Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #76 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Lore Listener much appreciate the explanation and link. I didn’t think CBD had any THC in it so was wondering why Suzanne would need to buy it from a drug dealer? Sounds like even the CBD with small % THC is legal in CO and there are many other options to purchase it that don’t require a visit to “CBD Tim” :rolleyes:

Yeah he was just being a creep by calling someone who sells CBD a “drug dealer”.

It really sucks that the daughters are hearing all of this. Don’t know if I’d go in support of my parent (assuming I supported them) or just to hear what’s going on. Either way, none of it is easy to hear and I feel for them.

BM is an *** for everything he’s put everyone through.

Short version is it appears he talked to investigators for a total of 24 hours, presumably without a lawyer, and it was an FBI audit of those interviews that led them to get a warrant for his arrest. So it seems the only evidence the State has are his contradictory statements. Had he clammed up, from day one, he'd still be free.

What about the data tracking his movements? And the tranquilizer stuff? And him throwing a bunch of stuff away the day his wife is reported missing, in various dumpster or trash cans in different areas? Also, there were fingernail marks on him, right? And the prelim isn’t over, right?

It can’t just be his statements?

I thought of that photo and wondered if it was taken by one of the officers that night that he "threw one on the grill" for them?
Hmmmm @bestill that sounds very plausible. Wonder how Daily Mail got ahold of it though? I bet Barry misses grilling steaks in wife beater t-shirts. Or in his case “wife killer” t-shirts.

Anyone have a good synopsis of the evidence today? I haven’t had much time so I’ve tried to follow Lauren Sharf’s tweets bu they’re frankly confusing.
When Barry left the house on Mother’s Day morning, he went left instead of right. He claimed he was following elk, but he just so happened to pass the spot where the helmet was dumped.

He explained the tranquilizer stuff, by claiming he shot deer in April and sawed their antlers off (as one does apparently). That seems more than a little illegal to me.

The very clothes he was wearing the afternoon of the alleged murder were found in the dryer (he likely washed and dried his clothes along with the syringe cap).

Photographs were taken a Barry a few days after Suzanne’s disappearance, and alleged fingernail scratches were observed on his upper arm.

A bike expert testified that the bike was “ghost ridden,” meaning it was pushed into that ravine and not ridden.

The door on the master bedroom was cracked, potentially indicating forced entry. Suzanne’s journal was missing, and may have been burned in the fireplace.

Barry made a number of incredibly bizarre and incriminating statements to investigators even asking for immunity if he “opened up his life to them.”

He spoke of Suzanne in the past tense multiple times, and (I’m crying laughing as I write this) accused a man named “CBD Tim” of involvement.

He claimed that they ate steak for dinner on Saturday night, and explained the lone plate in the dishwasher by saying that they shared it.

I’m sure I missed a lot, but that’s what I have from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave