Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #74 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Law enforcement almost certainly knows this answer, as that activity would come back to a specific IP address, and ultimately a device.

I’m convinced it was Barry, and he was using a device that Suzanne never used.

I also think it was actually Saturday.

A note on IP addresses and WiFi/cellular services. The identification of a specific IP address on a network is not as simple as it seems.

When using an iPhone on your home WiFi, your IP address is assigned by the router sitting in your house that connects it to the internet. The IP addresses that are handed out by your router and assigned to your iPhone are NOT publicly identifiable. These IP addresses start with 192.168.1.x or if using NATting, 10.x.x.x. What is identifiable is the IP address of your home WiFi ROUTER (not individual iPhone). This only proves that someone in your home (or someone parked outside using your unprotected WiFi) accessed a webpage from your home network. It makes it very difficult for LE to conclusively prove that this PERSON using this device went to this website using this username and password at this exact date and time. It can sometimes be corroborated by other data for example, proof this person was the only one home at the time this website was accessed by using a ring doorbell video, etc. Your internet service provider can actually change the IP of the router if they wanted to as well. It’s not very common but it does happen, especially during maintenance on their end.

When using cellular functions from your iPhone, it will have an IP address assigned to it. It actually has two, one IPv4 and one IPv6. This is so the phone can connect to the cellular network/towers. This IP address can also change and is assigned by the cellular provider.

A note on IP addresses and WiFi/cellular services. The identification of a specific IP address on a network is not as simple as it seems.

When using an iPhone on your home WiFi, your IP address is assigned by the router sitting in your house that connects it to the internet. The IP addresses that are handed out by your router and assigned to your iPhone are NOT publicly identifiable. These IP addresses start with 192.168.1.x or if using NATting, 10.x.x.x. What is identifiable is the IP address of your home WiFi ROUTER (not individual iPhone). This only proves that someone in your home (or someone parked outside using your unprotected WiFi) accessed a webpage from your home network. It makes it very difficult for LE to conclusively prove that this PERSON using this device went to this website using this username and password at this exact date and time. It can sometimes be corroborated by other data for example, proof this person was the only one home at the time this website was accessed by using a ring doorbell video, etc. Your internet service provider can actually change the IP of the router if they wanted to as well. It’s not very common but it does happen, especially during maintenance on their end.

When using cellular functions from your iPhone, it will have an IP address assigned to it. It actually has two, one IPv4 and one IPv6. This is so the phone can connect to the cellular network/towers. This IP address can also change and is assigned by the cellular provider.
Now let’s say that Barry signed into Suzanne’s Facebook using a new device though, I always get an alert when I do that for the first time (same with Google and Twitter).

So that would not change, right?

It all makes sense.
I can imagine the minute BM told LE that he left Suzanne sleeping at 5am, his mind was having an oh shoot moment, thinking about that 4am call to MG.

I would like to know exactly what he told TN and GD was the reason that he didn't want MG turning over her phone. Surely they must realize by now that they were being lied to and used to try and cover up murder. Imo

I recall AM quizzing BM about any enemies, disgruntled employees, etc. and BM stated that CL (another alleged meth head) had threatened BM after he was terminated (blamed for the bad wall at Broomfield).

BM is a good manipulator and GD & TN would not be exempt. IMO, when talking to them he could have simply implied how he didn't want MG's alleged illegal habits to taint him and/or the investigation.

Also, when GD and TN were first trying to track MG down, didn't they want to ask if she was having an affair with BM?

I'm confused about TN and GD (and Barry) being worried that MG's paycheck could be seen as "hush money". If Barry did indeed recieve a PPP loan to be used to pay his 9 employees, he'd have to have kept VERY detailed records of hours worked and the wage that was paid. As well as the dates the employee was paid. Shouldn't have been a problem. MOO.

Pretty straight arrow for a "meth-head." Hope she got a good job where ever she went.

Because everyone needs to hire (allegedly) meth heads for construction sites. What could possibly go wrong there?

He tried to use them initially as alibis and then labeled them as meth heads to cast aspersions and draw focus away from him.

Are the darts sold and kept separately from syringes containing the liquid tranquilizer? Would the needle also be packaged separately and placed on the dart manually?

I am trying to visualize how quickly a tranq dart would be assembled and used.

(Apologies if this has been covered already.)

From what I can tell, it is not a quick process, if the drugs have to be mixed.

If a pre-mixed amount of "tranq material" was purchased, then it's pretty simple (like filling a syringe - I'm sure you've watched a nurse do this in person or on TV). This material is legal to purchase for a licensed deer farm owner in Indiana, as I understand it.

If there were 4 empty darts and only 1 was filled and used, then that's serious evidence of premeditation.

If he had a whole box of already filled darts on hand, then one can bend the evidence to say he had them in his truck and simply grabbed what was to hand when he saw Suzanne texting sexy pictures to her beau.

Needles are not placed manually, they are part of the dart (which is simply a hypodermic needle/syringe in dart form).

