AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think drugs may he involved in terms of the reason the times are all over the place. Someone may have lost track of time or don’t want to say what was happening at particular times.
bbm
Agreed, if even if someone lost track of time and there was a kidnapping or she wandered off ... I'm still surprised that 911 was called so soon.
No one would have expected anything, until she didn't show up for school and even then some people could have claimed Summer was home schooled.
Once the missing call came in the clock started ticking.
I'm curious if one of the boys called it in, and prompted a scurrying around ?
MOO.

I think a lot of us know some or most of what John Kelly says, but he puts it all together and applies it to the case. It really affected me that he said how dark this case is. I think he is preparing his listeners for some very bad news.

And, i didn't know that after five years of not using a person could start to mature and eventually get to where they should be.

ETA... Listeners, haha, i mean viewers although i just listen to YT a lot.
I guess it all depends on how one compehends what JK said. My conclusion in listening to his 1,2, & 3 prt analysis is that he draws no absolute conclusions, and he leaves room for a silver lining of 25% slim chance of a positive outcome. He presented great "what if scrnarios," the same we've heard. I do like the way he broke things down and said, check the nearest residence or closest neighboring sex offender, or persons spending time arround the family. He gave Don support by pointing out his genuine love for Summer Moon, a touching perspective. One of the reasons I believe that the church, is a source for finding a suspect or suspects is the freedom children have to roam the facility is a preditor's lucky draw. It seems that there are a lot of children in the congregation. There is also a lot of euphoria in the air amongst congregaants, so, a strange person could walk around as a fake seeker of God, truth, and peace and undetected, a wolf in sheep's clothng. Summer Moon stood out. She was like a little butterfly, or free bird, floating from space to space, uninhibited and unaffraid. Church is a perfect place to be set-up by a perp to think one is non-threatening, only to end up with a false sense of security, after the fact. It is easy to forget that, at church, one is still in the "world", were the undiagnosed "sick" go, not to be healed <modsnip>

I feel bad for CW. I wonder what her hindsight is or if she can recall it. Does she try to revisit places to see what she could have missed. Who was coveting her child? <modsnip>

With that said, justice for Summer Moon Utah Wells!

<modsnip>

Just thoughts....fellow sleuths

Last edited by a moderator:
You also want to wear nice clothes when you meet someone and want to make a good impression.
What an interesting observation.....
Hmmm. I need to think about this more, because you might just be on to something.
Amateur opinion and speculation

This would help explain the lack of emotion, lack of physical evidence, lack of urgency to find her.....and didn't DW do something similar in the past?

I haven't given much weight to the family trafficking theory, but I am definitely starting to change my mind.

In the case where CPS has taken children and not this case in particular, what happens if the children do not want to return to their family.

Does anyone know if this does happen?
Usually the child has to be a certain age (where I am it’s 13) for their wishes to be taken into account.

I work with a kid who’s 6, who loathes going to her rageaholic alcoholic fathers. She cries all day about it. He is verbally abusive and neglects her medical condition BUT unless he leaves a bruise or she lands in the hospital (a diabetic coma for a young kid will be deadly) he won’t lose custody. That’s here in Canada.
It is HARD to have kids taken away.

I don't feel like a particularly stubborn person, but I am still in the lane I was in when H started saying early on that she had been under water. And the fogginess about just who, exactly, saw Summer moving while dropping H off. And why there was such a sense of emergency (IMO) to plant succulents on a hot day, but no pics of Summer doing that. And why nothing has added up, re Don's statements. I might change my mind if it is ever confirmed how many hours he was at work that day. And a believable explanation of why he needed 4WD at least part off the day. And why he said that no one was at home that day. Until then....nothing has changed since the first week, for me. Just solidified. Leaving me with just the same few options as to what the final outcome was.

yes, right there with ya, nothing has changed my view....

I hate that this case turned into a popularity contest and Summer is still missing. I feel like several people talking about this case are simply using it as a way to gain popularity online and it upsets me tremendously. Not cool. WHERE IS SUMMER?!

I don't feel like a particularly stubborn person, but I am still in the lane I was in when H started saying early on that she had been under water. And the fogginess about just who, exactly, saw Summer moving while dropping H off. And why there was such a sense of emergency (IMO) to plant succulents on a hot day, but no pics of Summer doing that. And why nothing has added up, re Don's statements. I might change my mind if it is ever confirmed how many hours he was at work that day. And a believable explanation of why he needed 4WD at least part off the day. And why he said that no one was at home that day. Until then....nothing has changed since the first week, for me. Just solidified. Leaving me with just the same few options as to what the final outcome was.

Same. A believable explanation for a lot of things would be nice. I don't think we're going to get that, unfortunately.

I know I've mentioned JonBenet in previous threads, but I just cannot stop comparing and contrasting these two cases. Beyond the lifestyle differences, JR & PR lawyered up and were going to leave town, almost immediately. CW & DW have no legal representation (besides the CPS case), are staying put and, at least one of them, will talk to anyone about anything on a very public forum.

IF they were involved, I cannot imagine CW & DW being able to pull it off like the Ramseys did (whatever happened there...if I could learn one thing before I die, it's what happened in that house that evening).

Can they keep this up if they weren't being truthful and expect not to be caught?

This is all MOO. I want to believe they had nothing to do with Summer's disappearance so badly!!

