UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM - her mother is still alive, how has that excuse gone?
Think they were referring to her father as the reason - made sense to me. I feel with her father now sadly deceased, her mother has been allowed to become the spokesperson (no offence intended to her mum, but i get the impression they felt one spokesperson was enough and didn’t want to say the wrong thing- so stuck to whatever line police liaison suggested) and she’s at that point in her life she’s had enough and wants the truth- she’s much more vocal and critical/ seeking justifications about the police at the moment.

Think they were referring to her father as the reason - made sense to me. I feel with her father now sadly deceased, her mother has been allowed to become the spokesperson (no offence intended to her mum, but i get the impression they felt one spokesperson was enough and didn’t want to say the wrong thing- so stuck to whatever line police liaison suggested) and she’s at that point in her life she’s had enough and wants the truth- she’s much more vocal and critical/ seeking justifications about the police at the moment.
Yes, she’s been talking very frankly. I think it would be very risky for the police to keep her in the loop at the moment.

I bet the police are keeping an extremely close eye on the suspect(s).
They are either terrified right now or laughing IMO.

If the police are looking in the right place they’ll be quietly trying to work out which one of them has given the info.
That’s another thing I’m wondering about. Has one of them spoken out, and if so, are they safe or did the info come from another source. It seems that a neighbour who owned houses & businesses nearby and also had links to Cyprus passed away so possibly the info came from that person before they died or from their family. Just a thought.

First time poster, what a great site and what a great thread from all the amazing contributors. Really, first class.

Here’s my two-penneth (all my humble opinion) based on what I’ve read:
In my humble opinion the police aren’t looking for anyone else, I opine they probably know who the 5 people involved are. It’s possible the 5th person may have been publicly defending the other 4 possibly because the 5th person may have killed CL and the 4 could potentially be accomplices who helped clean up the scene - being well versed in doing that. The 5th person could have been young, naïve and jealous. The 5th person may have been good friends with CL. The 5th person may have been or may continue to be in a relationship with one of the other 4?
CL being single could have had a fling with at least one of the other 4 and that one could have been or continue to be in a relationship with the 5th person. The 5th person could have found out about this, possibly when CL was drunk either told directly by CL or indirectly. This could be why CL was acting unusually and avoiding the NH and the 5th person.
The 5th person could have had means of accessing CL’s house - possibly by key if they had one from the past or possibly from one of the 4 who had a known obvious interest in locks. Maybe the 5th person had first hand experience of CL’s morning routine to make it look like CL had left in the morning. It’s possible the 5th person strangled CL with the hair straighteners cable in a fit of jealousy - over the fling. The other 4 may have helped the 5th person dispose of the body.
Perhaps the man and woman arguing are the 5th person and one of the other 4, possibly her lover, and they’re trying to come to terms with what’s happened and what to do next.

All of the above is all my humble opinion only.

Thank you to all the hard work which has gone before me.
The 5th person does NOT look/ resemble Claudia and by quoting the sighting you are giving credence to it .The witness pointed out that the lady fitted the description of Claudia .
I still maintain all mentioned friends of Claudia had nothing to do with her disappearance IMO

there are three stages wed want to go through.....finding claudia, identifying those responsible and finding out the motive.

of course, ideally Claudias mother needs all three, but there have been so many rumours about claudia that the motive is. particularly important here...and why shed rather the perp was Halliwell rather than anyone else...as ive. said before, that way anything rumoured about claudia can have played no part

Yes, a serial killer is akin to an unfortunate encounter with a wild animal. It removes the complicated human elements.

there are three stages wed want to go through.....finding claudia, identifying those responsible and finding out the motive.

of course, ideally Claudias mother needs all three, but there have been so many rumours about claudia that the motive is. particularly important here...and why shed rather the perp was Halliwell rather than anyone else...as ive. said before, that way anything rumoured about claudia can have played no part

ive just read the mirrors report and realised ive misunderstood something

I thought that when the police said that. searching this area was one of the lines of enquiry they were following, this was the only one based on new. information....but the way its reported in the mirror, the new information has led them to several new lines of enquiry...so it. wasn't just a case of someone saying...youll find claudia or evidence in this area of wood and lake

The 5th person does NOT look/ resemble Claudia and by quoting the sighting you are giving credence to it .The witness pointed out that the lady fitted the description of Claudia .
I still maintain all mentioned friends of Claudia had nothing to do with her disappearance IMO

eye witnesses can be unreliable.
I think in this case it’s difficult for the police to believe anything anyone says as there is clearly missing information and mis-information being planted to stymie the investigation.
An eye witness description cannot be taken to be ‘established fact’ and it’s easy to adapt your appearance when you really need to. In my opinion

Ca
First time poster, what a great site and what a great thread from all the amazing contributors. Really, first class.

Here’s my two-penneth (all my humble opinion) based on what I’ve read:
In my humble opinion the police aren’t looking for anyone else, I opine they probably know who the 5 people involved are. It’s possible the 5th person may have been publicly defending the other 4 possibly because the 5th person may have killed CL and the 4 could potentially be accomplices who helped clean up the scene - being well versed in doing that. The 5th person could have been young, naïve and jealous. The 5th person may have been good friends with CL. The 5th person may have been or may continue to be in a relationship with one of the other 4?
CL being single could have had a fling with at least one of the other 4 and that one could have been or continue to be in a relationship with the 5th person. The 5th person could have found out about this, possibly when CL was drunk either told directly by CL or indirectly. This could be why CL was acting unusually and avoiding the NH and the 5th person.
The 5th person could have had means of accessing CL’s house - possibly by key if they had one from the past or possibly from one of the 4 who had a known obvious interest in locks. Maybe the 5th person had first hand experience of CL’s morning routine to make it look like CL had left in the morning. It’s possible the 5th person strangled CL with the hair straighteners cable in a fit of jealousy - over the fling. The other 4 may have helped the 5th person dispose of the body.
Perhaps the man and woman arguing are the 5th person and one of the other 4, possibly her lover, and they’re trying to come to terms with what’s happened and what to do next.

All of the above is all my humble opinion only.

Thank you to all the hard work which has gone before me.
n I ask if the sixth person knows the 5th person is responsible IMO ?
Ian Huntley and Vincent Tabak were very involved in searching, media etc even when they were guilty of the murders
tabak wasn’t. He had disappeared off. But there are cases like Huntley - tia sharp, the other one which I can picture but can’t think of her name - ransome woman

To be fair, reading this thread you'd assume everyone she'd ever met was involved.
Dan it’s likely there’s a number of people who either know or have strong suspicions but have never voiced them.
I think after all this time, they probably see themselves as invincible. Mentally in all this time they will have also moved on and have justified what happened in their heads repeatedly and over time
Those memories will have been corroded in favour of their actions - so feel no guilt or remorse.
I strongly disagree - there are studies on just this very point - it depends on your moral compass - let’s just take (the fifth person) to coin a phrase - it will be eating her alive - and there’s no way out apart from death. She cannot reveal anything on the others or she will be running for the rest of her life and if she keeps her mouth shut - prison time for a very long time I’d guess - if she comes out of prison alive it will be when she’s old and wrinkly having missed out on the best years of her life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member