Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #77 *ARREST*

Do you feel BM will go to trial?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m puzzled on the Murder 1 charge by what was presented in the Prelim. I’m not sure the DA has shown a lot of pre-planning, lots of coverup YES, but not necessarily the preplanning of Murder 1. I think I need to go over the 3 days again and rethink it. Moo

He may have taken those shorts off in that room.

He did tell investigators they'd had adult time. We just don't call it that when one person is incapacitated and unconsenting.

Power. Rage.

Beautiful Suzanne came face to face with the ugly side of humanity.

Worse, I think he feels it was justified.

Ghastly.

JMO
BBM: I think you nailed it on this one.

I missed a lot of the thread from late last night so excuse me if this has been discussed. But didn’t someone say a tranquilizer dart can be fired from a .22 pistol? I can’t help wondering about the .22 shell found by the bed. Could Barry have snuck in the house first, grabbed the .22 gun out of a bedside drawer on Suzanne’s side, hurriedly ejected a shell to insert a dart or would he have to remove the entire cartridge? Pure speculation. Need to research this to see if even possible.

I’m having trouble with why the .22 shell was on the floor if Barry shot Suzanne with a tranquilizer dart. Is there a connection? A coincidence? Why would Barry leave a shell on the floor? Did he forget about it? He forgot about the needle sheath so maybe. Or could Suzanne have ran in the bedroom, locked the door and grabbed her gun and then Barry broke in and because the tranquilizer was taking effect he easily took it from her. But why chamber a new shell? Sorry just thinking out loud and would love to see others thoughts on the .22 shell.

Edit to add it would be nice to know if Suzanne had a gun and knew how to use it, etc. She was alone in the house often in an isolated area so maybe the .22 was a small gun Barry got her for protection? Little did she know she would need it to protect herself against her own husband! Suzanne’s best friend might know if she had her own pistol and I would think her daughters would know.

Last edited:
Just thought I’d put this here as reminder that the state does not have to prove BM guilty BARD at Preliminary Hearing.

Snipped and BBM from link below:

What is a preliminary hearing?
A preliminary hearing is also referred to as a “prelim” or a probable cause hearing.
  1. there is enough probable cause to show that a crime was committed, and
  2. there is enough probable cause to believe that the defendant is the person who committed that crime.
“Probable cause” is a lesser standard of proof than a finding of “beyond a reasonable doubt” (which is used at a jury trial). It is met if there is sufficient evidence to show that the defendant committed the crime charged. Or, put another way, it is met if there is a strong suspicion that the defendant did it.

IMHOO

What happens at a preliminary hearing?

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
I’m puzzled on the Murder 1 charge by what was presented in the Prelim. I’m not sure the DA has shown a lot of pre-planning, lots of coverup YES, but not necessarily the preplanning of Murder 1. I think I need to go over the 3 days again and rethink it. Moo
@Error505 I've updated her media thread so that may prove helpful - I am concerned about bond. I also thought they should have worked harder to prove she is actually deceased...
JMO

I'm assuming AA was sealed because of Suzanne affair/protect JL family?? Really nothing else makes sense at this point. So hopefully unsealed after this.

I know a lot of you are worried but there has easily been enough evidence shown so far for this case to go to trial. Prosecution isn't trying to give up too much info at this point - they just need to present a little of everything and then come trial time we will get the "meat & potatoes" of all this info. I mean personally I did think we would learn a lot more from this prelim hearing but not too worried regardless.

For reference take a look at the recent Kelsie Schelling case out of Pueblo (also no body), IMO very little evidence presented - just a lot of circumstantial stuff - and a lot dealing with DL (boyfriend) lying, changing stories, etc in his interviews. Jury took less than 3 hours to find him guilty.

There was more evidence in the OJ trial and he walked. I see nothing here that is going to put bM behind bars. I said yesterday I was underwhelmed by the prosecution. Today I'm downright dumbfounded. They had A WHOLE YEAR and this is all they came up with?????!!!!!

I'm assuming AA was sealed because of Suzanne affair/protect JL family?? Really nothing else makes sense at this point. So hopefully unsealed after this.

I know a lot of you are worried but there has easily been enough evidence shown so far for this case to go to trial. Prosecution isn't trying to give up too much info at this point - they just need to present a little of everything and then come trial time we will get the "meat & potatoes" of all this info. I mean personally I did think we would learn a lot more from this prelim hearing but not too worried regardless.

For reference take a look at the recent Kelsie Schelling case out of Pueblo (also no body), IMO very little evidence presented - just a lot of circumstantial stuff - and a lot dealing with DL (boyfriend) lying, changing stories, etc in his interviews. Jury took less than 3 hours to find him guilty.
Yes ITA GJ.

What we expected to happen may not have, but the Judge did sign off on an arrest for Murder 1, no body and without bond. There's more MEAT to come at trial IMO.

Really? Because we didn’t hear about it. It has been suggested but I would have liked to have seen probable cause. I’m bothered that a person rights can be taken because he lies, he is mean and he is stupid and greedy. All of that. But I wanted to see evidence of murder.
It isn't just that he lied, it's what he lied about. What he stated he did doesn't match with his cell data and his truck gps on the day he took a last minute work trip. That is what does it. He could have lied about what time he went to bed, what he had for dinner, what he did at the job site, having an affair, etc.. that makes him just a liar. Lying about what he did the day his wife went missing, the state of their marriage, deleting texts, etc. That is why he's in this mess. A person can be a liar and not be suspected of murder. I person can't lie about facts related to a missing person and not be suspected. Innocent people don't need to lie about these things and most people even liars understand the need to be honest with police so they aren't in trouble. It's totally different lying to people than it is lying to police. That shows a sign you are hiding things. If he was honest from the first police interview (and he was innocent) then we wouldn't be here today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member