide to take them with them in death.

Not likely, but possible circumstances that could lead to a father and child simultaneously dying..imo, speculation.

-Close proximity to each other when one is electrocuted, both die.
-Father has a massive heart attack and falls onto child, who is smothered by body or -hits head, leading to death.
-Both ingested poisoned food or drink.
-Chemicals added to clear toilet block, sink drain- are noxious.
-Severe allergy/asthma suffered by both, epi-pen unavailable.

This one really is a riddle... I was thinking they're just taking their time and respecting a colleague but this is taking too long to declare an accidental CO poisoning surely?...

There could I guess be evidence of possible tampering/faulty work and therefore they're trying to work out if that was intentional or not?

In terms of the situation. The original news on this said that he lived in the house after a relationship breakdown but then neighbours have said they all lived in the house together. Now we have the mother not returning home after the holiday. Sounds like the couple were splitting but it was relatively recent/the children hadn't been told yet. Holiday already booked. This could possibly be one of those horrible situations where someone feels like their losing their family so decide to take them with them in death.
I read that in the original article about they were recently separated - but it seems to have disappeared now, perhaps controlling the narrative by the police as both partners were employed?

Not likely, but possible circumstances that could lead to a father and child simultaneously dying..imo, speculation.

-Close proximity to each other when one is electrocuted, both die.
-Father has a massive heart attack and falls onto child, who is smothered by body or -hits head, leading to death.
-Both ingested poisoned food or drink.
-Chemicals added to clear toilet block, sink drain- are noxious.
-Severe allergy/asthma suffered by both, epi-pen unavailable.
There is also numerous causes of death by dad and just lack of a parent available caused the child’s passing. We don’t currently know the time lapse between returning home and the welfare check being requested.

Apologies if not allowed, but I am relatively local and have friends on Facebook who work for the police force and I noted that they changed their profile pictures to include the ‘thin blue line’ just after this incident was released to the press, but then all were hastily removed a day or so later.

IMO it seemed weird to do that.

Per the electoral register, it’s possible his wife was already living elsewhere.
The article absolutely wasn’t written like that, it suggested the current partners had recently decided to separate , but had still gone on holiday. I desperately wish I had posted and shared some of the article- but wasn’t following the thread at that point (and in all honesty I would have just shared a link, rather than posting some of the text, lesson learnt). The same article without this information has been shared upthread. I appreciate this may now well be deleted as I can’t provide a link anymore- I was merely agreeing with the previous poster that she also read the same article I did.

the one about autism? She commented on loads of people’s comments saying the father did it. I think she’s just a sad little troll. Why would she know what’s happened ?

So what are the actual possibilities here?

Murder/suicide - which seems unlikely to me but that’s purely based on the family statements

Intruder? Again unlikely and certainly not mentioned anywhere but as he’s a police officer may have some enemies.

CM - but why isn’t this made public as they would have the results by now.

Illness? Unlikely to me as BOTH of them died ….

Accident? Again most accidents would have been very obvious when discovered so not unexplained.

Also, as a police officer surely DL would’ve got help if HL was hurt or injured before him?

Thoughts fellow sleuths?

Great list. Based on what we know right now I'm leaning (sadly) toward murder/suicide. MOO. My reasoning is:
  • The father leaving holiday early and taking one child.
  • The police questioning neighbors about what happened the night before the bodies were found.
  • The welfare check request.
  • The police not saying this was an accident.
  • The wording of the family statement.
MOO but it feels like mental illness resulting in a very tragic murder /suicide.

I very much hope I'm wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back