NY NY - Amanda Wienckowski, 20, Buffalo, 5 Dec 2008

Leslie, welcome to Websleuths. I'm local and have kept up with Amanda's story since she was found. There are no words.

May I ask -- have any of Amanda's belongings turned up anywhere? I've read that nothing of hers was in the house when you went looking for her despite having moved in with a decent amount of her things.

Leslie, welcome to Websleuths. I'm local and have kept up with Amanda's story since she was found. There are no words.

May I ask -- have any of Amanda's belongings turned up anywhere? I've read that nothing of hers was in the house when you went looking for her despite having moved in with a decent amount of her things.

Thank you for keeping up on the case. It has been hard to keep the momentum going. 12 years is a long time.

When Amanda moved in with Adam Patterson, she moved in two truckloads of her stuff. It was only going to be for a short time because my other daughter Carolee was about to move back from Vegas. So Amanda was just staying on Adam's couch and was storing her things in his house. I know this because I helped her move it all in.

When I found out she was missing on December 7, 2008, I went to Adam's house first. When I got there, all there was of Amanda's was her purse and her phone charger. Everything else was gone. None of it has ever been found.

The only items of Amanda's that are known to still exist besides her purse and phone charger are the pieces of jewelry she was wearing when her body was found. It was a little cross necklace, her belly button piercing, and three earrings. One of her ear piercings was empty. It was a CZ stud. There was a CZ stud found in Antoine Garner's house by police when they searched it.

I have proof of everything I've said from the police reports and the medical examiner's reports. I'm not sure what the rules are. Should I post a link to those here? <modsnip: not an approved source>

Hey everyone,

Sorry it has taken a while, but amandasmom has now been approved as a Verified family member in Amanda's case discussion.

As a VI, amandasmom does not have to provide links to inside information that she provides or anything that she states as fact. In all other respects, VIs are held to the same TOS as regular members. As a VI, amandasmom can directly upload any and all documents in her possession.

Please treat our VI with respect at all times, and you are welcome to ask her questions and it is up to her if she wishes to answer them. If there is anything you disagree with, please do not challenge a VI or argue with them. It is up to individual members how much weight to assign to the information presented. If you disagree, just scroll and roll without being disrespectful or argumentative.

Thank you to amandasmom and all others for being here to discuss Amanda's case.

Leslie -- as a local, how can I help the most?

Without revealing too much I am relatively close to the DeJac/Giambra cases and 100% aware of the former ME's blatant failings, to put it as politely as possible. It's disgusting and outrageous. Amanda has deserved better from day one.

Hey everyone,

Sorry it has taken a while, but amandasmom has now been approved as a Verified family member in Amanda's case discussion.

As a VI, amandasmom does not have to provide links to inside information that she provides or anything that she states as fact. In all other respects, VIs are held to the same TOS as regular members. As a VI, amandasmom can directly upload any and all documents in her possession.

Please treat our VI with respect at all times, and you are welcome to ask her questions and it is up to her if she wishes to answer them. If there is anything you disagree with, please do not challenge a VI or argue with them. It is up to individual members how much weight to assign to the information presented. If you disagree, just scroll and roll without being disrespectful or argumentative.

Thank you to amandasmom and all others for being here to discuss Amanda's case.

Thank you!

Leslie -- as a local, how can I help the most?

Without revealing too much I am relatively close to the DeJac/Giambra cases and 100% aware of the former ME's blatant failings, to put it as politely as possible. It's disgusting and outrageous. Amanda has deserved better from day one.

Thank you for saying that. It's nice to meet another Buffalo resident. Yes, the ME's office really has had some problems to say the least. For example, Amanda's autopsy report has four signatures on it. Has anyone here ever seen an autopsy report with four signatures on it?

The best way to help is to put pressure on our civil servants in Buffalo to take a look at the case. There wasn't an overdose. If my daughter, who was a heroin addict but was seeking treatment, had overdosed, there would be 6-monoacetylmorphine (a.k.a. 6-MAM) in her urine. Erie County's toxicology report shows no 6-MAM. See the attached toxicology report.

Attachments

• 2009.01.27 - Erie County Toxicology Report (Searchable).pdf
    120.5 KB · Views: 8
Dr. Comparini didn't do toxicology at the second autopsy because Amanda's body had been embalmed at that point. We do have three toxicology reports, though. All of them were done by Erie County. The initial report was done on January 27, 2009. Then two supplemental reports were done on April 6, 2009 and October 2, 2009.

The results for gamma hydroxybutyrate came back on the supplemental report from April 6, 2009. The level of GHB in Amanda's bile was 10.7 mg/L. The level of GHB in the first sample of her blood was 17.6 mg/L, and the second sample of blood was 18.0 mg/L.

