Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #75 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't helmet found within 10 m of highway? So, within an arm's toss from a vehicle traveling on or parked on highway?

So, lack of match of tire casings near the helmet doesn't matter. It's enough to have the helmet turn up not far from Puma Path and where the bike was planted in the direction BM's truck turned early that morning (at variance with his supposedly intended destination and shortly before he makes multiple trash drops).
with the precautions Barry took that we know of.....it would have been quite careless of him to pull off of the asphalt pavement at 3:30am just to dispose of the helmet. he surely is wise to any tire tracks being analyzed...especially in close proximity to a planted helmet. I would think that Barry specifically chose a spot with visible tire tracks to dispose of the helmet. He wanted the helmet found.

https://twitter.com/stephaniebutzer

Now onto the cross-examination with defense attorney Iris Eytan. Eytan starts with the tire track casings collected below Highway 50, around where Suzanne's helmet was found. Graham confirms tire casings were compared to Barry's truck and 2 Range Rovers. It was not a match.

Also compared DNA on Suzanne's helmet to Barry's DNA. This was also not a match, Graham confirmed.
Now I know he was wearing gloves...

I am a little concerned because trials aren't like a movie. You don't withhold your best evidence for shock value at the end. If you have something really strong, you open with it to get the Judge over the line before anyone has a chance to dispute it.

I really don't think the state has anything more than he must have done it because he was with her and he engaged in bizarre cover-up behavior (trash runs). That could be enough but it's not a very strong case and may explain why it took a year to press the charges.

But aren't they proceeding chronologically?

SALIDA STOVE & SPA: Agent Graham said the owners had told him #BarryMorphew had been in the store acquiring to get his hot tub fixed on May 9 from 4-5:30 p.m. The investigator said the owner had told them that Morphew didn't buy anything either.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1429838913322070022?s=21
another b.s I was seen at ....nobody drives to talk face to face with a owner.. and who gets prices on a repair ..it is under 100 per hr for the frikin millionair ....the phone is the smart way...add covid ..why go face to face .....don't buy anything? no brainer ---alibi

So the cap was found with the sheets from Mallory's bed in the dryer!

Interesting about the dryer. In operation "disposal" and clean up, there wasn't enough time to let the dryer finish its run would be my guess.
Remember he said it was common for Suzanne to get the beds ready when guests were coming over and the girls were coming home Sunday so I think he believed the police would see the sheets and think she was prepping for company and nothing uusual, but he wasn't counting on the evidence he accidently left in there to be there.

This seems very illegal.

Investigator clarifies, in dryer, it was a needle sheath for a tranq dart gun- not a "dart cap". He says #BarryMorphew said he shoots deer w/ the tranq gun so he can gets their horns. Says he shot 2 deer, just for horns, in 4/2020. They wake up w/ no horns and run off. @CBSDenver

https://twitter.com/jamiealeary/status/1429829074340388866?s=21

Ahem, we're talking about the man who felt obliged to vote for his wife "because I know she was going to vote for Trump anyway."

Really nothing Barry does sounds too legal at this point.

Working construction on a sunday/holiday, hunting, trash dumps, voter fraud, PPP loans, --probably forgetting a few other things we've heard about as well....Oh well and of course murder.

another b.s I was seen at ....nobody drives to talk face to face with a owner.. and who gets prices on a repair ..it is under 100 per hr for the frikin millionair ....the phone is the smart way...add covid ..why go face to face .....don't buy anything? no brainer ---alibi
Except Suzanne texted a reminder to stop at the Spa Store so I don't see it as an alibi.

That’s just disgusting. But anyway re the needle sheath being found instead of a dart cap…someone (sorry I cannot remember who it was) posted about how when you shoot a tranquilizer dart the cap stays on it and penetrates the cap when it hits the target. So if that is how it works then finding the needle cover makes more sense. MOO
Isn't that needle sheath tiny clear plastic? Good detective work!
IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Intriguing. So he’s caught on surveillance video wearing certain clothes, and he gets home and washes them right away. Explains the syringe cap being there.

DA Mark Hurlbert now doing redirect.

Hurlbert confirms with Graham that men's khaki shorts and other clothing were found in the dryer. It matches what Barry was seen wearing May 9 on surveillance video.

We're now on a break.
https://twitter.com/stephaniebutzer/status/1429840985970802689?s=21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members