UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
If CCTV is correctly time stamped; white coat man is shown on Limes cctv passing Heworth Place at 5.07. Police released the still image of what looks to be the same person outside Costcutter at the end of the street and said he was there at ten to 6?

I think some of. the cctv. timings were inaccurate...I dont know if this is correct or the details, but I know it has been strongly maintained

I read that on the night that SC and CL were due to meet at The Nags head, JK was working behind the bar.
At closing time they both left at the same time.
JK left with PR who was also in the pub also and they turned Left and passed CL house but did not check on her.
SC who lived in direction of Tang Hall, turned right and would not go past CL house.

But I agree, why would all 3 of them not go and knock. Unless of course they were worried that she had a visitor didn't want to spoil things.

However at circa 23:00 on the Thursday evening, CL had observed radio silence for 26 hours at this point.
CL the prolific tester had not been in touch since circa 21:00 the day before according to all records.

Perhaps she had messaged one of the 3 and for some reason they had not declared this?

If this was the case-Why
If they had not received a message for this long-why did they not investigate??

I'm not that surprised by this. From the comments that have been posted on the Facebook sites by them, I don't actually think they sound like they are very nice girls. I think SC has taken the hump with Claudia and thought 'screw her' for not turning up. If she can't be bothered to let me know, I'm going to show her that she isn't all that and not give her the satisfaction of knocking on her and showing her she was missed. I think this is also in line with the 'thanks for standing me up' message. It's not worried or concerned, it's put out.

I think she thought she was leaving Claudia to stew and probably only started to get genuinely concerned once it had gone on a while.

I don't really think either of the girls are actively involved in her disappearance though. They may have knowledge but I don't think they did anything.

Ddm

Agree the explanation is most likely to be this simple. Some of the theories on here are fascinating, but I'd be absolutely astonished if it really turned out to be some underworld gang, or a plot devised by a whole group of her friends. It's difficult to comprehend how and why something so terrible could happen with such ease.

Imo alleyman worked at the Nag's or lived on the street and was well known to Claudia. He set up 'bumping into' her as she left the house for work and offered her a lift. I'm guessing he said he was parked round the back of the Nag's, and led her down the pub's alley. Whether his car was there or not, or what happened beyond this point, who knows. Not totally ruling out white coat man's involvement. His presence so early, and the fact it apparently took him 45ish minutes to walk a small stretch of road, still seems unusual.

I dont know what the explanation is...but, if there was a drugs gang covering the patch....which is highly likely...these things do happen....not so very far fetched...depends. what claudia may or may not have done...im not saying thats the solution, but just that its not beyond the realms of possibility....the. question is still there why the police reacted so quickly

ive just thought of something....its probably not connected at all, so I won't go into detail

but....one of the more experienced posters said on the last thread that claudia. had connections to Newcastle....would that be in anyway connected. to stables. or horses

Who do you think? I'm new to this so are we able to say here?

Being honest, it doesn’t matter what I think. The NYP prepared the case for the detained suspects and they clearly felt strong enough to want to bring charges.
The crown court didn’t progress things probably as there was a lack of body and perhaps gaps in the evidence so the suspects were released.
That to me suggests they are quite confident who is guilty but don’t have everything needed to convict them. Regrettably they can’t come out to the public to try and place the suspects at a particular location or time. It could be that some of the suspects were being being charged with perverting justice.

Things like the Alleyman, do we know where he came from or headed afterwards? They have relatively good coverage from cctv. He may have exited CLs house and went around the back and then returned inside. There were also cctv cameras further around on Heworth Place so they most likely know where he went when out of shot of the cameras they shared the footage from.

Feels amazing to me none of them knocked given how close her house is to the pub, literally a minute walk so not like it's the other side of York and you then would shurg your shoulders at being stood up and try to get in touch next day to see what's going on.

Of course that could be the story they want you to believe....just feels a bit odd given how regular the meetings were and how close the friendship group was.

Interesting the article I read today about drained lake actually mentioned police want to find mobile phone and rucksack so could be sort of coded leak they have credible information at least one of the items is lurking somewhere in that area.

I’ve always been of the opinion she was abducted the morning of the 19th.

I think alley man went there the night before to check she was actually sleeping there that night and not somewhere else, was probably looking to see if lights were on. Once he had confirmation she was there he returned the following morning, again checked she hadn’t already left. Then returned to his car parked somewhere near the front of the house then lay in wait for her to leave for work.

