UK - Maddie Durdant-Hollamby, 22, murdered in Kettering, Aug 2021

Luwin

Reaction score
Tributes have been paid to a "kind, caring and thoughtful" woman who was found dead at a house in Kettering.

Maddie Durdant-Hollamby, 22, from Cambridgeshire, was discovered shortly after 13:00 BST on Friday.

Northamptonshire Police was called to Slate Drive in the town where the body of a man was also found.

Ms Durdant-Hollamby's death is being treated as murder, no arrests have been made and detectives are not looking for anyone else, police said.

Maddie Durdant-Hollamby: Tributes to Kettering murder victim

Kettering: Bodies found after concern for welfare call to police

Maddie worked within my company and I received an email yesterday stating that she had "died in tragic circumstances". I didn't imagine at the time of reading the email that something this terrible had happened, I'd assumed maybe an accident. I am so incredibly heartbroken for her family and friends and hope that they will at least get some answers about how or why this tragic event happened. :(

Also confirms he is deceased, unless I missed it earlier I thought officially they say it would be a few days before an ID.

So did I .I think the article has been updated and now includes this statement.

Senior investigating officer Detective Inspector Nicole Main said tonight: "While we await a formal identification of Benjamin, we have taken the step of naming him today with the support of his family.

"We understand he and Maddie had been in a relationship, and are working to establish as much as is possible about the circumstances in which they died.

"This is an incredibly sad case, and we ask that the grief and privacy of both families are respected by the media as they mourn their loved ones.

"They are overwhelmed with sadness and have asked that they be left in peace at this terribly distressing time."

Statement on behalf of the family of Benjamin Green

12:09 31/08/2021

Following the launch of a murder investigation into the death of Maddie Durdant-Hollamby, aged 22, the family of Benjamin Green, the 41-year-old man found dead in the same incident in Slate Drive, Kettering, on Friday, August 27, have issued the following statement via Northamptonshire Police.

“Following the sad death of our beloved Ben, we would like to make the following statement.

“Ben was an extremely loving father to three extraordinary young children and was a beloved partner to his ex-wife. He was also a loving son, brother, uncle, and nephew.

“There are no words to describe the extremely sad circumstance of this tragic incident and our thoughts and prayers are with Maddie’s family, loved ones and friends.

“We would now respectfully request time to grieve in peace, and would ask members of the media to respect our wishes as we have no further comment to make at this devastating time.”

All media queries about this case should be directed to Northamptonshire Police.

The investigation into the deaths of Ms Durdant-Hollamby and Mr Green continues, and anyone with any relevant information is asked to call 101 or submit it online here: Public Portal

Incident number: 21000498738

https://www.northants.police.uk/new...nt-on-behalf-of-the-family-of-benjamin-green/

Beloved father? Beloved ex? I’m sorry, but he’s shown his true colours here. Utterly tragic and I couldn’t be more sorry for anyone who fell under his spell while he was living. His poor, poor children. I hope they have as much support as they need xx

Boyfriend, 41, who killed lover, 22, then himself was 'woman-hating sex addict'

Ben was prolific. He was a monster and a woman-hating sex addict.

A Former Pal Said Of Green
A former pal said of Green: “I knew him for a year and there would be hundreds of women in that time.

'He was a monster'
“I have never known anything like it. He would be having sex with eight women at the same time while married with kids.

“He had homes across the country that he would rent, staying in Kettering, Liverpool and other places.

“Ben was prolific. He was a monster and a woman-hating sex addict.”

The former friend said many of Green’s dates were in their late teens.

He added: “Ben liked women much younger than him.

“He had zero respect for his conquests and would be so rude to them.

Maddie Durdant-Hollamby was stabbed in the chest by her 'sex addict' boyfriend | Daily Mail Online

A dancer killed in what police believe to be murder-suicide by her boyfriend died of stab wounds to the chest, an inquest has heard.

Maddie Durdant-Hollamby was found by police at a property in Kettering, Northamptonshire, at 1pm on August 27 after a report of concern for her welfare.

The 22-year-old was at the same house as Benjamin Green, 41, who died from self-inflicted stab wounds, Northamptonshire Police said.

On Wednesday, senior coroner for Northamptonshire Anne Pember told a brief inquest Ms Durdant-Hollamby's body was identified by her father.

A cause of death was also read to the court as stab wounds to the chest. The coroner adjourned the inquest until January 13 next year.

...a coroner heard today (Thursday, July 7) how Maddie Durdant-Hollamby’s short life was extinguished by her older boyfriend after she had gone to do the right thing and break up with him face-to-face rather than by text.
Maddie told friends how she was nervous about ending the relationship, and the court heard how within minutes of arriving at his smart new home in Slate Drive, Kettering, she had been killed by Ben Green, who then stabbed himself and died on the kitchen floor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back