Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's terrible. I was really hoping there had been a breakthrough :(

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
8m

William Tyrrell’s foster parents have released a statement labelling today’s reports of a “new suspect” in his disappearance “fake news”, saying “Once again we are forced to watch others objectify William for personal gain.”

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
8m

“To publish unverified claims, without consideration to the hurt that articles of this nature cause is disrespectful and devastating to everyone who knows and loves William,” the statement says.

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
8m

William Tyrrell’s foster parents have released a statement labelling today’s reports of a “new suspect” in his disappearance “fake news”, saying “Once again we are forced to watch others objectify William for personal gain.”

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
8m

“To publish unverified claims, without consideration to the hurt that articles of this nature cause is disrespectful and devastating to everyone who knows and loves William,” the statement says.
But I thought they were being kept in the dark about what police were doing or not doing. How would they know it's fake news? Unless they have reason to think the story is about themselves.

Tyrrell: Cops liaise with coroner after new suspect identified
Police who have identified a new suspect in the hunt for the killer of William Tyrrell are liaising with Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame, who has postponed handing down her findings into his disappearance. - The Daily Telegraph posted 38 mins ago. Behind paywall though No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

I find this very interesting & imo I think they’re very serious about this new suspect person - hence releasing all this information to freak the B ...out of any one associated .
Like saying - now is your change to speak up or you’ll have a long time to think about why you held your silence!

Yes he can, but he has to get in the witness box to do that & get a section 61 & that did not happen as far as I know , unless it was in closed court ( doubt it )

Only one witness did that

William Tyrell inquest: Robert Donohoe refused to speak to police about toddler's disappearance

Is this correctly printed that the search warrant on Robert D’s home turned up ‘ clothes belonging to William’ ?

William Tyrell inquest: Robert Donohoe refused to speak to police about toddler's disappearance

Jusr saw this on 7news:
MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH: Twist ‘shines totally new complexion’ on William Tyrrell case

They basically rehash the Daily article. They use the term "shed a new complexion" on what happened to WT.
I don't want to read too much into it...

put a new/different complexion on something
put a new complexion on (something)
To alter the appearance, perception, or interpretation of something; to recontextualizesomething so as to suggest a new or different interpretation.
E,g. The information given to us by the former secretary certainly puts a new complexion on theincident. I recommend that we drop the charges for now.
The leaked email chain detailing his protests against the company's policy puts a newcomplexion on his sudden firing last week.
See also: complexion, new, on, put
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015
put a new/different comˈplexion on something
change the way that a situation appears: What the police officer had just told me put quite a different complexion on the mystery

to change the appearance of (something) : to cause (something) to be seen or thought about in a new way. ..That information puts a whole new complexion on the case.

Last edited:
put a new/different complexion on something
put a new complexion on (something)
To alter the appearance, perception, or interpretation of something; to recontextualizesomething so as to suggest a new or different interpretation.
E,g. The information given to us by the former secretary certainly puts a new complexion on theincident. I recommend that we drop the charges for now.
The leaked email chain detailing his protests against the company's policy puts a newcomplexion on his sudden firing last week.
See also: complexion, new, on, put
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015
put a new/different comˈplexion on something
change the way that a situation appears: What the police officer had just told me put quite a different complexion on the mystery

to change the appearance of (something) : to cause (something) to be seen or thought about in a new way. ..That information puts a whole new complexion on the case.

Thanks War, I understand the meaning of complexion in this sense. I was more wondering what this new complexion could be.

Umm, thanks Doc... is this all part of a huge ‘chain rattle’ exercise perhaps.

News outlets spruke the Big Story, get everyone riled up, playing innocent, making mistakes as they play safe etc - while the Cops say ‘we know nuffin, we just carry on investigatin, we’ll never stop’ .. . and scoop up the fall out.

Now we hear it’s someone Known to William ( not, Who knew William ) & who was spoken to at length .. and how many people were spoken to that we never even heard about ...
the DOCS support person
did anyone other than his bio parents see him at the visitations
Child-Care

Where is all this coming from if it’s not true - the Police would slap a charge on those journalists surely - or at least ACCC could get them for False advertising

Where is all this coming from if it’s not true - the Police would slap a charge on those journalists surely - or at least ACCC could get them for False advertising

The Daily Telegraph always seems to be drip-fed info about this case from the NSW Police (or so they say). They always have "exclusives".

Here's the link to 9 news clip via their twitter. At the 55s mark journo talks of this. https://twitter.com/9NewsSyd/status/1435156588252352513?s=20

"We believe we can identify who it may be or the circumstances of him going missing" - David Laidlaw, courtesy of Sky News. (1:09 min mark)

Is this from when Stefanovic of Sky News did his broadcast about William weeks ago? (in July)
And now the other media outlets are running with it?

So this, too, is by Sky News. Just seeing a pattern here that all this "news" is coming from Murdoch media sources. 9News, DT, Sky News, DM.
So maybe it isn't really new info, just a continuation of the July production by Sky News.

From Sky ... July 18th.
Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw told Stefanovic he thinks he knows who is responsible for the little boy vanishing almost seven years ago – but no one is in the clear.
“Nobody has been excluded from the investigation,” he said.
“Everybody is a person of interest until they’ve been fully eliminated or to the end of our inquiries.”
Top detective makes bold claims about William Tyrrell case

Last edited:
Thanks Morrisa, noting that Caroline said nothing about these new ‘headlines’.

However in there, Chris mentioned that she’s also working on this Ch7 doco that goes to air Sunday 19th Sept.

I saw today that the Ch7 production is going to be in two parts. It was first announced in February, so they have been at it for a long time.

Seven will screen a two part true crime special The Disappearance of William Tyrrell.
William Tyrrell crime special for Seven | TV Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member