I think alley man was known to her (either a lover or admirer) and has offered her a lift to work which she has reluctantly accepted.

I also believe there is only 1 perp involved. If it was 4 or 5 I genuinely think one of them would have slipped up by now or DNA from one of them would have been found somewhere.
I think it’s a good theory, why did the police focus on the Astra van? Could it if been his? What was happening outside Claudias at 9.01pm on the 18th? Why didn’t she reply to the Cyprus text? An avid texter but didn’t text again to anyone after 8.23pm on the 18th?

So White astra and SUV arrive on Heworth road around the same time ?

Both vehicles are parked and can be seen on the bus CCTV. They were pointing in different directions and not sure if they arrived at the same time.
The SUV was identified as leaving after 9:30 pm from memory?

I have mentioned this previously but the vehicle that really intrigues me is the white box van parked just beyond CLs pointing towards the NH. It can be seen on the bus cctv and appears parked with head lights on. The oncoming traffic towards the bus appears to have to swerve around the van into the middle of the road and path of the bus which also has to take a similar line to avoid the vehicles outside CLs house.

Was the driver sat in the van? Assume so if the lights were on. Could he have witnessed anything? It has always intrigued me

Both vehicles are parked and can be seen on the bus CCTV. They were pointing in different directions and not sure if they arrived at the same time.

I have mentioned this previously but the vehicle that really intrigues me is the white box van parked just beyond CLs pointing towards the NH. It can be seen on the bus cctv and appears parked with head lights on. The oncoming traffic towards the bus appears to have to swerve around the van into the middle of the road and path of the bus which also has to take a similar line to avoid the vehicles outside CLs house.

Was the driver sat in the van? Assume so if the lights were on. Could he have witnessed anything? It has always intrigued me
This style?AA98434F-0505-4538-B5B5-0D8F34722B61.jpeg

Yes I have payed attention to this vehicle. Wonder how long it was sat there !

Thanks for the link to that informative article! For some reason I wasn't aware (or completely forgot) about the planned meet up with her friends at the NH. It certainly is strange they didn't check up on her when she didn't show but at the same time, it could just be how they are - not overly concerned friends, "CL is an adult, she probably changed her plans" kind of mentality. I know there are some people who would immediately jump into action if this happened, but then there are others who won't look too much into it until a certain amount of time has passed with no contact. I think they're only "guilty" of being inconsiderate friends at most, but like tigerowl said it's unlikely they're actually involved in her disappearance.

What stood out to me in that article is how the pub landlord was commenting on the state of CL's house after he and PL entered; he seemed to recognise that everything was in their place, that it looked like she had just left for work as normal, etc. Was he a close friend that had been over before? How would he know these somewhat intimate details of her house?

Thanks for the link to that informative article! For some reason I wasn't aware (or completely forgot) about the planned meet up with her friends at the NH. It certainly is strange they didn't check up on her when she didn't show but at the same time, it could just be how they are - not overly concerned friends, "CL is an adult, she probably changed her plans" kind of mentality. I know there are some people who would immediately jump into action if this happened, but then there are others who won't look too much into it until a certain amount of time has passed with no contact. I think they're only "guilty" of being inconsiderate friends at most, but like tigerowl said it's unlikely they're actually involved in her disappearance.

What stood out to me in that article is how the pub landlord was commenting on the state of CL's house after he and PL entered; he seemed to recognise that everything was in their place, that it looked like she had just left for work as normal, etc. Was he a close friend that had been over before? How would he know these somewhat intimate details of her house?
CL often invited people over from the NH after closing time . Also she at times had done it ie no show !

looking at Images in the press this eve, just heartbreaking ❤️:(

Attachments

• 9B558E10-007E-47CE-83C2-1A466FDAC222.jpeg
    9B558E10-007E-47CE-83C2-1A466FDAC222.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 338
  • 35A6F177-7048-43CF-BA97-353BAECAC34A.jpeg
    35A6F177-7048-43CF-BA97-353BAECAC34A.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 331
  • EE8665F1-A7E4-4EFD-965F-0855D56288BE.jpeg
    EE8665F1-A7E4-4EFD-965F-0855D56288BE.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 331
  • 91888E87-1DCA-4CF9-A6B0-C509FE144CEC.jpeg