Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #79 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think whoever sent the link about Suzanne to JL knew of any affair. They attended the same school. That's enough commonality to provoke a classmate to notify JL.

What may be of interest is the content of a response, if any, that JL replied.

I'm sure most all of their classmates have chatted about SM missing, then Barry being charged with Murder 1.
My mom graduated from a small Indiana high school, 30 miles from Alexandria. Two weeks ago I attended her annual high school reunion with her as her +1.

I was truly amazed that she and her classmates knew where every single member of their graduating class lived, what they were doing, where they worked, volunteered, traveled, etc. Most of the class was in attendance, even some who had to travel some distance to get there. For the few who were not there the other classmates knew the reason: recent surgery, new grandchild, etc.

My graduating class was huge, and since I have moved away from that state I have no clue about any of my former classmates.

But seeing my mom’s small Indiana graduating class where each person was very involved or at least aware of every other classmate has given me an idea of how Suzanne’s classmates must have been connecting and discussing her disappearance.

I think she was very vulnerable, and he exploited it. If I recall correctly, there was a party for Suzanne in Indiana prior to the move...and JL showed up. I would speculate that conversation and nostalgia were stirred up at that point in time. He may have had puppy love feelings for Suzanne...but this was a fantasy relationship...built on deceit and "escapism". He used her....and liked what he was using. But after each get together (all 6)...he went home and rejoined his "gang" as if nothing happened. Hard to tell how long this would have continued, had Suzanne not disappeared...but, I would speculate that Suzanne would have eventually popped an ultimatum on Jeff....or simply ended it on her own when she realized she was chasing a rabbit. I can't help but think that Suzanne was left with some bitterness over her fight with cancer...and Barry's lack of emotional support and understanding. She fell out of love with Barry...and was trapped. Those two components were not lost on JL...they were his ticket to Suzanne's affections.

I'm not with understanding of the hatred toward JL as has been discussed here by many.

Nor do I feel JL was "using" Suzanne. It seems more likely that Suzanne was using JL bc she needed desperately needed love, affection and kindness.

Their chats about Ecuador were likely rooted in a dream bc Suzanne made it clear that she was staying in Salida until her youngest graduated.

I remain grateful that Suzanne was radiant with love during her last year on earth. However, I do not condone extramarital affairs and never had one myself.

I don't think JL felt, oh, how lucky am I that someone as gorgeous and lovely as Suzanne is wild about me. She had hooked up with him on at least one prior occasion when they were younger. I've seen an image of his half million $ home which is, to me, a great accomplishment when coupled with the cost of raising six children.

JL telling his family was likely the most difficult thing he's ever done.

All of this is includes my most humble opinion. Thank you for understanding.

I'm not with understanding of the hatred toward JL as has been discussed here by many.

Nor do I feel JL was "using" Suzanne. It seems more likely that Suzanne was using JL bc she needed desperately needed love, affection and kindness.

Their chats about Ecuador were likely rooted in a dream bc Suzanne made it clear that she was staying in Salida until her youngest graduated.

I remain grateful that Suzanne was radiant with love during her last year on earth. However, I do not condone extramarital affairs and never had one myself.

I don't think JL felt, oh, how lucky am I that someone as gorgeous and lovely as Suzanne is wild about me. She had hooked up with him on at least one prior occasion when they were younger. I've seen an image of his half million $ home which is, to me, a great accomplishment when coupled with the cost of raising six children.

I don’t have “hatred” toward JL but I think he acted in a cowardly manner by not going to LE after Suzanne disappeared.

It is quite possible his insight and information from his communications with Suzanne could have helped tremendously with the investigation.

ADMIN NOTE:

This thread is dedicated to discussion of Suzanne's case. Please stay on topic. Too many personal anecdotes and off-topic posts derail the thread and make it all about what you want to talk about and takes the focus off the victim in this discussion.

We have literally hundreds of threads that involve domestic violence, so please do not use this dedicated discussion for general discussion of domestic violence. It is a social issue that is not peculiar to this case. If you do a 'title' search just using the word 'violence' you will find many WS threads and resources related to domestic violence.

Also please note, copying song lyrics is a copyright violation unless you have the permission of the creator.

Thanks.

