UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went and had a look.
There’s nothing there and the trees are not shaped as they are in the image posted.

Interestingly, if you use google maps but DON’T put in the co-ordinates provided by Mark121212 you can see there’s nothing there. If you put the co-ordinates in - there it is.

I feel like I’ve been cruelly pranked by a computer whizz :(
How odd. I’m still seeing it from a “York University” search on Google Maps.

I suppose if decomposition took place at the site some soil would hold forensic evidence.
As you point out though Cortina if the body was moved it might have transferred material with it

JMO

I wasn't really thinking about transferred material....although thats. a possibility....more that that could be a reason why there may not be skeletal remains...if the body was burnt, the ashes may have been buried...but again, I think it would have been very difficult to get away with burning it

So I went and had a look.
There’s nothing there and the trees are not shaped as they are in the image posted.

Interestingly, if you use google maps but DON’T put in the co-ordinates provided by Mark121212 you can see there’s nothing there. If you put the co-ordinates in - there it is.

I feel like I’ve been cruelly pranked by a computer whizz :(

No its still there if you look without the co-ordinates. The York Maze was along there until it moved in 2009 across the other side of the A64, this was due to the University of York’s Heslington East expansion. I think that is probably what this is.

No its still there if you look without the co-ordinates. The York Maze was along there until it moved in 2009 across the other side of the A64, this was due to the University of York’s Heslington East expansion. I think that is probably what this is.
If it is a Google gag it’s quite a meticulously worked one - it appears on Google Earth historical satellite images as far back as 2012 at various stage of growth and in various states of repair - seems to have been trimmed/squared up 2018/19.

Is that Big bag in the same place they dug the three foot hole the other day?
I think that was somewhere along the original “silage pit” strip - though the press makes a good job of confusing things.

If the black plastic/bin bag was significant I’m pretty sure there would already be a tent put up over it. MOO though.

That would make sense. The crucifix looks like hedge topiary rather than trees. I’d guess it’s the last bit of the old maze.

That would make sense. The crucifix looks like hedge topiary rather than trees. I’d guess it’s the last bit of the old maze.
Yes, it looks more hedge than tree-like, but the maze was in the next field across to the west (shows in 2002-3 images). This was originally an arable field, then the velodrome (and road to it) were built on part of it leaving an area of scrub next to the A64.

Mod Note:

If you have a concern regarding a fellow poster, please reach out to a Mod or Admin by using the report link at the bottom of any post or by sending a PM. We will look into your concerns. Several posts have been removed for discussing fellow posters.

I don't see that as a def he's not on his own. More like position of his legs and a ruck sack/bag

Agreed. What you see protruding is either a rucksack slung over his shoulder or his bent arm/elbow (adjusting his clothes, hand in pocket, etc). He's not walking at all like he has someone with him and you certainly can't see anyone else there. I think some people just want to fit the footage around their own theories... But hey, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong :p It just doesn't appear to be two people to me

I think that was somewhere along the original “silage pit” strip - though the press makes a good job of confusing things.

If the black plastic/bin bag was significant I’m pretty sure there would already be a tent put up over it. MOO though.

It's not binbags, they are tyres. Outline gives that appearance but you can see the individual tyres

Agreed. What you see protruding is either a rucksack slung over his shoulder or his bent arm/elbow (adjusting his clothes, hand in pocket, etc). He's not walking at all like he has someone with him and you certainly can't see anyone else there. I think some people just want to fit the footage around their own theories... But hey, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong :p It just doesn't appear to be two people to me
Totally agree!

Tricia is currently in the UK and covered the Claudia Lawrence case in her podcast just a few hours ago.

This thread is open again for responsible discussion, and as long as our members can post in accordance with TOS, it will remain open.

Please remember our rules because excessive violations are what cause thread closures. We don't like having to do that but we only have a few Mods who are very busy with hundreds of other cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong