GUILTY IN - Mercedes Lain, 11 mos, extreme danger Plymouth, 12 Aug 2021 *3 Arrests, includes parents*

I’m more floored by the matter-of-fact way this article describes the “parents” literally pimping out their 12-year old daughter to a 20-year old man in exchange for drugs. How large a red flag does CPS need before they identify a family whose circumstances warrant extra scrutiny/supervision?!
They wait to act until a headstone is needed. Ughhhhhhhhhh. MOO

Cowards they are. These meth heads would lie, steal, manipulate and erase their baby… Just to get more meth and avoid withdrawal symptoms from a meth crash. imo
CPS are worse cowards,they had the power to get ML out,but they closed the case several times. I'm so spitting angry. She clearly had family that would willing take her in. How dare CPS. I'm so spitting angry. Who was in charge of these decisions???????? Who is responsible for closing the case several times??????? I don't want some BS speech about blah blah blah,and we can't give any info involving minor children,and we'll do better,and we don't get enough $$$$$$$ blah blah blah. MOO

CPS are worse cowards,they had the power to get ML out,but they closed the case several times. I'm so spitting angry. She clearly had family that would willing take her in. How dare CPS. I'm so spitting angry. Who was in charge of these decisions???????? Who is responsible for closing the case several times??????? I don't want some BS speech about blah blah blah,and we can't give any info involving minor children,and we'll do better,and we don't get enough $$$$$$$ blah blah blah. MOO
Same
How many times do we have to read this?

More on Kenny Lain's past:

Back in December of 2014, the Knox Police Department began investigating Kenny Lain and his then-wife, Mary Lain, for neglect of a dependent after their daughter, who was a minor at the time and who we are not going to name, got pregnant.

The man who got the minor pregnant is named Angel Delapaz, who was 20-years-old when the minor was just 12.

According to the documents, in June 2015, Delapaz was arrested for child molestation and later sentenced to eight years in the Indiana Department of Corrections.

Meanwhile, Kenny Lain told investigators from a Starke County Jail cell, for an unrelated charge, while he knew his daughter was pregnant, he didn’t know Delapaz, said he’d never heard the name, and even said his daughter was never involved with any adults.

But the minor, Kenny’s daughter, told investigators her parents knew of her relationship with Delapaz, a relationship that she told investigators began around October of 2014. The minor also told police Delapaz would frequent the residence prior to the start of the minor’s relationship with him.

According to a police report, in November 2014, Kenny and Mary Lain allowed Delapaz to move in with them, and even allowed Delapaz to sleep in the minor’s room.

Fast forward to September 2015, after months of interviews and investigating, court documents show Mary Lain admitted to Knox Police that Kenny Lain told her in that exchange for marijuana from Delapaz, Kenny allowed the minor to go with Delapaz.

Mary wasn’t the only one to confirm that, so did another man named Cody Byrn, who was Mary Lain’s then-boyfriend and lived in the same house as the family.

Court documents show Kenny Lain was sentenced to two years in the Starke County Justice Center in April 2016, while Mary Lain served 105 days in jail and got 24-months’ probation.

Court documents shed light on Mercedes Lain's father, Kenny Lain's, troubled past

i looked into this as well.., it appears both of their probations were revoked at some time in 2019/2020.

Miller said on Thursday, Kenneth contacted him about buying synthetic marijuana. During the conversation, Kenneth discussed the difficulty they were having with Mercedes, so Miller offered to take her for a few days, according to the probable cause affidavit.

"DIFFICULTY" THEY WERE HAVING WITH MERCEDES? Just gets worse and worse

Court records say parents uncooperative in search for Mercedes Lain

That's about the closest to the "truth" they're going to get. They traded this baby for Spice just like he pimped his 12 year old daughter out for weed. The baby was on loan.

Lain reported the baby missing because she's a commodity.

No way can I even begin to think about what Miller did with Mercedes. She may still be alive, but in a horrific situation.

Who took that photo of Mercedes that's on Miller's new FB and why?

Cowards they are. These meth heads would lie, steal, manipulate and erase their baby… Just to get more meth and avoid withdrawal symptoms from a meth crash. imo

Now that they'll be languishing in jail for a while, they'll get to experience those withdrawal symptoms. After a long and very uncomfortable period of time, when their fog has lifted, maybe -- just maybe -- whatever love they had for their child and the guilt of their involvement in whatever happened will result in some honesty. Not that addicts are known for their ability to self reflect and come clean.

<rsbm>

Who took that photo of Mercedes that's on Miller's new FB and why?

Yes and the timing.. She was reportedly last seen in the early morning hours of Sat the 14th iirc and that photo was posted around 7:30 am that same day. Why create a new page, why at that time?

None of these people should have ever been within miles of any children.

Actually, DCS was involved and regularly called for Mercedes, according to family. They checked in ~3 weeks ago and determined nothing was wrong, according to family.

While I understand that it is not uncommon for people who are going through hard times ,especially during the last year + , to live in motels, this family has been living there for a year, and almost everything I have read (reviews, comments on SM) have said this place was a dump and lots of drugs (now I guess we know why they were staying there). Maybe they presented a very clean room and cleaned the baby that day (though I don't think that was the norm for either) but seems unsafe to be living in such close quarters with drug users, transient folks in and out of hotel ..and not to mention were these parents being drug tested?

While I understand that it is not uncommon for people who are going through hard times ,especially during the last year + , to live in motels, this family has been living there for a year, and almost everything I have read (reviews, comments on SM) have said this place was a dump and lots of drugs (now I guess we know why they were staying there). Maybe they presented a very clean room and cleaned the baby that day (though I don't think that was the norm for either) but seems unsafe to be living in such close quarters with drug users, transient folks in and out of hotel ..and not to mention were these parents being drug tested?

In some pictures of Mercedes, you can see more of the living environment. Something that stood out to me was the knives (?) on the wall. In regards to the drugs, not sure if they were being tested, but KL was on an "unknown substance" when he was found and taken into custody.

282579-5105c39b25b22276c277051abd9bf574.jpg
282580-d2969eead875e1fa83b09548fef7f280.jpg

Attachments

• mercedes wall 2.jpg
    mercedes wall 2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 116
  • mercedes wall.jpg
    mercedes wall.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 96
In some pictures of Mercedes, you can see more of the living environment. Something that stood out to me was the knives (?) on the wall. In regards to the drugs, not sure if they were being tested, but KL was on an "unknown substance" when he was found and taken into custody.

282579-5105c39b25b22276c277051abd9bf574.jpg
282580-d2969eead875e1fa83b09548fef7f280.jpg
God is she precious or what?!? Just such a cutie! Heartbreaking
I always have a terrible feeling whenever it comes to sudden PCs announced at night.. feels as though we know where this is going :(

I can’t help but (think that I) notice that the front collar of her adorable onesie is darkening due to not getting washed.. just an observation I can’t seem to unsee.

my heart breaks for this baby who never had a safety net :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back