UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link to that informative article! For some reason I wasn't aware (or completely forgot) about the planned meet up with her friends at the NH. It certainly is strange they didn't check up on her when she didn't show but at the same time, it could just be how they are - not overly concerned friends, "CL is an adult, she probably changed her plans" kind of mentality. I know there are some people who would immediately jump into action if this happened, but then there are others who won't look too much into it until a certain amount of time has passed with no contact. I think they're only "guilty" of being inconsiderate friends at most, but like tigerowl said it's unlikely they're actually involved in her disappearance.

What stood out to me in that article is how the pub landlord was commenting on the state of CL's house after he and PL entered; he seemed to recognise that everything was in their place, that it looked like she had just left for work as normal, etc. Was he a close friend that had been over before? How would he know these somewhat intimate details of her house?
Suzy was with them, perhaps mentioned what was and wasn’t in the right place. I read and not sure how true, GF and CL would sometimes have lock ins just the two of them, and he would go back to Claudia for drinks after closing time. The slippers were unusual, but a prank gift granny slippers by suzy to Claudia. But no idea why placed at the fire like that x

Why is the person only seen in snippets then. They would not be edited out surely. I know a case where police done that recently, but only as they established and wanted to keep their identity x

Yes its due to the editing

I find it really suspicious of the police that they gave the friend from the NH, who is involved romantically with one of the four who arrested a few years ago, a heads up before they even bothered to alert Claudia's own mother.

The coppers either think they know with near certainty what they're going to find and can afford to be this brass (perhaps even misunderestimating their intel in the process and will find nothing), playing a complete blinder doing the whole 'psychological' thing hoping someone will become spooked enough to spill some beans (a technique that has already been tried and never worked btw) or they're just incredibly corrupt and passing on some juicy exclusive intel to a certain company director, his brother and their two friends so they can cover their tracks (thinking along the lines of several other botched police investigations where they were alleged to be a bit too friendly with the accused, the Damien Nettles case springs to mind).

Last edited:
I find it really suspicious of the police that they gave the friend from the NH, who is involved romantically with one of the four who arrested a few years ago, a heads up before they even bothered to alert Claudia's own mother.

The coppers either think they know with near certainty what they're going to find and can afford to be this brass (perhaps even misunderestimating their intel in the process and will find nothing), playing a complete blinder doing the whole 'psychological' thing hoping someone will become spooked enough to spill some beans (a technique that has already been tried and never worked btw) or they're just incredibly corrupt and passing on some juicy exclusive intel to a certain company director, his brother and their two friends so they can cover their tracks (thinking along the lines of several other botched police investigations where they were alleged to be a bit too friendly with the accused, the Damien Nettles case springs to mind).
Yes it’s possible Jen was making a point they knew and were being told when and why searches were taking place. Who told them and surprised if Joan kept in the dark, which is fair enough imo. But if telling friends then really I would be furious. What exactly is going on as I don’t believe such searches are taking place with no evidence and good evidence at that, hmm x

Yes it’s possible Jen was making a point they knew and were being told when and why searches were taking place. Who told them and surprised if Joan kept in the dark, which is fair enough imo. But if telling friends then really I would be furious. What exactly is going on as I don’t believe such searches are taking place with no evidence and good evidence at that, hmm x

i believe it is the police “shaking the tree” the suspects may be under surveillance and vehicles bugged. The heads up to JK may be the start of it to see what happens. IMO

I think it was a more modern type as the old LDVs had candles for headlights. I was thinking more Renault but haven’t seen the clip for a while.

Makes me wonder if this was linked to the thinking that CL absconded to Cyprus in the back of a van. The van/s were being collected from Scotland and driven back to Cyprus. Did NYP see CLs text to the chap in Cyprus on the 18th as a coded message?

Thankks Vixey I have that one just out of interest I looked up nose touching under reading body language

Nose Touching –
Someone may touch or slightly rub their nose if they are doubtful about what is being said or if they are rejecting an idea. Rubbing the nose may also be a sign of deceit because the person is uncomfortable with what they are saying. ... When a person looks directly upwards they are often simply thinking.6 Mar 2018

What does your body language say about you? - Creativedge ...

yes, I know we had a discussion. about dan....when we did, someone who knew a. lot about Claudius life said that that wasn't the only strong link she had with Newcastle
none of us reacted....I assumed some of the others knew about it, but I just kept it in mind.
last night there were reports coming in of the skeletal remains of an adult found buried near a stables near Newcastle....realise this. is probably irrelevant, but thought id mention it
sorry, ill be quiet now

I dont know what the explanation is...but, if there was a drugs gang covering the patch....which is highly likely...these things do happen....not so very far fetched...depends. what claudia may or may not have done...im not saying thats the solution, but just that its not beyond the realms of possibility....the. question is still there why the police reacted so quickly

I did promise to be quiet, but just adding detail....I was. staying with friends on the Lincolnshire coast a few years ago when a pensioner couple were killed in a neighbouring village
their son...who they'd virtually disowned...was part of. a drugs gang and. there'd been some kind of trouble with another gang....he was in prison so they couldn't touch him, so they'd killed his innocent parents instead.
all im saying. is that its possible...if claudia had been involved with a member of a drugs gang in some way, they could have put pressure on her friends to help clear up

just saying.......

yes, I know we had a discussion. about dan....when we did, someone who knew a. lot about Claudius life said that that wasn't the only strong link she had with Newcastle
none of us reacted....I assumed some of the others knew about it, but I just kept it in mind.
last night there were reports coming in of the skeletal remains of an adult found buried near a stables near Newcastle....realise this. is probably irrelevant, but thought id mention it
sorry, ill be quiet now

It could well be relevant remember Fox said in his press conference that they had other 'active' lines of enquiry
I think a lot of people will be surprised of the outcome in all this

JMO

Thankks Vixey I have that one just out of interest I looked up nose touching under reading body language

Nose Touching –
Someone may touch or slightly rub their nose if they are doubtful about what is being said or if they are rejecting an idea. Rubbing the nose may also be a sign of deceit because the person is uncomfortable with what they are saying. ... When a person looks directly upwards they are often simply thinking.6 Mar 2018

What does your body language say about you? - Creativedge ...
Yes did take note of that last time they spoke ! very uncomfortable imo x

Everythings up in the air at the moment. Who knows how things will fall.. its a waiting game.

Has there ever been any suggestion that Alleyman could have been a voyeur? I assume the bathrooms would have been at the back of those terraced houses and it was dark on both occasions he was near there. Just a thought
the bathroom was at ground level and in the extended part of the cottage, It may have had a skylight but Alley-man when shown wasn't out of sight long enough to climb up and peep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer