Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Clarkes book now available on amazon

Released today on Amazon, it details the German’s grim early upbringing, his first offences and exactly how he fled justice by going to Portugal at just 18, with his then-girlfriend Silke.
Shall we all club together and buy a copy? ;)

I expect it'll be online or serialised at some point, perhaps in The Sun or his own Olive Press maybe.

Think you can download some free snippets if you have kindle, I don't have that though

So I read the freebie

It explains how he and Lori Campbell derailed the investigation by fitting up RM instead of doing their job as reporters

Amazing the brass neck of UK tabloid reporters

So I read the freebie

It explains how he and Lori Campbell derailed the investigation by fitting up RM instead of doing their job as reporters

Amazing the brass neck of UK tabloid reporters

Had you read the whole book, you'd realise that investigating Murat led to SM who led to Alison who shares her christian name with an ex of CB & may be the same Alison who made a call to police about material on a computer at SM's. The clues may have been in the files all along.

I hope this is allowed. Feel free to give me a swift boot up the hole if not, Mods.

MY SEARCH FOR MADELEINE: One Reporter’s 14-Year Hunt To Solve Europe’s Most Harrowing Crime

The free excerpt for anyone interested that doesn’t have Kindle.

Thanks for this, @Betty_Boop88 , much appreciated. :cool:

I'm really not impressed with what I've read. Apart from the wholly unnecessary and indulgent focus on himself and his family and his 'superior' lifestyle, he utilises every biased and really unpleasant cliche as far as 'Johnny Foreigner' is concerned.

I've only read the extract, but the amount of 'him' in it tells me to lower my expectations as far as wanting/hoping the rest of this book will provide anything remotely useful in terms of moving the case against CB forward.

Thanks for this, @Betty_Boop88 , much appreciated. :cool:

I'm really not impressed with what I've read. Apart from the wholly unnecessary and indulgent focus on himself and his family and his 'superior' lifestyle, he utilises every biased and really unpleasant cliche as far as 'Johnny Foreigner' is concerned.

I've only read the extract, but the amount of 'him' in it tells me to lower my expectations as far as wanting/hoping the rest of this book will provide anything remotely useful in terms of moving the case against CB forward.

I’m struggling with it at parts because a lot of it is very self-serving.
He also basically accuses RW of being involved in a child sex ring run out of NF’s house, simply because - from what I can tell - RW supported Amaral’s handling of the case and lived next door. RW died in 2017 and can no longer defend himself. That’s pretty disgusting “journalism”, IMO.

ETA - there are a few interesting tidbits throughout, some of it was new to me although maybe not to others. But the writing itself is hard to stomach at times.

Last edited:
I’m struggling with it at parts because a lot of it is very self-serving.
He also basically accuses RW of being involved in a child sex ring run out of NF’s house, simply because - from what I can tell - RW supported Amaral’s handling of the case and lived next door. RW died in 2017 and can no longer defend himself. That’s pretty disgusting “journalism”, IMO.

ETA - there are a few interesting tidbits throughout, some of it was new to me although maybe not to others. But the writing itself is hard to stomach at times.

^ BIB - It really is. So much for Clarke trying to paint himself as some objective truth-bringing maverick.

So you've read it all, Betty? Without asking you for chapter and verse of the rest of the book, do you think it furthered the case against CB as regards MM in any way? Or is it just as it sounds, Clarke taking all that's known and dressing it up as new news with him at the crucial centre of it?

^ BIB - It really is. So much for Clarke trying to paint himself as some objective truth-bringing maverick.

So you've read it all, Betty? Without asking you for chapter and verse of the rest of the book, do you think it furthered the case against CB as regards MM in any way? Or is it just as it sounds, Clarke taking all that's known and dressing it up as new news with him at the crucial centre of it?

Definitely the latter. It’s basically just a book of character development (sorry, JC!). You learn a bit more about the backgrounds/lives of some of the main players but there’s nothing major in it.

One bit I did find interesting was JC’s visit to Tunnels Restaurant in Alcossebre, Spain. There are people in that town that are still convinced to this day that they saw MM with CB in that restaurant, then leaving and getting into his Westfalia together. They were so convinced that they wrote down the German plates. They seem credible, and they reckon he’s been there since that day - though, why they didn’t call the cops anytime they saw him after that when they felt the need to at the time, and why JC doesn’t ask this of them, I don’t know. Most frustratingly, he tells us what that plate number was but there’s no follow up. Zero mention of it after that.
Later, JC talks to HCW and he asks British tourists who were in Portugal and Spain at the time of her disappearance to go through their holiday pictures/videos. “I cannot tell you exactly what we are looking for, but of course the best thing would be a photo of Madeleine on it, then we would know who she was with.”
I can’t help but think the link to Spain and possibly the Alcossebre sighting could be legit. Or at least, JC wants us to think there’s a legit link.

Strangely, what’s convinced me most of CB’s guilt was HCWs reaction to JC bringing up the letter where CB called the whole thing “scandalous” and for HCW to resign;
“When I put this to Wolters he laughed out loud and continued to say they had ‘concrete evidence’ that Brueckner was guilty and that it would ‘just take more time to conclude the case.’

