Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #76 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree...just like it was frequently pondered that Suzanne was "naïve and submissive" I think people have pegged Barry as a "dumb jock" and the reality is a tad different.

I still think he's a dumb jock, just a devious murdering one that thinks he's smarter than LE because he knows how to hunt, track, etc. and listens to true crime podcasts.

jmo

I think he said he tranq'd two deer during the course of April 2020 (not all at once). I wonder if LE asked him where those antlers were placed and/or checked all the antlers around the home to see if any were cut as opposed to shed.

And as for the previously working dart gun, I don't think we know for sure how long it's been broken since for months he might have been using the .22 instead to shoot darts, assuming he really was even darting deer at all...

MOO

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1429855750826995714?s=21

The undersheriff said deer would absolutely runoff. Didn't find any animal in the home that their antlers had been cut off. There were antlers in the home, but no cut antlers.

I'm still sitting here trying to figure out what went on Friday, that Suzanne's password for FB was changed and those men friended.
One reason I think SM added those fb friends and changed her password (and/or her two-factor authentification setup) herself, is because it fits well with her telling JL that the last two days have been great. I think she was referring to how freed up she felt now that she had decided not to be under BM's control anymore.

MOO

This may be petty to address right now - but I'm still fuming over BM tranquilizing deer and sawing off their horns. Hello ... rutting season-deer with no horns :mad:
No telling what he actually did to Suzanne, he's inhuman :(

I don't think it's petty at all, I think it's highly indicative of what cruelty and callousness he's capable of.
His own admission about this speaks highly to his moral character.

jmo

One reason I think SM added those fb friends and changed her password (and/or her two-factor authentification setup) herself, is because it fits well with her telling JL that the last two days have been great. I think she was referring to how freed up she felt now that she had decided not to be under BM's control anymore.

MOO
Maybe adding all the men was a tit for tat move. Suzanne did comment about all the women he had on his social media, so adding male friends was a big % you to Barry.
Just a thought.

Maybe adding all the men was a tit for tat move. Suzanne did comment about all the women he had on his social media, so adding male friends was a big % you to Barry.
Just a thought.

It makes a lot of sense to me that she might have done if for exactly that reason, and changed her own password before hand, so that Barry could see who she added, but not be able to do anything about it. If he was that controlling, that she couldn't even wear what she wanted to wear or add people on social media, it stands to reason he was keeping a close eye on what she was doing online.

<snipped & BBM from above>

Police have been going over Suzanne's final days, telling the court how she got pizza at Moonlight Pizza and Brew Pub in Salida on May 8 and spent the morning of May 6 having coffee with neighbor JR.

Ritter, who placed the call to police after Suzanne's daughters raised the alarm, told the FBI that the mom-of-two had seemed 'energetic and excited' during their two-hour chat.

I wonder how much and what Suzanne shared with the neighbor? Maybe she told her of their split, 2 hours is a long time.

Perhaps that is one of the reasons LE focused on him right away.

This may be petty to address right now - but I'm still fuming over BM tranquilizing deer and sawing off their horns. Hello ... rutting season-deer with no horns :mad:
No telling what he actually did to Suzanne, he's inhuman :(
I believe he said in April, which I believe a detective testified that they did not find any of those sawed-off antlers at the residence?

It makes a lot of sense to me that she might have done if for exactly that reason, and changed her own password before hand, so that Barry could see who she added, but not be able to do anything about it. If he was that controlling, that she couldn't even wear what she wanted to wear or add people on social media, it stands to reason he was keeping a close eye on what she was doing online.
Exactly, Suzanne was declaring her independence. It's becoming so clear now how incendiary the lead up to her death was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph