Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
EDIT

It seems this body found is not that of JLW, according to a UTV reporter

Sara O’Kane (@sara_utv) tweeted at 11:08 pm on Tue, Aug 17, 2021:
Just to be clear never once did #UTV say the body discovered in a van in Co Fermanagh was that of a missing Jamie-Lee Wilson. Tragically the body in the van is another family mourning a loved one. Please be careful what you tweet! #bothareinmythoughts
(https://twitter.com/sara_utv/status/1427754325376389129?s=03)

An investigation has been launched following the discovery of a body in Co Fermanagh.

The body was found in a van on the Samsonagh Road in Boho early on Tuesday morning.

It comes as police confirmed they have stood down the search for missing 24-year-old Jamie-Lee Wilson.

“Police are no longer searching for missing person, Jamie-Lee Wilson. Thank you for your help and assistance” a PSNI statement said.

Ms Wilson was last seen in the Turf Lodge area on August 10 and was heading towards the Springfield Road.

A police spokesperson said officers are working to establish the circumstances of the incident on the Samsonagh Road.

“A post-mortem examination will take place in due course to determine the cause of death,” they said.

“The Samsonagh Road remains closed at this time while the police investigations continue.”

Body found in van in Co Fermanagh

Last edited:
That doesn't sound good if it took the police so long to identify her. My thoughts are with her friends and family.

The body in the van in Fermanagh is nothing to do with this case. It's of a man in his 60s.

Police in Co Fermanagh probing discovery of man’s body found in van

Jamie-Lee's body has also been found though.

Body found in search for Belfast woman Jamie-Lee Wilson as police conclude operation

Belfast and the part of Fermanagh where the man's body was found are about 80 miles away from each other.

Thanks. I know where they are but I thought the 2 reports were connected. I didn't see that the body in Fermanagh was male.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jermac0723
Back