UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky journalist, Gerald Tubb reported in 2015 that journalists had been threatened or warned off this story and that CL seemed to have some very dubious acquaintances despite her conventional upbringing. Is there a suggestion that some of these individuals in the frame had links with the criminal underworld?

@19thcenturynovel - was this push back not centered around malton rather than NH?

Sorry- can't work out how to delete the duplicate post!

I think Tubb did refer to Malton ("rural market town") in that quote. But many of the NH characters, and certainly some of the arrested suspects, had business / property/family in both York and Malton.

That’s the question I was going to ask of @Novosti (but was waiting to see if he deleted one of his duplicate posts). Afaik GT didn’t clarify from where the threats emanated.

Last edited:

I think Tubb did refer to Malton ("rural market town") in that quote. But many of the NH characters, and certainly some of the arrested suspects, had business / property/family in both York and Malton.

yes....I think he said he was sitting in a pub in malton when it. happened....but, of course, that doesn't mean the person came from Dalton

You can't delete posts as such. Just have to edit the content,so delete the script and replace it with Double post DBM or similar.

assuming claudia came to harm, I dont think we can say when it happened...she might have been having a good time and didn't. want to be interrupted or anything....again, assuming she. came. to harm, she may have gone somewhere willingly at any time and things turned nasty thereafter...if she was aware that someone had her number, she may have wanted to get away....to be honest, I dont really think she did willingly. go. a long. way off, but its possible...only my opinion

First time poster, what a great site and what a great thread from all the amazing contributors. Really, first class.

Here’s my two-penneth (all my humble opinion) based on what I’ve read:
In my humble opinion the police aren’t looking for anyone else, I opine they probably know who the 5 people involved are. It’s possible the 5th person may have been publicly defending the other 4 possibly because the 5th person may have killed CL and the 4 could potentially be accomplices who helped clean up the scene - being well versed in doing that. The 5th person could have been young, naïve and jealous. The 5th person may have been good friends with CL. The 5th person may have been or may continue to be in a relationship with one of the other 4?
CL being single could have had a fling with at least one of the other 4 and that one could have been or continue to be in a relationship with the 5th person. The 5th person could have found out about this, possibly when CL was drunk either told directly by CL or indirectly. This could be why CL was acting unusually and avoiding the NH and the 5th person.
The 5th person could have had means of accessing CL’s house - possibly by key if they had one from the past or possibly from one of the 4 who had a known obvious interest in locks. Maybe the 5th person had first hand experience of CL’s morning routine to make it look like CL had left in the morning. It’s possible the 5th person strangled CL with the hair straighteners cable in a fit of jealousy - over the fling. The other 4 may have helped the 5th person dispose of the body.
Perhaps the man and woman arguing are the 5th person and one of the other 4, possibly her lover, and they’re trying to come to terms with what’s happened and what to do next.

All of the above is all my humble opinion only.

Thank you to all the hard work which has gone before me.

Last edited:
In my opinion based on the little we know I think she came to harm overnight 18th or latest early morning 19th.
I can see someone ignoring messages etc overnight if in company but no need at all not to be in touch with work.
I feel "if" she was harmed in her own home I think the perp would want her out of her house ASAP and would have moved her out of the house that night if they had a car there.
It seems less likely to me she was abducted or attacked on her way to work because imo she would have replied to her texts

That’s the question I was going to ask of @Novosti (but was waiting to see if he deleted one of his duplicate posts). Afaik GT didn’t clarify from where the threats emanated.
With respect if I can just correct you @Blonderabbit the night she spent with the mystery man was the night of the 16th.Her conversation with David Oxer was on the 17th
David Oxer ! Who put him up to that story he enjoys with duping delight . Totally unbelievable then Anth Newby with the 40 lovers, And Martin Dales with Mystery cop boyfriend from a reliable source, a few good Friends. Well personally I think imo their all a little shifty to the point of lying especially SC. They do know more and perhaps it got a little to much for a Friend who excepted her when others wouldn't, Whatever . that . means. Perhaps She left York for good and and after PL sudden death could not stay silent and revealing now what she felt happened to her best friend and what she did know.

First time poster, what a great site and what a great thread from all the amazing contributors. Really, first class.

In my humble opinion the police aren’t looking for anyone else, I opine they probably know who the 5 people involved are. It’s possible the 5th person may have been publicly defending the other 4 possibly because the 5th person may have killed CL and the 4 could potentially be accomplices who helped clean up the scene - being well versed in doing that. The 5th person could have been young, naïve and jealous. The 5th person may have been good friends with CL. The 5th person may have been or may continue to be in a relationship with one of the other 4?
CL being single could have had a fling with at least one of the other 4 and that one could have been or continue to be in a relationship with the 5th person. The 5th person could have found out about this, possibly when CL was drunk either told directly by CL or indirectly. This could be why CL was acting unusually and avoiding the NH and the 5th person.
The 5th person could have had means of accessing CL’s house - possibly by key if they had one from the past or possibly from one of the 4 who had a known obvious interest in locks. Maybe the 5th person had first hand experience of CL’s morning routine to make it look like CL had left in the morning. It’s possible the 5th person strangled CL with the hair straighteners cable in a fit of jealousy - over the fling. The other 4 may have helped the 5th person dispose of the body.
Perhaps the man and woman arguing are the 5th person and one of the other 4, possibly her lover, and they’re trying to come to terms with what’s happened and what to do next.

That narrows it down a bit lol

I thought CL's possible relationship with 4th person was before 4th got together with 5th? I may well be wrong!

David Oxer ! Who put him up to that story he enjoys with duping delight . Totally unbelievable then Anth Newby with the 40 lovers, And Martin Dales with Mystery cop boyfriend from a reliable source, a few good Friends. Well personally I think imo their all a little shifty to the point of lying especially SC. They do know more and perhaps it got a little to much for a Friend who excepted her when others wouldn't, Whatever . that . means. Perhaps She left York for good and and after PL sudden death could not stay silent and revealing now what she felt happened to her best friend and what she did know.
Maybe they knew something a bit unsavoury about claudia, something they kept to themselves whilst her father was alive to avoid upsetting him any more than necessary, maybe now that excuse for keeping quiet has gone, a combination of guilt and stress has got them ralking

Maybe they knew something a bit unsavoury about claudia, something they kept to themselves whilst her father was alive to avoid upsetting him any more than necessary, maybe now that excuse for keeping quiet has gone, a combination of guilt and stress has got them ralking
Timing of Fox appeal in March for that person to make Contact again to his recent search Interview as he showed appreciation again for a person continuing to do so. I feel very much the timing of PL death is significant x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
translator