I wonder whether JL was ever truly planning to leave his wife and family for Suzanne.

Some of the texts released seem to be more a flirtatious or teasing manner, to me anyway.

Suzanne Morphew's married lover was featured alongside her husband Barry in the local paper in 1985 | Daily Mail Online

No I don't believe he ever intended to do so. Fed her some pipe dreams IMO. I'm not trying to throw stones at either one of them, I was just trying to use logic in a few of the instances leading up to her murder. Connecting a few dots that I couldn't understand until this information came out.

IMO the animosity toward JL was due to his apathetic and avoidant behavior when she went radio silent, which continued after he heard she was "missing". His immediate and continued reaction was self preservation, not one of love and concern. If he was that concerned about losing his family, he would not have become involved to begin with.

For me this is a lesser degree of BM's behavior. Imagine for a moment a person you "love" disappearing and instead of concern you delete their existence from your life to deflect problems.

I don't think anyone would disagree that imagining SM feeling some peace and HOPE in her final times was heart warming, she deserved that.
MOOI IMO

@Warwick7- Nope, not that i remember. I just recall that they talked about one plate. I will look at my notes when i get home. Had to work after all d/t sick call.

Just wondering if you recall the specific details about the cracked/damaged door frame of the master bedroom. I don't even know if it really matters much but only because I've seen it described in so many different ways I'm not sure I even know how bad the damage really was.

I wonder whether JL was ever truly planning to leave his wife and family for Suzanne.

Some of the texts released seem to be more a flirtatious or teasing manner, to me anyway.

Suzanne Morphew's married lover was featured alongside her husband Barry in the local paper in 1985 | Daily Mail Online
I don't get the feeling JL was really going to leave his wife and six children. Maybe JL and SM planned to continue their affair just as before. Once she divorced BM, they could still have their romantic getaways, exciting phone calls etc. SM would be free of BM and could live in Salida with her girls and still have the excitement of romantic getaways and phone calls.

IMO, he planned to carry on with his marriage, just as he had been doing during their affair. Whether SM realized that, I don't know...

JMO

Barry’s trip to Garfield Mine near Monarch was a quick “turn around” if I recall, on Sunday morning. I can’t help but feel this was an attempt to throw off investigators or to dispose of her phone perhaps? I don’t think we’ve fleshed this piece out enough. Does anyone have ideas as to why he would drive there just to turn around?

What I recall reading: BM admitted to turning left onto highway 50 out of his development instead of right toward Broomfield early Sunday morning.

He was asked where he turned around and he answered at the Garfield exit. (I haven't seen anything official saying he drove to a mine, just that that's the road where he turned around.)

He said he made this detour because he saw an elk and wanted to get a closer look to see if it was shedding antlers.

What others suspect as his actual reason for the detour was in order to place SM's helmet alongside the highway.

MOO

Just wondering if you recall the specific details about the cracked/damaged door frame of the master bedroom. I don't even know if it really matters much but only because I've seen it described in so many different ways I'm not sure I even know how bad the damage really was.
I think it does matter a good deal. If the damage is very obvious, then that's strong evidence of something violent happening at the house that weekend. If it's very minor, the defense will be able to argue that it's unrelated and might have existed for weeks/months.

A good hard kick at the door knob can do it. The only damage that will show is splintering around the door knob.

JMO

Can anyone repost the initial source of the door damage? What I recall is damage to the door jamb or trim, not to the door itself. MOO
Here is one:

. Rohrich noted that the door frame of the master bedroom looked like there had been a forced entry from outside of the room. He also found a .22 caliber unspent shell on Suzanne’s side of the bed.
[URL="https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/us/barry-morphew-fingernail-abrasions-cuts-scabbing-wife-suzanne-disappearance.amp"]Barry Morphew's hands had cuts; allegedly shed ‘crocodile tears’ over after wife Suzanne's disappearance[/URL]

Just cos LE found no evidence of BM having an affair, doesn't mean there wasn't one - if it wasn't for the spy pen there'd be no evidence of Suzanne's liasions with JL. Makes me consider the text BM sent Suzanne asking if she wanted to go for a hike - that could have been meant for someone else? This could explain him ignoring her when she asked where?
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member