Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #78 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re all partial DNA matches to each other. “Partial”, as used by the defense team is misleading at best. MOO.

And the thing is, the police followed up on those partials and identified who they might have come from. They did their job. I feel that they would also have established where those partial-match-people were when Suzanne disappeared. By the sounds of things, they might be living in another state.

One thing that keeps bothering me is the fact that Suzanne asked BM via text to grab “spa stuff”.

She didn’t ask him to check on getting the spa fixed, she asked him to grab “stuff”. Yet, instead of stopping at the spa store on the way home, he went back out in the 4pm hour to talk about them coming to fix the spa? Let’s assume for arguments sake, the spa owners are correct and he did stop by there that day and time.

It’s not making sense.

Suzanne’s text request implied to me that the spa was working, and simply needed chemicals. So why would BM be chatting up the spa people about getting it fixed for so long on a day (I believe) he murdered his wife?

Trying to establish alibi to or from a dump site, then reset the truck when he arrived back home (truck was reset ≈5:30pm correct?), erasing those 18 or so miles that are still unaccounted for?

Has anyone put together a timeline from what we know so far about BM’s supposed movements?

Did investigators actually have the spa examined to verify BM’s statements that it was even broken?

Last edited:
You still can’t separate Barry from this, regardless of that DNA.

Some predator didn’t kidnap Suzanne, enter her car, leave her purse, stage a bicycle, dump a helmet, force Barry to lie about when he woke up, put Barry outside when he should have been sleeping, put Barry in the vicinity of the bike, shut down Suzanne’s phone at the precise moment Barry needed it to, force Barry to chase elk towards the helmet location, force him to dump 5 bags of trash, force him to lie about working, force him to lie about where he was when he got that call, force him to lie about the state of their marriage, and Suzanne wanting a divorce.

He didn’t cause Suzanne’s footprint to cease to exist on that afternoon, put Barry’s phone on airplane mode, disappear her journal, scratch Barry’s arms.

Etc, etc, etc.

It just doesn’t matter which way you look at this case, it all comes back to Barry. very good post @mass Guy.

ETA: I messed up the post and then posted it twice. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am wondering about the 2 empty containers of chlorine (or spa stuff) left in the Range Rover. Some thought it was possibly to bring to the store to remind SM what she had bought. Why 2? Wouldn’t you recycle 1 and just keep 1 if you needed a reminder? MOO something is up with the 2 empty containers of chemicals for hot tub left in her vehicle. Sloppy BM. I think he might have forgot to recycle.

I do feel his bias toward closing proceedings to cameras, discomfort with WebEx, and comfort with ignoring the spirit of Rule 55.1 by giving specious refutations to everything in it as though he resents the rule forcing him to make his reasoning public make him questionable as the presider over this high profile case. He is static where dynamic would be of more benefit to all.
^^rsbm

Clearly, your arguments belong to the actual rules and are best directed at the rule-makers, not the Judge.

I disagree with your interpretations. A judge does not rule on the "spirit of the rule" that failed to be adopted as law. Want a different outcome -- propose to change the law.

Same with Webex viewing of Colorado court procedures that are not statutory and haven't been since 1955 and Canon 35.

Judge Murphy followed the written laws for each and his response was not challenged by the Colorado Press Association (CFOIC).

It's old news:

CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #60 *ARREST*
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #64 *ARREST*
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #60 *ARREST*
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*

CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #59 *ARREST*

Good point. Barry may not have an ATM card either. He liked cash, and probably received payment for jobs in cash. That way he did not have to report income, and the bank couldn’t trace the transactions. I’m surprised they haven’t nailed him with a charge for tax fraud.

jmo

The control freak's methodology is indeed that they secret monies from the spouse but also from the government since cash is easily accepted in many business transactions with possible discounts included.

The X placed me on an expense allowance once I quit my job in order to travel with him. I did not travel every week. If I needed xtra spending money during times when he was gone, I had to seek his approval by explaining the designation of exactly what the cash funds would be used for.

When I was traveling with him, he'd pay for whatever I wanted with the sky being the limit. I rode in limos in downtown Chicago while shopping along the Magnificent Mile, by example. As long as I was playing his game, the wallet was open.

I'm most curious how Suzanne managed out of state travel expenses without asking for large sums of cash. Please do not take financial control lightly because it truly can be maddening to us, and to our children, for obedience is essential.

Hmmm so is everyone in on it? Prosecution didn’t bring up anything earth shattering except the affair which is not IMO enough reason to redact - and the defense repeatedly hammered away at the same testimony perhaps delaying something ? - really great sleuthing here @24Brix i will need to play with that sentence based on some worse case scenarios …
JMO
I would think BM admitting to having an account linked to an extremist group to view hacked *advertiser censored* with celebrities is more disturbing than mom allegedly taking up with her old HS flame-- but that's just me.

Good point. Barry may not have an ATM card either. He liked cash, and probably received payment for jobs in cash. That way he did not have to report income, and the bank couldn’t trace the transactions. I’m surprised they haven’t nailed him with a charge for tax fraud.

jmo

Different branch of government. :D
So we can still hope. When everyone finally has their tax returns processed, someone can sic 'em on Barry.

