The Fall Of Kabul To The Taliban

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a horrible feeling that this number will increase.

Jennifer Griffin
@JenGriffinFNC

At least 10 US Service members killed, dozens of Americans wounded in suicide bomb attack at Abbey Gate in Kabul this morning.
Death toll of US service members likely to rise: US officials.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Two US officials say 11 Marines and a Navy medic were killed in the Afghanistan attacks.

Last edited:
I can't stop crying. As a Marine Corp mother, I know how it is to hear or see a fatal incident and wonder if the Corps is going to be knocking at your door. To hold your breath when a car drives up your street. I'm terrified my son will be called up. I'm angry. This did not have to happen.

Dear God please hold these family's close.

Moo...
Time to pack it up and move out. We are defeated, not enough resources to defend our troops and now the enemy has everything abandoned at Bagram Base. Not a chance to stay with out great loss.

I am very sorry for all the Americans trapped, but we have no way to save them, at this stage of the conflict.

Its kinda like a hurricane, governors beg citizens to evacuate and some wait to late or feel they can survive the storm. I'm not judging, just comparing.

All my opinion...

Praying for our troops!!!

where are the hospitals the injured can be taken to, are they still fully staffed? what happens to the injured US personnel?

I saw an interview with a British orthopaedic surgeon, next to surgical lights, in a facility at the airport, so UK/US military obviously have something set up. I'll add the link if I can remember where it came from.

ETA: I can't find the exact link, but the story was following up on the famous picture of the baby lifted over the wall. The military surgeon who was interviewed, was recounting how he had helped soothe the infant, as he was father himself. I just noted the background, and the fact that he was an orthopedic trauma surgeon. Since no link, JMO.

Last edited:
IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Statement by Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III on the Attack at Hamid Karzai International Airport

On behalf of the men and women of the Department of Defense, I express my deepest condolences to the loved ones and teammates of all those killed and wounded in Kabul today.

Terrorists took their lives at the very moment these troops were trying to save the lives of others.

We mourn their loss. We will treat their wounds. And we will support their families in what will most assuredly be devastating grief.

But we will not be dissuaded from the task at hand.

To do anything less -- especially now -- would dishonor the purpose and sacrifice these men and women have rendered our country and the people of Afghanistan.

Statement by Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III on the Attack at Hamid Karzai International Airport > U.S. Department of Defense > Release

I can't stop crying. As a Marine Corp mother, I know how it is to hear or see a fatal incident and wonder if the Corps is going to be knocking at your door. To hold your breath when a car drives up your street. I'm terrified my son will be called up. I'm angry. This did not have to happen.

Dear God please hold these family's close.

My heart goes out to you and all our military families. I had a daughter in military that did a tour in Iraq. I don't think my heart fully beat that year, I honestly think I held my breath half the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46