WV - 5-year-old boy found locked in car trunk; Cottageville; Jackson County; 24 Aug 2021

Oh my, I didn't know he was on a ventilator. That's not good, not good. But he is young. Hoping the ventilator will improve his overall condition and that he can be weaned from it soon.
Is there anyone who can make medical decisions for him?

I’m not sure I understand how the poor boy could’ve been “cold to the touch” when discovered, as he was trapped in a trunk whose temperature was measured at 130 degrees Fahrenheit. Can anyone more scientifically-informed clue me in, or is this just sloppy reporting?

I’m not sure I understand how the poor boy could’ve been “cold to the touch” when discovered, as he was trapped in a trunk whose temperature was measured at 130 degrees Fahrenheit. Can anyone more scientifically-informed clue me in, or is this just sloppy reporting?

As with heat syncope and heat cramps, the body temperature is usually normal in heat exhaustion. The heart rate (pulse rate) is normal or elevated. The skin is usually cold and clammy.

https://www.medicinenet.com/5_ways_to_recognize_a_heat-related_illness/views.htm

How horrible. My nephew was severely neglected by my sister and spent a few years recovering from brain damage due to a "drowning", but he fully recovered. I hope this child pulls through, he is young enough for the brain to rebulid.

Yes, thank G-d! This little guy is tough, cute, and looks a bit mischievous. Hoping he was released to those who will love, love, love him and provide a clean, safe place for him and his sibs.
So, so happy for him. What a little guy!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back