Pretty blasé from the prosecutor there :rolleyes:

Also, NF gets put across as some sort of Mafiosa. Doesn’t speak to her father anymore, he thinks she’s up to her eyeballs in it. Anytime journos knock on her door the neighbours gang up on them, start making phone calls and these heavies show up out of nowhere. The cops also get involved so chances are the heavies are cops. HCW makes a point of stressing that she’s just a witness and not a suspect… Then goes on to say his department are investigating the 100,000€ robbery. Bit strange just. No one else seems to be as well protected.

If nothing else, it was a good refresher for me after having been away from the forum for so long!

@Betty_Boop88 , Thanks so much for that and your impressions/conclusions.

It really does seem like a cynical and very self-serving money-maker on JC's part.

Just a comment on this:
Strangely, what’s convinced me most of CB’s guilt was HCWs reaction to JC bringing up the letter where CB called the whole thing “scandalous” and for HCW to resign; “When I put this to Wolters he laughed out loud and continued to say they had ‘concrete evidence’ that Brueckner was guilty and that it would ‘just take more time to conclude the case.’

The problem with this is that (a) JC is, we now know for a fact, an unreliable witness, and we don't know whether HCW laughed out loud or laughed nervously or even laughed at all, and (b) HCW has been saying this for the best part of a year and a half now with absolutely nothing concrete to show for it.

Had JC reported that HCW responded in a professionally neutral manner in response to JC's ref to CB's mocking of him, that imo would have distanced HCW from JC's obvious sensationalism drive and allowed him some degree of professionalism.

Last edited:
JC book mentions he read some info about CB and possible therapy at Uchtspringe/Diakoniewerk on the “excellent online crime portal Websleuths”

CB didn't took any therapy at Uchtspringe/Diakoniewerk EVER. I did bother to PROPERLY check that last year and it was quite easy to get that info from official sources. Too bad JC "trusts" all random stuff that is written on WS by random posters even more when it's written with the sole intent of linking CB with case from where he was officaly excluded (even by the ones claiming he did kill MM) ....

Last edited:
Shall we all club together and buy a copy? ;)

No. It's quite appalling to make money at the cost of the misery/tragedy of others and even more when providing myths/lies without any solid base instead of facts.

Save the money for something better.

@Betty_Boop88 , Thanks so much for that and your impressions/conclusions.

It really does seem like a cynical and very self-serving money-maker on JC's part.

Just a comment on this:

The problem with this is that (a) JC is, we now know for a fact, an unreliable witness, and we don't know whether HCW laughed out loud or laughed nervously or even laughed at all, and (b) HCW has been saying this for the best part of a year and a half now with absolutely nothing concrete to show for it.

Had JC reported that HCW responded in a professionally neutral manner in response to JC's ref to CB's mocking of him, that imo would have distanced HCW from JC's obvious sensationalism drive and allowed him some degree of professionalism.

Very valid, @Anxala!

For me on all of this JC "trash" (one only needs to check the index of the book to see all of those usual "myths" or rings abducting children in Portugal with the cover up of police forces, etc) the only thing that makes me "think" is the sighting of the man with the little girl entering the van. License plates wouldn't matter as CB or anyone else could change it. What matters is if the PJ did make a good job in ruling them out or not.
IF PJ did properly traced the man and the girl and was able to check ID card/s + talk to the girl and confirm it was not MM then all of JC "talk" is just "junk".
Hopefully PJ did check properly and did not just traced the guy and believed his version of "she is my daughter".
If police traced the guy by license plate it's quite plausible to assume the license plates were correct otherwise police wouldn't trace the van.
The fact that the guy talk to the girl in German wouldn't make sense as MM wouldn't know German and the guy was talking in English on the phone so he would use English to the girl as well.
For me the sighting was not MM.
It's also a little bit "odd" that CB would take MM to a restaurant when the entire world did know that she was kidnapped but it's not impossible as this exact same thing did happen with at least another missing little girl that ended up rescued because someone at a restaurant did recognize her so yes, it's possible but not very likely... At any rate it rests on what the police did to exclude/rule out the girl as MM and unfortunately there aren't that many details on the posted PJ files of the procedure used to ruled her out but I strongly believe that if they were able to trace the van by the license plate then the ID/License plates were correct and the name of the owner would match the registration of the van so police could find him. If so the man was not CB.

Personally the more "noise" the media makes surrounding CB the more I think he is innocent of the MM case.... That's because if HCW were to have so sure that CB is guilty as he say then there wouldn't be the need to be on the press all the time making all of those requests for info that they know that they will never have and even more saying that the last pieces of the puzzle might be with the old girlfriend and then with the 2 Russians and then with someone else, etc ... they keep searching different paths/things. If they didn't get what they needed when CB became popular (when HCW did make the first announcement he was suspect on MM case) it's very unlikely they will get any reliable new info now. All that they will get is distorted data as time goes by and people searching fame and money. So no point in holding this longer. If they are doing so then most likely (in my opinion) they will never be able to charge CB with MM case.
At any rate it's on HCW hands now. Hopefully he will surprise us all and he will be able to charge CB ... Let's wait to see... But if at the end they figure out CB is not the one who kill/took MM it will be interesting as well to see what people like JC will do/tell then ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member