Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #77 *ARREST*

Do you feel BM will go to trial?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is exactly what the defense wants, confusion, and it will be presented as such at trial.

Yes - by the defense (that's pretty normal). But it's the prosecution's case that will be better organized. THe defense will have different opportunities to try and confuse things, but the case against Barry will be placed in a narrative, not in bits and pieces.

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]8m
Defense noted before we took the break that Agent Cahill is set to be their last witness.
@KKTV11News #SuzanneMorphew #BarryMorphew

https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV/status/1430227772169887748
Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]11m
We are taking a lunchbreak and will be back at 1:30pm #SuzanneMorphew #BarryMorphew
@KKTV11News

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]15m
Agent Cahill looks at the report and says it's not clear which car they are referencing in the report because three cars were swabbed. #SuzanneMorphew #BarryMorphew @KKTV11News

Well, atleast the 2nd half of the day should be pretty short if this is the last witness. Still not getting the feeling BM will be bound over at all, but I definitely don't think he will be held for M1. JMO

I'm so disappointed in what the prosecution has offered. It feels kinda like the DA jumped too soon so that she could have such a high profile case for her first case as a DA. I hope not, but I'm not convinced.

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]8m
Defense noted before we took the break that Agent Cahill is set to be their last witness.
@KKTV11News #SuzanneMorphew #BarryMorphew

https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV/status/1430227772169887748
Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]11m
We are taking a lunchbreak and will be back at 1:30pm #SuzanneMorphew #BarryMorphew
@KKTV11News

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]15m
Agent Cahill looks at the report and says it's not clear which car they are referencing in the report because three cars were swabbed. #SuzanneMorphew #BarryMorphew @KKTV11News

I am hoping for the best and I know many here, with much more experience than I, are feeling optimistic. I’m low-key prepared though for an OJ/Casey moment where he walks. We know he shouldn’t but I think this presentation by the state was milk toast. Very disappointed.

Updated list of things is have to ignore to believe Barry is innocent.

What was going on in that marriage.

Barry deleting texts that reflected poorly in the state of that marriage (he claimed Suzanne had never asked for a divorce, yet deleted a text from her in which she discussed it).

Barry’s lies on the state of their marriage.

The fact that Suzanne said she was afraid of him.

The psychological abuse, and the threats of suicide.

The fact that Suzanne dropped off the grid when Barry arrived home that afternoon (not a text, not a sighting, not a message; nothing).

The cell phone data that showing Suzanne’s phone went dark before Barry claims to have left the house.

The syringe cap in the dryer, the package with one missing, and the materials he admitted to throwing away.

The car and cell phone data that puts him outside an hour before he claims to have woken up, and in the vicinity of the bike.

The left turn that put him right in the area of the helmet, when he should have turned right (he claimed he saw a herd of elk, which don’t travel in herds that time of year).

The 5 trash dumps, the costume changes, and the boots being thrown away.

Barry forgetting what he threw away.

The fact he left early for a job without the proper equipment, worked 11 minutes, and then lied to the FBI about it.

Barry encouraging his employees to keep working well after Suzanne disappeared, despite knowing full well they couldn’t do that job with what he left them, and materials that were never delivered.

The lie about where he claimed he was when he received the call.

The changing stories he gave to law enforcement over the entirety of the investigation.

The near confession (immunity), the missing journal, the one plate dinner, the book turned to May 9, and the very clothes he was wearing hours before being in the dryer.

The scratches on his arms (3 potential fingernail marks on his upper arm).

The hilarious excuse for possessing tranquilizing darts and chemicals (shooting deer and cutting their antlers off in fricken April, which is all sorts of illegal).

The missing towel Suzanne was photographed with in her last “proof of life.”

What I miss?

I'm confused.

The judge has done everything possible to protect the daughters... so he'll make it possible for them to spend time with a murderer? Their own mother's murderer no less? How is that protecting them? Seems to me that would endanger them!
According to the law your presumed innocent until proven guilty as hard as it may be according to the law at this point BM is an innocent man.

Barry deleting texts that reflected poorly in the state of that marriage (he claimed Suzanne had never asked for a divorce, yet deleted a text from her in which she discussed it).

The fact that Suzanne dropped off the grid when Barry arrived home that afternoon (not a text, not a sighting, not a message; nothing).

The cell phone data that showing Suzanne’s phone went dark before Barry claims to have left the house.

The syringe cap in the dryer, the package with one missing, and the materials he admitted to throwing away.

The car and cell phone data that puts him outside an hour before he claims to have woken up, and in the vicinity of the bike.

The left turn that put him right in the area of the helmet, when he should have turned right (he claimed he saw a herd of elk, which don’t travel in herds that time of year).

The fact he left early for a job without the proper equipment, worked 11 minutes, and then lied to the FBI about it.

Barry encouraging his employees to keep working well after Suzanne disappeared, despite knowing full well they couldn’t do that job with what he left them, and materials that were never delivered.

The changing stories he gave to law enforcement over the entirety of the investigation.

The near confession (immunity), the missing journal, the one plate dinner, the book turned to May 9, and the very clothes he was wearing hours before being in the dryer.

The hilarious excuse for possessing tranquilizing darts and chemicals (shooting deer and cutting their antlers off in fricken April, which is all sorts of illegal).

What I miss?
I was about to send an SOS. Thanks MG

Don't forget to add that BM said he 'accidentally clipped her nose' with his hand when asked about DV.

What I miss?

I don't believe Barry is innocent. I simply believe the state can't prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt based on what we have heard so far. We'll see whether the judge holds him over for trial but I'm skeptical.

What I miss?

CBD Tim and his drug deals on the streets of Salida ......moo

Confusion and smearing the victim.
That is typical of the defense in cases like this. It's sad for Suzanne IMO, but not unexpected.

It's the totality of all of BM's actions starting May 6th through May 1oth and on into the investigation. Those are not normal, nor are they an innocent response to your wife being missing.

JMO

What I miss?
CBD Tim lol

I think this is exactly what the defense wants, confusion, and it will be presented as such at trial.

It’s s the task of the defense team to create confusion.
Until now we only heard from some LE and their interactions with BM and how they interpreted some of the reports and what they heard BM say. I suspect at trial they will show the exact recordings too.
At trial we will hear from the actual experts testifying about their own reports and conclusions, as well as see(hear) witnesses testifying about their exchange with BM and SM.
No doubt we will hear what a partial DNA match they found means exactly in clear terms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member