Ok, clarification on my end HoosierFan says DW said friend requests were that weekend. So, I misstated, he doesn’t say Saturday. We should find out M or T of this next week. Moo

I believe the source for the Saturday night FB friend requests was AM-- when he appeared on Dr. Phil show:

But in a clip of a scheduled appearance on “Dr. Phil,” Moorman tells the talk show host that he is confident investigators are building a case against Barry Morphew — though authorities have not named a person of interest or suspect in the disappearance.

In the interview, Moorman revealed for the first time that he believes Suzanne was killed sometime on the Saturday night before she was reported missing.

“She was seen in town with Barry getting a sandwich at 4 p.m.,” Moorman said. “At midnight, somebody friended all of the guys my age on her Facebook at midnight.”

Moorman told Dr. Phil that he believes Suzanne was killed sometime after 4 p.m. and then someone involved manipulated her Facebook account — but it’s not clear who or why.

Suzanne Morphew’s brother shares new details about her last known sighting and strange activity on his sister’s Facebook page hours before she was reported missing
10/2/2020

No, they didn't. Wonder if they show Monday or Tuesday of next week.

When the news about the tranquilizer cap came out at the PH, I dreamt that BM heard that and thought, “Oh *advertiser censored*, they know about the tranquilizer!”

Crossing my fingers that this little tranq dart cap can somehow deliver justice for Suzanne.

Why would these two men even have MG's paycheck to give to her? Wouldn't MG get her check from Barry? Why would they have it?
Helping him out. The chat heads were going crazy over speculation about MG so they wanted to tell her she would get paid and that she had rights. I did not see anything suspect. Clearly it told us Barry tended to pay labor in cash. That is not uncommon as one might think. It is an expense on Barry’s records and Barry or Suzanne now that we know she helped with the books probably issued 1099s. Not every thing in this case has double meaning.

Helping him out. The chat heads were going crazy over speculation about MG so they wanted to tell her she would get paid and that she had rights. I did not see anything suspect. Clearly it told us Barry tended to pay labor in cash. That is not uncommon as one might think. It is an expense on Barry’s records and Barry or Suzanne now that we know she helped with the books probably issued 1099s. Not every thing in this case has double meaning.
Totally agree!!

Non-tekkie question.....if BM had a burner phone that he used to call MG with...wouldn't that number be identifiable and traceable for the purposes of recovering its history of use? There have been comments about Barry possibly using a burner phone...but if he used it to communicate with others....i would think it would be traceable if identifiable.

Nope, that is the appeal of these type of phones.

But the PPP loan would not allow him to pay in cash. Not even. We had a $20,000.00 PPP loan to pay employees so this is not even MOO, I actually know this.

Did I read somewhere that Barry thought she could have been having an emotional affair? I don’t think he had any idea at the time she was also having a physical affair. I like to think he found that out after the fact……

Yes, prior to investigators telling BM about SM's alleged affair with JL (January 2021), I believe BM told investigators he thought SM might be having an emotional affair but not a physical one. I don't think BM's ego would allow him to state otherwise -- especially to authorities! More important --BM knew that admitting knowledge of an affair would put them on a fast track for a motive for BM to disappear his wife.

In re-reading the tweets from the courtroom, it made me understand that everyone’s interpretation of information can be slightly different. All heard the same testimony, and saw the same exhibits. But there are differences in what was posted. I don’t know what can be stated as fact. My mind is spinning-heck I had even put the 2nd two dates of the prelim into my calendar incorrectly. I will continue to look at the inconsistencies, assume nothing, and look forward to Monday. Two more sleeps.
That is bound to happen when people form strong opinions. People look for things that support their opinion and that phenomenon is called confirmation bias. It is easy to understand when you think about the difference between a preliminary and a trial and what kind of information can be brought forth in each phase.

Nope, that is the appeal of these type of phones.
MOO pay as you go phones have phone numbers, phone numbers are connected to the point of sale, and the information used to open the account and pay for the minutes.
Lying may get you an account, but the point of sale will be known.
If the phone is used to call anyone, the relevant tower will have the number.

Last edited:
Because everyone needs to hire (allegedly) meth heads for construction sites. What could possibly go wrong there?

He tried to use them initially as alibis and then labeled them as meth heads to cast aspersions and draw focus away from him.
Well who’s going to believe a meth head over an upstanding, hardworking, church going, pillar of the community? Or so he thought…..

But the PPP loan would not allow him to pay in cash. Not even. We had a $20,000.00 PPP loan to pay employees so this is not even MOO, I actually know this.
Who said he paid them with loan money? Some of the fed loans can be used for expenses including labor that is treated as an expense but it cannot be said with certainty they were paid from loan money nor do we know if MG was ultimately paid in cash or by check. I will be surprised if the loan even comes up by the prosecution now that Suzanne herself revealed that she helps with the books.

That is bound to happen when people form strong opinions. People look for things that support their opinion and that phenomenon is called confirmation bias. It is easy to understand when you think about the difference between a preliminary and a trial and what kind of information can be brought forth in each phase.
BBM: Boy, Do you have that right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members