Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #75 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious as to if she had an Apple Watch that tracked not only her movements, but her heart rate. This would have served Barry well in tracking her (mine is quite accurate), but could also be his death nell if perhaps it recorded her final heart beats. I feel like we're all sitting here with bated breath waiting for a bomb to drop, and maybe it will in the form of literal records of her final moments.

Needle sheath (tranquilizer gun): Barry says: See, I think this makes me look bad. No wonder people in Chaffee county hate me. This makes me look so bad.
(This triggers a few groans and eye rolls from the public)

https://twitter.com/crimetalkpod/status/1429831790777167873?s=21

Me ME, ME, ME........

I find it telling that barry spends every waking second looking for animals to kill, tranquilize and disfigure. Hell, at 5 in the morning he is following Elk trying to get some horns....yet God forbid he go with Suzanne to a chemo appointment!

They need to speed this up or the prosecution isn't going to be able to get in what they need. If this goes to trial it's going to be ridiculously long I'm afraid.

I don't understand the meaning of this?

Lauren Scharf @LaurenScharfTV
·
5m

12:02 a.m. and 12:17 a.m. incoming/outgoing calls the morning of May 10, 2020
on #SuzanneMorphew phone. Agent Grusing said according to Verizon there were no calls or text messages during this time. The LAST REGISTERED CALL from Suzanne phone was on May 9 in the afternoon.
BBM. The same reporter tweeted on Aug 11 that those two calls were made on May 9 (the time of the second call doesn't match, so there might be another error):

Now Neilsen is going over phone data of #SuzanneMorphew and #BarryMorphew. According to the CAST REPORT, an incoming call at 12:02 a.m. and an outgoing 2:17 a.m. on May 9.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1425218647405088784

https://twitter.com/stephaniebutzer

Regarding the trash runs, DA Lindsey confirms the "cap" found in the dryer was a needle sheath. When asked about the dart, Barry said he shoots deer from his garage/breezeway. He said he last used it April 2020.

Between May 5 and 9, messages were deleted off Barry's phone. Some were not recovered, but the "I'm done" text was retrieved. Grusing confirms that it is possible Barry was tracking Suzanne. There was an objection to this in court, but judge overruled.

Regarding the needle sheath in the dryer, Barry told Grusing: "It could have been in the wash but it's got nothing to do with me... But see, I hate that because you know that makes me look bad. But if it's leaking from Chaffee Co., it's no wonder ppl in this town hate me."

Grusing is done on the stand for now. Next up is CBI Agent Derek Graham.

Prosecution brings up photo of Suzanne's helmet. As discussed in earlier testimonies, Graham says the helmet had some minor scratches. Helmet was found westbound on Highway 50 half a mile west of County Road 225 on south side of hwy. This is btwn Morphew home and Garfield.

In photos of Suzanne's vehicle in the garage, there is a Camelback water bladder, similar to the ones Suzanne would use when she'd go biking. Photos also show her her purse with her ID inside.

Now looking at photos of the house. Photos of Mallory's bedroom (Morphew daughter) show the bedding was removed. Sheets were in the dryer. Comforter was halfway off the bed.

The spy pen was found in the master bedroom in a box of bras. Exhibit 67 is a photo of the pen.

Now talking about #SuzanneMorphew 2015 Range Rover found in the garage and what was found inside the car. Empty hot tub bottles were found on the floorboard, camel back on the seat, and purse inside her car.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1429833739723489285?s=21

RBBM

WHAT???

Her purse??

We knew about the camelback and sunglasses, but her purse?

Speaking for myself, I don't go anywhere without some type of purse, be it a wallet, billfold or whatever.

JMVHO.

Anyone know what a hot tub bottle is?
Purse in the car-was she trying to run?
Chlorine bottles I'd bet
514iP6E9s-L._AC_UY218_.jpg

me neither

I wonder if they mean "completed" calls or texts. I've been wondering since the last prelim if the 12:07am call was JL calling SM's phone to see what happened to her after their last communication ended when BM got to PP? And was the mystery outgoing call a bit later from SM's phone actually BM hitting redial?

https://twitter.com/JenniferCHicks

Now on the stand is CBI Agent Derek Graham, who's been with CBI for about 2 years and has worked on the Morphew case.

The prosecution is questioning Graham about Suzanne's bike helmet, that there were a few minor scratches to the helmet, and talking about where it was found.

Graham is testifying about objects in the Morphews' house. Suzanne's "spy pen" was found in bedroom closet filled with her clothes. Recordings on the pen included those of Barry Morphew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks