Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 3977DMTN

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3977dmtn.html

Antonio Yarnell Taylor
Missing since September 20, 1999 from Shelbyville, Bedford County, Tennessee
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

•Date Of Birth: May 12, 1978
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; 165 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Black male. Black hair; black eyes; medium complexion. Wears glasses.
•Marks, Scars: 4" scar on left arm.
•Clothing: Green-brown pullover shirts, white T-shirt, blue jeans, athletic shoes.
Gold chain necklace with matching gold bracelet, watch, ring on left hand.
•Dentals: Has three open-face gold crowns.
•AKA: Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Taylor was last seen in Shelbyville, Tennessee on September 20, 1999. He left his residence as if he would be right back.
All of his belongings were left behind.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Shelbyville Police Department
931-684-5811

Agency Case Number: 9909250905

NCIC Number: M-790350369
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
National Center for Missing Adults

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/taylor_antonio.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/166/4/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: NA
Fingerprints: NA

No archived articles at this time.

Antonio has been missing almost 11 years. Come home soon.

Attachments

• Antonio Yarnell Taylor.bmp
    45.2 KB · Views: 24
http://www.t-g.com/story/1735671.html

Families of missing persons endure emotions and uncertainties
Sunday, June 12, 2011

By TRACY SIMMONS

First of four parts

Adams agrees, "That's another reason why we knew something was wrong. He was trying to raise his boys. He would not have just gone off and left them like that."

Prayers for his family and his two sons he was trying to raise when he went missing.

Donated billboard keeps missing persons in view

A national organization has donated a billboard featuring photos of Shelbyville's Missing.

Installed near the 1200 block of Madison Street facing east, the photos of Bobby Smelcer, Antonio Taylor and Shelley Jones Mook remind drivers of the families who continue to search for their missing loved ones.

More: http://www.t-g.com/story/1783508.html

Search conducted for 5 Bedford County missing persons cases

The families surrounding five Bedford County missing persons cases are seeking new closure.

A search covering nearly two miles got under way Saturday around the Duck River. Investigators were hoping to find any clue to any case in what they were calling "an area of interest."

[snip]

Also needing answers is Lillie Buchanan whose Shelbyville grandson, Antonio Taylor, has been missing since September 1999.

"I'd just like to have closure," said Buchanan. "It may not come today, but we're still praying and we don't give up. We keep up hope and prayers that we will get closure."

More: http://www.wsmv.com/story/19995128/search-conducted-for-5-bedford-county-missing-persons-cases

'Never give up': Rally keeps hope for missing residents alive

The raindrops that began falling as balloons were released at a rally for Bedford County's missing persons Sunday seemed perfectly appropriate.

Tears from heaven, one might say.

[snip]

The family of Antonio Taylor, last seen in 1999, has found some closure -- but not the type they wanted.

"We don't think he's alive after all this time," Lillie Buchanan, Taylor's grandmother, said. "He wouldn't have left his boy."

www.t-g.com/story/2009215.html

2001810-L.jpg
http://www.t-g.com/story/2040220.html
Billboard reminds public of Shelbyville Missing
Friday, January 10, 2014
A newly-posted billboard across the street from Shelbyville and Bedford County law enforcement headquarters is helping give hope to family members of five missing persons.
2001808-L.jpg
Raising their hands in hope under the missing persons billboard are, from left, Rochelle Adams, mother of Antonio Taylor; Kristy Smelcer, sister of Bobby Smelcer; dog handler Theresa Compton; Mary Lamb and Karen Smith, aunts of Chloie Leverette and Gage Daniel; Lillie Buchanan, Taylor's grandmother; Sherry Hobbs, Leverette and Daniel's aunt; and dog handler Lois Alexander.
(T-G Photo by David Melson)

Last year, Antonio's NamUs # was changed. The link in post #1 is no longer valid. The active file is listed here: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20628/3

I'm very new to the websleuth community, but I was hoping someone could help me out or maybe give me tips on where to start. I am trying to track down what happened to Antonio Yarnell Taylor of Shelbyville, TN. He went missing in 1999 after he left his home with someone before a job interview. He never returned and has not been heard from since. He had two young sons that his family is positive he would not have left behind. The family assumes that he is most likely deceased, but as a close friend of the family I would like to help them find closure. The police department in Shelbyville, TN has recently reopened this case and is "following new leads." I want to help in any way that I can. Below are links to information about the case, the missing persons information, and the news article of the case being reopened. If you have any information or any ideas on where I should start, please let me know.

