AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
DW may have done this in the past when he was in jail, but he hasn't been in jail for a long time now, so that doesn't apply here.

There is no reason to question the depth of his faith.
Could a reason be that he has shown to make contradictory statements so people may be unsure which part of his word should be taken as sincere? Or possibly people wonder about the call he made to CM which didn’t seem to adhere to what the Bible says? Just playing devil’s advocate, IMO.

H has said the original plan was to go to a waterpark that day. What was the plan with CH for that day, were they going to take her home? If she'd just been to the ER for a knee issue, how was she going to walk all over an amusement park? Has that ever been addressed?

I haven't heard DW mention in any of his interviews what kind of updates they are getting when he or CBW contact LE, either.
There was an interview on the Voices Behind the Wall channel last night that DW was on. He said he hasn’t heard any updates from LE and that in his view the investigation was going nowhere.

Don Wells said, Summer Moon, his 5 yr old daughter, slept in the same bed as he and his wife.

Their biological child. There is no law against children sleeping with parents.

They were sleeping, rem to nrem. There is no reason to assume otherwise.

It is his child, his house and his private property. He is an exconvict, who did his time. Can't

put him or CW on trial in the media for letting the daughter sleep in their bed.

There are no facts to state everyone did anything other than go to bed, slept all

night, then woke the following morning, and went about their day,

Isn't that the end of the story?

Don Wells was never been arrested for any kind of sexual assaults on any of his relatives

<modsnip>

Does anyone on the website know the Wells?

LE has only stated that a little girl is missing and they are looking for her.

LE never said anything about the parents wrongfully sleeping with their children.

If Don Wells has a good attorney, someone will probably be sued for slander.

Notice also, CPS has not officially confirmed or denied custody of the children in the past

or the present. All of the info about CPS came from people who do not live with the Wells.

Most importantly, and the only fact is that Summer Moon Utah Wells is not home.

There are absolutely no clues from LE that lead to her present location.

Allie never mentioned the sleeping arrangements while she stayed at the Wells home.

Now that is an interesting thought.

<modsnip> Don, in his own words, admitted he SA a sibling when the sister was just five. FIVE. Just because he hasn't been arrested (yet) for it doesn't mean it didnt happen. Again, DW ADMITTED he did it.

So yes. There is some reason to assume that something else MIGHT have happened. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed- the fact that the interviews were on a niche YT channel and not mainstream TV also helps. People in the local area may be following on TV or in the local news but not through crime YT channels. The defense could certainly try to argue it though.
I've seen enough to believe that he not only could get a fair trial,but he could get a slight tap on the wrist if even that. MOO

Don Wells said, Summer Moon, his 5 yr old daughter, slept in the same bed as he and his wife.

Their biological child. There is no law against children sleeping with parents.

They were sleeping, rem to nrem. There is no reason to assume otherwise.

It is his child, his house and his private property. He is an exconvict, who did his time. Can't

put him or CW on trial in the media for letting the daughter sleep in their bed.

There are no facts to state everyone did anything other than go to bed, slept all

night, then woke the following morning, and went about their day,

Isn't that the end of the story?

Don Wells was never been arrested for any kind of sexual assaults on any of his relatives

<modsnip>

Does anyone on the website know the Wells?

LE has only stated that a little girl is missing and they are looking for her.

LE never said anything about the parents wrongfully sleeping with their children.

If Don Wells has a good attorney, someone will probably be sued for slander.

Notice also, CPS has not officially confirmed or denied custody of the children in the past

or the present. All of the info about CPS came from people who do not live with the Wells.

Most importantly, and the only fact is that Summer Moon Utah Wells is not home.

There are absolutely no clues from LE that lead to her present location.

Allie never mentioned the sleeping arrangements while she stayed at the Wells home.

Now that is an interesting thought.

Respectfully regarding the bolded by me... Don is the one talking, we are just discussing what he said, so who is he going to sue? He himself said CPS took the children, and he lives there. And he himself discussed his "relationship" with a 5 year old step-relative. I have no problem with co-sleeping - families do it all the time.

<modsnip> Don, in his own words, admitted he SA a sibling when they were five. FIVE. Just because he hasn't been arrested (yet) for it doesn't mean it didnt happen. Again, DW ADMITTED he did it.

So yes. There is some reason to assume that something lessees MIGHT have happened. <modsnip>
Just to add, I have no idea what did or did not happen in their house. BUT the children are young, how are we expecting them to self-identify and report an adult’s behavior if they don’t like it?

