UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lean more towards she left her property to stay over night somewhere the evening of the 18th , taking her work bag and straighteners etc with her.
I do not take anything specific from the dishes in the sink ..could be from any time.
Some times people put a Toothbrush in an overnight bag rather than take an electric one.

The only thing I'm unsure of is would it be possible for a car to pick her up without being caught on cctv?

I lean more towards she left her property to stay over night somewhere the evening of the 18th , taking her work bag and straighteners etc with her.
I do not take anything specific from the dishes in the sink ..could be from any time.
Some times people put a Toothbrush in an overnight bag rather than take an electric one.

The only thing I'm unsure of is would it be possible for a car to pick her up without being caught on cctv?

It seems most plausible to me that she left on the evening and took her stuff for work the next day with her. But, if she is as tidy as she is said to be, it doesn't make sense that she would leave for the night leaving a sink full of dishes. So, I feel like she may have had someone over for dinner (enough dishes and glasses for two if it isn't a reconstruction photo) and then maybe decided to leave for their place a bit spontaneously. Either way, it's odd that no-one is caught on CCTV entering or leaving.

Just some thoughts of my own. It's a VERY long time to live with a secret if someone was responsible for CL's disappearance and likely demise. There has been a huge amount of coverage, inevitable pressure as well as the family's agonising wait for news played out in the media. As far as I'm aware, there have been no concrete leads up until now. If it wasn't pre-planned then the person has been remarkably successful at covering their tracks. What runs through this person's veins? Ice?

Just some thoughts of my own. It's a VERY long time to live with a secret if someone was responsible for CL's disappearance and likely demise. There has been a huge amount of coverage, inevitable pressure as well as the family's agonising wait for news played out in the media. As far as I'm aware, there have been no concrete leads up until now. If it wasn't pre-planned then the person has been remarkably successful at covering their tracks. What runs through this person's veins? Ice?

The Police prepared a file for CPS, there must have been pretty strong evidence for them to arrest these men, even if it didn’t progress to court?

Last edited:
Sorry, I've been away for a few days caught up with family matters - could someone please summarise what, if anything, has been revealed since this latest event started? Have the police announced anything?

Yes, the police wanted to proceed to prosecution for murder for those arrested suspects. In that sense the police believed they had sufficiently 'solved' the case. But the CPS believed that the evidence wasn't sufficiently strong to warrant bringing to court. So the situation now will be that the police try to gather enough additional evidence to persuade the CPS to proceed in future. Or, and we must always consider this possibility, the police discover that their initial judgements on some or all of those suspects were wrong.

The Police prepared a file for CPS, there must have been pretty strong evidence for them to arrest these men, even if it didn’t progress to court?

She could have gone out of her back door-Car could then pick her up in Heworth Place (Out of Camera sight as with Alley-man) or Pub Car Park, whilst hard to negotiate, not insurmountable.
That is if she didn't want to be detected.

Or she could have gone to a house in `Heworth Place-out her back door , across alley and in theirs?

Pretty standard for someone who was part of the criminal underworld I would have thought-Little feelings.

I dont know its a real head scratcher. Just what do they have? because other than she she knew these people we have been given nothing to link them to events of the evening of the 18th or morning of the 19th.

The POI's are saying nothing. Even after the a CPS decided not to bring charges against them they said zilch not even a statement from a legal representative after the decision.

Whats the answer
Are they completely innocent. Did they conspire together to cause her harm OR Did they conspire together to help her get away?

just my opinions only

I doubt that CL made it home on the 18th. Her last sighting was at 3.05 pm and was probably given a lift by her lover where she was seen last. Her dirty dishes in the sink were probably from the St Patrick's night out.

Last edited:
Has anyone revisited the link with Christopher Halliwell? I found these articles.

North Yorks Enquirer | Trevaline Evans & Ann Heron: Was it Halliwell? Part 3

Of note are his links to fishing sites?

• locations near fishing sites.
  • Halliwell had a reason to be in the area for the purpose of fishing, sightseeing or work.
He is also a left handed smoker

Have a grieving mother and an ex-cop solved the eight-year murder mystery of Claudia Lawrence?

He also had sketches or places and trophy items and finally the DNA found on the cigarette in her car was male all of which you'd hope NYP have thoroughly investigated.

For balance I link the article below where NYP discredit the CH link using timeline differences. However, they only mention the fact that his father died in 1992 after links were made that his father lived near CL or PL. That's it?

Murderer Christopher Halliwell and the Claudia Lawrence search
The problem is there are huge inaccuracies in the article to the actual facts of Ann Heron's case.
The links to water and fishing are far-fetched and the MO stated in the article is stretched at best. The reason is that the authors have never spoken to the family at all. Had they of done they would realise how far off they are.

I wonder if these searches might be related to the human remains found near the M4 in July? Some suggestion these were to do with Halliwell as taxis would wait in the area, but the news has gone very quiet since. Were they found with other items for example that point to Claudia’s disappearance?

M4 humans remains search update

Perhaps they found something at Sand Hutton that they have linked to anther crime but the perpertrator of that crime had always denied a link to area, location or Claudia's disappearance.
I hesitate to mention Halliwell again but if I remember correctly the arms, and a skull of one of the victims remain unfound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans