FL - Florida gunman killed 4, including mom still holding baby, Polk County, 5 Sept 2021

dotr

Reaction score
Florida gunman killed 4, including mom still holding baby - CityNews Toronto
rbbm.
''Four people are dead including a mother who was still cradling her now-deceased baby in what Florida sheriff’s deputies are calling a massive gunfight early Sunday with a suspect they said was “ready for battle.”

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said the unidentified suspect was dressed in full body armour — including a bulletproof vest — when he was found outside a Lakeland home that had been “booby-trapped.”

''After two rounds of gunfire with police and deputies — where dozens “if not hundreds of rounds” were exchanged, Judd said. The suspect exited the house at some point, then retreated back in, only to finally surrender.

the suspect was shot once and left the home to surrender. Inside the home, authorities found an 11-year-old girl who had been shot multiple times.''

''Authorities have not released a motive for the shooting, but the sheriff said the suspect encountered a witness roughly nine hours before the shooting and told her, “God sent me here to speak with one of your daughters.

Florida gunman killed 4, including mom still holding baby
''No other details about the relationship between the shooter and victims were released.

The shooter also told authorities he was on methamphetamines. The suspects vehicle had also been stocked with supplies for a gunfight, authorities said, including bleeding control kits.

“He was a coward," Grady said. "It’s easy to shoot innocent children and babies and people in the middle of the night when you’ve got the gun and they don’t.”

The shooter was hospitalized and is expected to recover.''

Hmm, what kind of deity does he worship, cruel son of a gun did not even know the family. imo. rbbm.
Shooting in Lakeland: What we know about suspect Bryan Riley
bd493f45-dc07-4cb4-baf7-004503a86463-Bryan_Riley.PNG

''Riley was a Marine Corps veteran and served in Iraq and Afghanistan, said Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd. He spent four years in the Corps before being honorably discharged. Riley then spent another three years in the reserves.

He also worked at ESS Global Corp., providing executive protection and security.

According to his girlfriend of four years, with whom he lived in Brandon, Riley had PTSD and was occasionally depressed but never violent.

She said he worked security at a church in Orlando a week ago and came home saying he could speak directly to God.''

''Judd said he also told detectives, “They begged for their lives, but I shot them anyway.”

It sounds like psychosis-induced violence to me. All the stuff about God, and someone close to him was reported as saying that he had been acting strangely in the weeks leading up to this and claiming that God was talking to him.

Those poor victims :( And the surviving child/children, a living nightmare for them :(

Pictured: Family shot dead by sharpshooter in Florida | Daily Mail Online
  • Theresa Lanham, 33, Justice Gleason, 40, and their three-month-old son Jody were all killed
  • The baby's 62-year-old grandmother - who has not been named - was also shot and the family's dog was killed too
  • Riley shot the Gleason family at random then barricaded himself in the house
  • He appeared in court in Florida on Monday morning charged with 17 counts
  • A judge denied bond on Monday at the hearing where Riley requested his own attorney

Attachments

• BB3927E1-ADBC-494F-AF06-BE04597CE1AC.jpeg
    BB3927E1-ADBC-494F-AF06-BE04597CE1AC.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 43
  • CDBD73EC-9147-4C96-8085-5C5893D88115.jpeg
    CDBD73EC-9147-4C96-8085-5C5893D88115.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 50602D0D-543B-4073-9188-ACE6D4971087.jpeg
    50602D0D-543B-4073-9188-ACE6D4971087.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Pictured: Family shot dead by sharpshooter in Florida | Daily Mail Online
  • Theresa Lanham, 33, Justice Gleason, 40, and their three-month-old son Jody were all killed
  • The baby's 62-year-old grandmother - who has not been named - was also shot and the family's dog was killed too
  • Riley shot the Gleason family at random then barricaded himself in the house
  • He appeared in court in Florida on Monday morning charged with 17 counts
  • A judge denied bond on Monday at the hearing where Riley requested his own attorney

They look like a lovely family. I love the sparkle in Mom and Dad's eyes, and the "glamour pregnancy" photos. I am so, so sorry. How sickening that someone felt entitled to hop into his vehicle and go murder apparent strangers in a neighborhood almost an hour away from his own place. Had he been stalking them? Did he just randomly come across this family, maybe saw the daughter, and thought he'd target them on the spot? Rest in peace, Gleason-Lanham family.

Last edited:
This is absolutely heartbreaking. I lived in Lakeland for 20 years. I pulled a very detailed article from the Lakeland Ledger. I quickly glanced to see if it had been linked here. I could have missed it. Reading the article, I see that the older woman who was killed (age 62) was in a house behind the main house. The article also has a neighbor stating that before the gunshots someone was banging on his back door. I’m not sure if it was the killer or someone seeking safety. How sad. Just so so sad.
Lakeland shooting: Neighbors, friends wonder why victims targeted

Florida shooting: Ex-Marine sharpshooter said he killed a baby and 3 others because God told him to, affidavit states - CNN
rbbm.
''Riley admitted to deputies that he shot several people and "stated voices and 'God' told him to do it," according to the criminal affidavit. He shot the infant "because I'm a sick guy," he allegedly said. "I want to confess to all of it and be sent to jail."
map_2c6259b6-220e-403a-938e-1c0c3e6ea5fc_16x9.jpg

He now faces four counts of first-degree murder as well as charges of attempted murder, arson, armed burglary and shooting into a building, according to a criminal affidavit.
Riley appeared in a Florida court Monday morning before Judge Heather Beato, who ordered him held without bond on the four murder counts, according to the 10th Circuit Trial Court Administrator Nick Sudzina.''

''Four people were killed in the shooting and a child was wounded by gunfire, authorities said.
Inside a home on the property, a 40-year-old man named Justice Gleason, a 3-month-old baby and the baby's 33-year-old mother were found dead. The baby's 62-year-old grandmother was also found dead in a second house on the property, Judd said. She had been hiding in her closet, according to an affidavit.
Each of the victims has multiple gunshot wounds, the affidavit said. The family's pet dog, Diogi, was also shot and killed.
An 11-year-old girl had been shot multiple times and was airlifted to Tampa General Hospital for surgery. She is expected to recover. Another child who had earlier been missing was located alive and well, Judd said.''

Sick in the brain ?
Or just plain evil but in command of his senses and fully understands right from wrong ?
The victim will have a long road to recovery and both surviving children will have to live with this forever.

Were they known to the shooter at all ?
Was wondering that as the grandma was shot while hiding in a closet.
Sounds like he hunted them down.
Ephh the perp.
MOO.

Attachments

• Riley Bryan Affadavit P3.pdf
    789.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Riley Bryan Affadavit P2.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • Riley Bryan Affadavit P1.pdf
    866.2 KB · Views: 9

Members online

Online statistics