Having a partial match on 3 people from the DNA isn't at all concerning to me. A DNA expert would testify at trial and explain that a partial match isn't saying that DNA belong to a known sexual offender. That means part of the DNA on the glovebox matched DNA of a sexual offender. They could be related far down the tree like 4th + cousins and show as a partial match. Likely a mechanic, car detailer or heck even a person who works at the car lot the car was sold from put that DNA there at some point. That person isn't a sexual offender, their DNA is a partial match to someone that is a known sexual offender. That is what I take from reading about partial matches. It sounds good to say a partial match to a known sexual offender, but partial just means shared DNA, not a full match, so not the person. It's smoke and mirrors stuff.
100 likes. It's rubbish and the defense team knows it yet people are eating it up.

One thing that keeps bothering me is the fact that Suzanne asked BM via text to grab “spa stuff”.

She didn’t ask him to check on getting the spa fixed, she asked him to grab “stuff”. Yet, instead of stopping at the spa store on the way home, he went back out in the 4pm hour to talk about them coming to fix the spa? Let’s assume for arguments sake, the spa owners are correct and he did stop by there that day and time.

It’s not making sense.

Suzanne’s text request implied to me that the spa was working, and simply needed chemicals. So why would BM be chatting up the spa people about getting it fixed for so long on a day (I believe) he murdered his wife?

Trying to establish alibi to or from a dump site, then reset the truck when he arrived back home (truck was reset ≈5:30pm correct?), erasing those 18 or so miles that are still unaccounted for?

Has anyone put together a timeline from what we know so far about BM’s supposed movements?

Did investigators actually have the spa examined to verify BM’s statements that it was even broken?
There are some excellent timelines put together.
On page 1 of every thread, the 1st post always has a link to MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

This linked thread is a wealth of historical information related to the case.

JMO

This exactly.

If you look at the bottom of page 2 of the linked court order to seal the AA, there is a single black line of redaction. I’m convinced that short black line, more than any other, is the tell-tale mark that’s protecting the daughters from some truly heinous information. (And IMO it may keep the AA sealed until trial, at which point everything will have to come to light.)

I’ve been playing a game with myself because I don’t want to go into that much conjecture here on WS: But read that redacted sentence, filling in the redaction in your own words using natural language that grammatically follows.

“These young women are in an unimaginable situation and should be given time to process what has occurred and the time to review, or decide not to review, the evidence alleged against their father <<…redacted…>>.”

For me, and IMO, the first redacted word is “by”. And it’s not “by the District Attorney’s office of the State of Colorado”. I think the court is protecting the girls from the very specific, very inflammatory, testimony of a very specific person. To me, personal information is the most logical reason for redacting this part of the sentence’s structure.

But who is it? And what is it they are alleging?

MOO.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21CR78 Order Limit Public Redacted.pdf
ITA, I have always thought from the beginning that there is way more going on here than we can even imagine. What, I do not know. Can’t even begin to speculate, but I have always thought that the daughters were privy to whatever it was. JMO

There are some excellent timelines put together.
On page 1 of every thread, the 1st post always has a link to MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

This linked thread is a wealth of historical information related to the case.

JMO

edit-just found what you’re referring to, and all the links to the PH info. Thank you! Now to do some digging.

Last edited:
I see it a bit differently. Why would ever investigator read the entire AA or know the intricate details of what other investigators did or do in this investigation? This was a massive investigation with multiple agencies looking into various things over the course of a year before this AA was written. The prosecution called each witness and asked them about what they could give testimony on. The defense it seemed asked them questions they would not know the answer to in order to make them look bad. I saw someone else write that it's like going into a restaurant and asking the cook about the cashier procedures. It isn't their piece of the puzzle so why ask them? Well for the defense it's to muddy things up and make it seem like they don't know what they should know.

I respect your opinion but the prosecution knew that they were up against top defensive attorneys who are highly skilled at shredding apart everything. For that reason, I think it would have been a good idea for each witness to read the entire AA.

And the thing is, the police followed up on those partials and identified who they might have come from. They did their job. I feel that they would also have established where those partial-match-people were when Suzanne disappeared. By the sounds of things, they might be living in another state.
I don't believe they identified who they came from. It was my understanding that the DNA on Suzanne's glove box was submitted to CODIS and returned partial matches to DNA from three unsolved sexual assault cases. So they couldn't establish where that man (or men) was at the time of Suzanne's disappearance because they don't know who they are.

The defense will definitely run with that, but it's hard to make a coherent story out of a bike ride abduction by a serial sexual predator where they didn't leave DNA on the bike and instead left it on Suzanne's glove box. It just doesn't make much sense. Unless their theory is that he abducted her from the house and then staged the bike ride himself. Which also doesn't make any sense.

You know what’s really telling though BM patterns of behavior. He has a temper tantrum calls his wife 11 times on may 9 then when she goes missing one call and tells officers “anything to help”….that really paints a picture

I pray that I’m wrong, but the defense may have provided just enough doubt about the DNA in SM’s car to make the judge question the investigation. IMO, it didn’t help that the witnesses for the prosecution didn’t seem to be as prepared as I thought they would be, especially the guy who had only read about the first dozen pages of the AA. I understand that he was on leave until May, but that was four months ago. Again, I pray that I’m wrong because I believe BM is guilty.
LE didn’t seem concerned about testing the coffee for poison, they didn’t seem concerned about the sleeping bag near the helmet, they didn’t seem too concerned about the bike…lots they didn’t seem too concerned about. Just saying and these are things we know about. Makes you wonder what defense knows about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23