Why do you think there was a “sense of emergency” with respect to the plants? I haven’t thought much about the plants and now I’m curious :)

Why do you think there was a “sense of emergency” with respect to the plants? I haven’t thought much about the plants and now I’m curious :)
Because people don't transplant in the heat of a summer day. Succulents can stay in their little containers for months. And wild flowers/roots taken from nature are extremely fragile. There would be no logical reason to transplant in the heat of the day.

If they really did garden, why was Summer still in her new kindergarten outfit? Dark pants that would collect and show dirt? IIRC that is the outfit she went missing in, but maybe without the hoody, just a pink shirt and those pants? (open to correction on the exact topper).

Last edited:
The truth behind child sex trafficking in Tenn. | How and where it happens | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

“In more rural areas, especially in East Tennessee, we see a lot of familial trafficking in disadvantaged areas, areas where there is a lot of drug addiction, poverty,” said Smith.

Familial? Yes, family-based.

That means the most common way for children to be trafficked in the state of Tennessee is not through abduction or kidnapping. For the overwhelming majority of cases, it starts in the home or with someone the child trusts.

“The movie-style abduction where the white van is gonna snatch you out of a T.J. Maxx parking lot, that is an extremely small percent of what we see. Does it happen? Yes. But that is not usually our main issue,” said Special Agent Lofquest.

TBI looked into about 100 cases of human trafficking in 2019 statewide and received over 700 tips to their hotline. For 2020 so far, they have already received nearly 600; meaning the trend of reporting is going up.

“Some of the red flags, you can have a person or a child that is unusually fearful, anxious or submissive in the setting they are in. Showing signs of physical abuse,” said Special Agent Lofquest. “Another one is that they are being obviously monitored or controlled or they are almost guarded by someone else, maybe an adult that is or is not a family member.”
No, no, no, no, please, no.

Usually the child has to be a certain age (where I am it’s 13) for their wishes to be taken into account.

I work with a kid who’s 6, who loathes going to her rageaholic alcoholic fathers. She cries all day about it. He is verbally abusive and neglects her medical condition BUT unless he leaves a bruise or she lands in the hospital (a diabetic coma for a young kid will be deadly) he won’t lose custody. That’s here in Canada.
It is HARD to have kids taken away.
I agree. It’s hard to have children removed from their biological parents or legal guardians. I rewatched the CM video with H/A yesterday and I was reminded that L/A both said that CPS had been involved on multiple occasions. L made a point of saying that people in the community do care about those children and have called CPS multiple times. So my takeaway from that is there are things we don’t know beyond just the one DV report that led to CPS taking that action.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

If you're talking about the thing with John Kelly, he mostly spoke in general terms about how substance abuse often leads to child abuse. The only thing he really said about this case is that it seemed "dark" and "evil", whatever that means. How can you sense "darkness" in a picture? He also thinks her disappearance had SOMETHING to do with drugs... whether she was abducted by a druggie, had an accident because she wasn't being watched because of drugs, etc. He also thought it was concerning that CB has given up her kids in the past.

I didn't think the video was particularly informative or helpful. I prefer facts to generic feelings of "darkness".

BBM - Did she? I haven't seen that before.

When I watched the John Kelly video (only through 2 of the 4) what stood out to me was that he said there are allegations of communications of a sexual nature between H and CW. I honestly don’t know what to make of that. It was a new piece of the dynamic of the day Summer went missing for me but I don’t know if it fits or how much faith to put on that since it sounded like he said some of that came from SM.

I particularly liked the last one. The car photo of Summer with the milk has always concerned me, something about it just didn’t sit well. I just had a “lightbulb” moment after watching him talk about it. Aside from the clothes being worn on such a hot day they were her special first day of school clothes. I’m not able to say this delicately but just thinking when a loved one passes you want send them to rest in their best clothes.

I went through my kids pictures, the pictures of them sleeping they look asleep. IMHO the milk picture looks off. Is there a time stamp on the picture?

Because people don't transplant in the heat of a summer day. Succulents can stay in their little containers for months. And wild flowers/roots taken from nature are extremely fragile. There would be no logical reason to transplant in the heat of the day.

If they really did garden, why was Summer still in her new kindergarten outfit? Dark pants that would collect and show dirt? IIRC that is the outfit she went missing in, but maybe without the hoody, just a pink shirt and those pants? (open to correction on the exact topper).

I’ll trust you on what is logical for succulents as I’ve destroyed plenty. What if they were just bad/inexperienced gardeners? If you’re suggesting they didn’t actually plant anything, why would they say they did? It just seems like an odd thing to lie about IMO. (I’m putting aside the outfit for a moment, because that does seem odd.). I don’t know. Is it as simple as “gardening” sounds like a wholesome activity?

I went through my kids pictures, the pictures of them sleeping they look asleep. IMHO the milk picture looks off. Is there a time stamp on the picture?

Any child snoozing on top of wet, cold, hard “pillows” is going to look off IMO :). Her position and coloring and hands all look normal to me but I know there were many, many comments here about her fingernails (coloring, possible dirt).

I’ll trust you on what is logical for succulents as I’ve destroyed plenty. What if they were just bad/inexperienced gardeners? If you’re suggesting they didn’t actually plant anything, why would they say they did? It just seems like an odd thing to lie about IMO. (I’m putting aside the outfit for a moment, because that does seem odd.). I don’t know. Is it as simple as “gardening” sounds like a wholesome activity?
What else did they do between 3:15 and 6:3o?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member