NY NY - Jermaine Barr, 5, New York, Sept 25, 1986

Murkywaters

Reaction score
Thumbnail

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

SUBJECT WENT FOR A RIDE WITH FAMILY FRIEND

Demographics
Missing Age: 5 Years
Current Age: 39 Years
First Name: JERMAINE
Middle Name--
Last Name: BARR
Nickname/Alias--
Sex: Male
Height: 4' 6" (54 Inches)
Weight: 45 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: Black / African American

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact: September 25, 1986
NamUs Case Created: October 20, 2020
Last Known Location Map
County: New York County
Missing From Tribal Land: No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land--
Circumstances of Disappearance : SUBJECT WENT F0R A RIDE WITH FAMILY FRIEND
Physical Description
Hair Color: Black
Left Eye Color: Brown
Right Eye Color: Brown

Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing: BLACK WINDBREAKER JACKET, BLACK CORD PANTS, WHITE HI-TOP SNEAKERS

Investigating Agencies
New York City Police Department - Missing Persons Squad
Katrin Wilson, Detective

Agency Case Number: KNMP09498
Date Reported: December 10, 2004

Let's hope an arrest has been made.
If this case, from 1986, is being kept so quiet there isn't even information about the arrest, I wonder why.

There are two news articles about Jermaine's disappearance archives at newspapers.com in the NY Daily News. One in 1987 and another in 1991. Unfortunately, since i don't have a subscription i can't clip the articles.

Let's hope an arrest has been made.
If this case, from 1986, is being kept so quiet there isn't even information about the arrest, I wonder why.
I failed to mention an even more likely scenario(at least in my mind), that the "family friend" is the suspect, but they have no direct proof. So, no body, no charges, only a well-founded suspicion.

There are two news articles about Jermaine's disappearance archives at newspapers.com in the NY Daily News. One in 1987 and another in 1991. Unfortunately, since i don't have a subscription i can't clip the articles.
Do you happen to know the area in which it happened? I'm looking at clusters of children in NY, more than specific individuals.

I failed to mention an even more likely scenario(at least in my mind), that the "family friend" is the suspect, but they have no direct proof. So, no body, no charges, only a well-founded suspicion.

Of course, but the "friend" could have first been charged with a lesser crime. For losing a child, for not ensuring his safety, no matter what "story" was told for what happened.
My opinions. Pure Jermaine and his family.

Of course, but the "friend" could have first been charged with a lesser crime. For losing a child, for not ensuring his safety, no matter what "story" was told for what happened.
My opinions. Pure Jermaine and his family.
I don't know if you can be arrested for getting separated from a child. Say, you were in a store and you "only turned your head for a second, and when I turned around he was gone." or something like that.

There was also a rash of child abductions in the late 80s within a certain radius in NYC. There were witnesses and they would abduct black children from families. I wonder if they was a a family member or another child abduction related to the others?

I recall there were a few rhat happened at the same park! One older male even had two kids who were in on it, and would lure the kids with them. The poor parents felt safe because they child was being led by other kids off to "go play".

Sadly, those young children might have been abductees themselves.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeo20
Back