There were at least two people who said they were witnesses to her murder who said that Garner slipped something into an alcoholic drink that was given to Amanda. But when I talk to toxicologists about it, they tell me the levels of GHB in her system are what would be expected to occur naturally after her death. Also, the ethanol level they detected in her blood and urine was only 0.03% w/v. She had had a drink at the bar before she left, which was at about 4:00PM. The toxicologists I've talked to have told me that at that level of ethanol they don't think she had an alcoholic beverage at Antoine's house.

So, I think those "witnesses" are either deliberately lying or they were high or drunk at the time and couldn't remember perfectly.

Dr. Comparini didn't do toxicology at the second autopsy because Amanda's body had been embalmed at that point. We do have three toxicology reports, though. All of them were done by Erie County. The initial report was done on January 27, 2009. Then two supplemental reports were done on April 6, 2009 and October 2, 2009.

The results for gamma hydroxybutyrate came back on the supplemental report from April 6, 2009. The level of GHB in Amanda's bile was 10.7 mg/L. The level of GHB in the first sample of her blood was 17.6 mg/L, and the second sample of blood was 18.0 mg/L.

There were at least two people who said they were witnesses to her murder who said that Garner slipped something into an alcoholic drink that was given to Amanda. But when I talk to toxicologists about it, they tell me the levels of GHB in her system are what would be expected to occur naturally after her death. Also, the ethanol level they detected in her blood and urine was only 0.03% w/v. She had had a drink at the bar before she left, which was at about 4:00PM. The toxicologists I've talked to have told me that at that level of ethanol they don't think she had an alcoholic beverage at Antoine's house.

So, I think those "witnesses" are either deliberately lying or they were high or drunk at the time and couldn't remember perfectly.

My wife is from Tonawanda and knew Amanda. So sad. And so amazing that Public officials have been able to answer these questions the way they have with a straight face

My wife is from Tonawanda and knew Amanda. So sad. And so amazing that Public officials have been able to answer these questions the way they have with a straight face

Thank you, MemphisTruth. They continue to ignore her no matter how much noise I make. I hope that will change soon.

Thank you all for posting the link to the story Leanne Stuck did with me about the Article 78 I filed against Erie County and the Erie County Medical Examiner's office. In the interview that Leanne did with District Attorney John Flynn, he said, "There is evidence to show that the first autopsy is not entirely correct. … The family's civil attorney has some ammunition to go forward in getting the autopsy report changed."

This is the first time in 12 years and nine months that anyone in Erie County government has acknowledged the problems with Dr. Vertes's report. I feel elated but cautious.

Our hearing happens this Friday. I'm not sure what to expect. It could just be that motions are filed and things are pushed back, or it could be that the judge hears us out. I'm just not sure.

Thank you for keeping up on the case. It has been hard to keep the momentum going. 12 years is a long time.

When Amanda moved in with Adam Patterson, she moved in two truckloads of her stuff. It was only going to be for a short time because my other daughter Carolee was about to move back from Vegas. So Amanda was just staying on Adam's couch and was storing her things in his house. I know this because I helped her move it all in.

When I found out she was missing on December 7, 2008, I went to Adam's house first. When I got there, all there was of Amanda's was her purse and her phone charger. Everything else was gone. None of it has ever been found.

The only items of Amanda's that are known to still exist besides her purse and phone charger are the pieces of jewelry she was wearing when her body was found. It was a little cross necklace, her belly button piercing, and three earrings. One of her ear piercings was empty. It was a CZ stud. There was a CZ stud found in Antoine Garner's house by police when they searched it.

I have proof of everything I've said from the police reports and the medical examiner's reports. I'm not sure what the rules are. Should I post a link to those here? <modsnip: not an approved source>

quote When I found out she was missing on December 7, 2008, I went to Adam's house first. When I got there, all there was of Amanda's was her purse and her phone charger. Everything else was gone. None of it has ever been found. end of quote.

I would bet at the time, her stuff was put in storage bin. Somewhere close to where she was staying. May have been sold as an unclaimed unit if the rent was not paid on it. See if the place is still there and check the records to see if someone you know in all this had a unit there.

Hello everybody. I wanted to give you an update on things.

I filed what's called an Article 78 lawsuit against Erie County and the Erie County Medical Examiner's Office because we uncovered new evidence in Amanda's case that we presented to Erie County. They ignored us completely. So, we were forced to file the lawsuit to compel their action. Well, a local reporter did a story on the lawsuit and interviewed the district attorney, who we did not include in the lawsuit. In the interview, he said something I've been waiting nearly 13 years to hear from anyone in Erie County government: that the first autopsy has problems. Here's the new report:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back