There was an interview on the Voices Behind the Wall channel last night that DW was on. He said he hasn’t heard any updates from LE and that in his view the investigation was going nowhere.

I don’t doubt that it is difficult for LE to make progress since the key players can’t come up with consistent stories about what happened that day.

jmo

I think they could easily find a jury pool (even in TN) who has never heard of this case, or the main players. It always amazes, and saddens me, how few people know about these missing child cases. All this being said, your points are very well taken.

Amateur opinion and speculation
I agree. Even on the TBI SM posts, several comments come from locals who don't know Summer's name, just know there is a missing 5 year old from Rogersville. IMO there will be no trouble seating a jury if/when it's time.

Respectfully regarding the bolded by me... Don is the one talking, we are just discussing what he said, so who is he going to sue? He himself said CPS took the children, and he lives there. And he himself discussed his "relationship" with a 5 year old step-relative. I have no problem with co-sleeping - families do it all the time.

Correct. It was also reported in MSM.

...HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL) – The parents of missing 5-year-old Summer Wells appeared in juvenile court in Hawkins County for a hearing on Tuesday afternoon.

News Channel 11 spoke with Donald Wells and Candus Bly outside the courthouse shortly after 1 p.m.

Bly said off-camera that her sons had been in the custody of the Department of Child Protective Services since late last week. Over the weekend, Wells had said the same while he was on a podcast...

Parents of Summer Wells attend juvenile court, confirm sons are in custody of child services | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

H has said the original plan was to go to a waterpark that day. What was the plan with CH for that day, were they going to take her home? If she'd just been to the ER for a knee issue, how was she going to walk all over an amusement park? Has that ever been addressed?
I thought A also said the original plan was to go fishing and then instead they just went swimming? The more I think about timeline, the more my head hurts.

I don't think it's a good idea for anyone other than LE to interview principle people involved in any case.
The main reason LE do not release any information to the public is to protect the integrity of the investigation. They usually go to great lengths to avoid tainting a future jury pool. There also may be details that only they and the suspect know that they don't want made public.

With all the details, speculation and rumors that have been discussed, I don't see how a trial could ever be held in Hawkins County if the parents were to be charged.

The first priority should be getting justice for Summer. It just makes it more difficult to do that if the accused can't get a fair trial.

IMO

DW has not been named a suspect so if he wishes to be interviewed, isn't that his decision to make?

DW has not been named a suspect so if he wishes to be interviewed, isn't that his decision to make?

Even suspects can give interviews. People in jail can give interviews. Unless there's a gag order in a trial, everyone can give interviews. Naturally, some employers (LE especially) ban employees from giving interviews as a condition of employment, but even LE can give interviews about other things.

IMO, DW is not helping himself with his interviews.

I had thought of that before. The whole morning is a little mixed up to me.
Were they going swimming, to the water park or fishing.

Why contact H of all days?

Also, if I only had to wait 20 minutes for a Rx I don't think I would say "hey, let's go swimming". But I know everyone is different.

Sorry, but if DW admitted publicly that he, DW, did something, how is that hearsay?
The circumstances, the deatails that come from an investigation are missing. <modsnip> Today, if an investigation finds it happened then any child experiencing it today or within a statute of limitation should act on it legally. Otherwise, get to finding Summer Moon from a different vantage point. She is not lost in the past, she is a person very young who needs to be located, now, in the present.

The I am only talking about definitions, not morality or right and wrong. I believe in investigations, not hearsay and he said she said. Roumers and family gossip shouldn't convict someone, however, it should be reason to get legal answers. An investigation gives weight and proof to the truth of any matter. If he admits to anything, truthful details are still necessary, for literala record.

In Summer Moon's case, H is a minor. The Wells case with a step-sister and brother , two minors at the time. To bad there was no help then by legal means. His record would not be allowed in public domain today. His record would have been sealed.

Agreed- the fact that the interviews were on a niche YT channel and not mainstream TV also helps. People in the local area may be following on TV or in the local news but not through crime YT channels. The defense could certainly try to argue it though.

You could poll the people at my husband's place of employment right now, and I guarantee you, the only thing they would be able to tell you is that there's a little girl missing in Hawkins County. Apart from my husband, who helped me hang flyers, I don't even think they would even be able to tell you her name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288