Antonio Yarnell Taylor – The Charley Project
Antonio Taylor's family holds out hope for answers in his 1999 disappearance

I have alerted mods to please merge or do what they can to get katkatkatt1's post moved to the proper place here on WS.

Forgot to say Welcome to Websleuths! to you katkatkatt1!!

You may want to consider be coming a verified Insider for this case. VIs are usually family or close friends of the missing person, or someone else with direct inside information. On Websleuths, you must post a legitimate link to a source when you post factual info. If you are a VI, you don't have to do this. The process to become a VI is simple and quick.

Verification process

Last edited:
Forgot to say Welcome to Websleuths! to you katkatkatt1!!

You may want to consider be coming a verified Insider for this case. VIs are usually family or close friends of the missing person, or someone else with direct inside information. On Websleuths, you must post a legitimate link to a source when you post factual info. If you are a VI, you don't have to do this. The process to become a VI is simple and quick.

Verification process
I have started the verification process! Thank you so much. Really hoping I can find some answers.

Shelbyville Missing
In an average year, two or three persons go missing in our state. That two are missing within four months of each other, three overall - and in a town the size of Shelbyville -- it becomes a statistical anomaly. This series of articles details the investigation and the frustration of the families with unanswered questions. Antonio Taylor, then 21, has been missing since Sept. 20, 1999. Bobby Smelcer, then 52, went missing Nov. 21, 2010. Shelley Mook, then 24, was last seen Feb. 28.bbm
Shelbyville Missing | Shelbyville Times-Gazette

Shelbyville mother, grandmother ‘dealing with pain for 22 years’ as cold case stays open

21 year old Antonio Taylor vanished from his grandmother’s house in Shelbyville, Tennessee in September of 1999

Shelbyville, Tennessee - “We, I can’t say suffer, but we’ve been dealing with pain for 22 years now,” his grandmother Lillie Buchanan said. “We would just like for a closure to know the whereabouts of Antonio.”
His mom remembers going to pick him up for a job interview that fall afternoon. She found his clothes laid out along with his pager, but no sign of Taylor.
“It started worrying me later on about three or four o’clock,” his mother, Rochelle Adams said. “Especially around the time for his boys to get out of daycare, which I picked them up. And it just started worrying me then because [there was] no contact from him, no hearing nothing from him, then [I started] to worry.”
On the day he went missing, Taylor’s grandmother said he was home before she left for work around 11 that morning. Around noon, her son went home for lunch and reported seeing Taylor leave after getting a phone call. Taylor has never been seen since.
“It was a friend, I was told, that had picked him up that day. He left with a friend – supposed to have been a friend anyway – and hadn’t been seen since then,” Buchanan said.
His family said police waited 72 hours to begin searching for Taylor, so they started their own search the day he went missing. They drove around the area and asked his friends if they had seen any sign of Taylor.
Now, more than two decades later, his mom and grandmother are still empty-handed.
“It’s hard, but God gives us the strength to keep on going,” Adams continued, “I think that there’s people in my space that know what goes on but they won’t own [up] to it. They won’t say nothing to come forward with it.”
“But, I think of it like this, put yourself in our shoes, you know,” Adams said. “God gives us strength and it’s going to come out one day. It’s going to come to light.”
His mother recalled his contagious smile and ability to make people laugh.
“Antonio was a kind, sweet, loving, laughable person. If you were down and out, he’d come through, you’re going to laugh, he’s going to pick you up one way or another. He’s going to say something crazy to you and make you forget about what you were really down about,” Adams said. “He was very loving, he was kind, he tried to help a lot of people, he had helped a lot of people.”
Taylor left behind two sons, who were 1 and 2-years-old at the time of his disappearance.

“When I pray, I ask God whenever you do reveal, please let us still be living. And so, I can’t say when or anything like that, but I just have a feeling that it is going to be revealed,” Buchanan said. “I may not be around, but I hope so.”
Taylor would now be 43-years-old. He was 5’ 10” and had a four-inch scar on his left arm.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call Shelbyville Police at (931) 684-5811.

Shelbyville mother, grandmother 'dealing with pain for 22 years' as cold case stays open

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back