UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police state someone had the presence of mind to look at the phone at 12.10pm on the 19th March 2009 and see there was a missed call and think O I best switch the phone off. Which instead of being smashed or thrown in a river suggests someone who has a calm controlled approach even under enormous pressure. Many of us would panic having just killed someone. Is this someone who would then lose control snd kill someone or in fact foes it suggest a premeditated calculated act? Of course the phone may of just run out of battery - no one knows for sure (well someone does) the police use Holmes 2 which I imagine generates a likely series of events. When you put everything together it’s likely Claudia left her house willingly - in the morning unlikely because she wasn’t on camera. More likely IMO she went to somewhere else or was somewhere else when she called her mum and dad - as she was concerned about walking to work - there was no mention about going out for the evening or a lift from a third party - so if she did go elsewhere it wasn’t planned - a quick brush of the teeth, leave toothbrush on the kitchen drainer as probably doing other things at the same time grab her rucksack , straighteners and away. The door flung open may still of been her but she came from elsewhere. (I’d be interested to know 100% for sure did she take her phone charger - is it missing or is it in the house) @Gladioli - any opinions?
What I fail to understand is this :people say it might not have happened in the morning because she was not seen on cctv but then again she was not seen on cctv on the evening/ night of the 18 th

The police state someone had the presence of mind to look at the phone at 12.10pm on the 19th March 2009 and see there was a missed call and think O I best switch the phone off. Which instead of being smashed or thrown in a river suggests someone who has a calm controlled approach even under enormous pressure. Many of us would panic having just killed someone. Is this someone who would then lose control snd kill someone or in fact foes it suggest a premeditated calculated act? Of course the phone may of just run out of battery - no one knows for sure (well someone does) the police use Holmes 2 which I imagine generates a likely series of events. When you put everything together it’s likely Claudia left her house willingly - in the morning unlikely because she wasn’t on camera. More likely IMO she went to somewhere else or was somewhere else when she called her mum and dad - as she was concerned about walking to work - there was no mention about going out for the evening or a lift from a third party - so if she did go elsewhere it wasn’t planned - a quick brush of the teeth, leave toothbrush on the kitchen drainer as probably doing other things at the same time grab her rucksack , straighteners and away. The door flung open may still of been her but she came from elsewhere. (I’d be interested to know 100% for sure did she take her phone charger - is it missing or is it in the house) @Gladioli - any opinions?
What I fail to understand is this : People say it might not have happened in the morning because she was not seen on cctv but then again she was not seen on cctv on the evening/ night of the 18 th

What I fail to understand is this :people say it might not have happened in the morning because she was not seen on cctv but then again she was not seen on cctv on the evening/ night of the 18 th
Ps that funny face was not meant to be there okay so please do not read anything in it !

It’s a good point Pj3, - imagine It’s the perp stood outside at 6.55am in the 19th. Would you be stood there if you’d just killed someone in a car on the way to work? Or is it more likely something happened in the evening - you cannot be verified you were at home as you slept on the sofa - so that leaves you a window of opportunity?

It’s a good point Pj3, - imagine It’s the perp stood outside at 6.55am in the 19th. Would you be stood there if you’d just killed someone in a car on the way to work? Or is it more likely something happened in the evening - you cannot be verified you were at home as you slept on the sofa - so that leaves you a window of opportunity?
Why would the perpetrator ( and I’m not thinking about the sofa man ) be stood outside her house at that time in the morning ? I’m also assuming he stood on the pavement in front of her house …. The police should have some images of him from the cctv opposite her house ?
What if she was in his car nearby ? He would have been thinking of a long car journey ( to hide the body ) but realised he had to retrieve item /items from her house. He would have had to do it there and then because there would not be another chance when the news of her disappearance is out !

I agree, I don't think the absence of CCTV footage discrimates very well between the 18th and the 19th either way, except for the 18th being darker and thus slightly more likely to involve a non-sighting. But I don't think it makes much difference.

Where it does make a difference is regarding the means of leaving her house. The lack of CCTV images of CL walking points quite strongly to leaving the immediate area in a vehicle, either immediately, or with an intermediate stop at the NH / NH car park or a very nearby house.

What I fail to understand is this : People say it might not have happened in the morning because she was not seen on cctv but then again she was not seen on cctv on the evening/ night of the 18 th

Hi all, new to this thread having followed other threads on Websleuths.

I’ve been meaning to come and have a look but with the news today, thought I’d finally do it!

Unfortunately I don’t have the time to go through 15 threads worth of information, but can anyone point me in the direction of a good “cheat sheet” to this case as such please?
Thanks!

Not posted on here for some months but obviously this latest development has grabbed my attention. It would be typical they find her now after her father has sadly passed away never knowing. The site on the face of it sounds plausible, a pond to hide a body and or surrounding woodland. Near a college campus which she had links with and the killer could have also if he worked there and therefore knew the area or knew she worked for the university so could watch her there. I always feel these searches will end in disappointment but hopefully this time will be different also the police said they have other lines of enquiry which could be a ruse but hopefully true…!

Not posted on here for some months but obviously this latest development has grabbed my attention. It would be typical they find her now after her father has sadly passed away never knowing. The site on the face of it sounds plausible, a pond to hide a body and or surrounding woodland. Near a college campus which she had links with and the killer could have also if he worked there and therefore knew the area or knew she worked for the university so could watch her there. I always feel these searches will end in disappointment but hopefully this time will be different also the police said they have other lines of enquiry which could be a ruse but hopefully true…!

So what has promoted several lines of enquiry then? A review of the case? A few people have come forward?

So what has promoted several lines of enquiry then? A review of the case? A few people have come forward?
They are fishing lakes, they were having an environmental survey last week and have since been drained- police turned up today and have closed all the roads.
It’s been confirmed they found a body locally- which isn’t the first time and by no means does that indicate who it is.

Last edited:
It’s nowhere near the university or a college campus. One end of the footpath is next to DEFRA, which on Google earth may look like a campus.

In a statement at the gravel pits on Monday, Det Supt Wayne Fox, the head of North Yorkshire police’s major investigation team and the senior investigating officer in the case, said: “Whilst I’m unable to disclose what brought us to this location, I would like to stress that the searches that you will see in the coming days are just one of several active lines of inquiry, which are currently being investigated and pursued by North Yorkshire police major investigation team in our efforts to establish what happened to Claudia and to identify any person responsible for causing her harm.”

Police search quarry near York for Claudia Lawrence remains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member