FL FL - Vicki Lee Vanhorn, 37, checked herself out of hospital, The Villages, 23 July 2021

mlhenn

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

upload_2021-9-7_14-45-33.jpeg
37 yr old, white, female
5’5”
150lbs
Brown hair
Hazel eyes
Clothing
Blue Sweater, black Capri yoga pants, pink flip flops
upload_2021-9-7_14-46-58.jpeg

Last seen on July 23, 2021 in The Villages, FL.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Her friend was in contact with her upon her disappearance, and was on the way to pick Vicki up from The Villages on July 23, 2021. Once he arrived there, he lost all contact with her and she has not been seen or heard from since.

She has ties to Arkansas.

According to LE, Vicki was last seen on July 23, 2021. She was seen leaving The Villages Regional Hospital, checking herself out against advisement (to have a cigarette).
LE has her height as 5’5”, and her weight as 114lbs; weight is different than what was put into NamUs.
LE’s post includes several photos of Vicki.

Per Sumter County Sheriff's Office

Missing Person

Vickie Lee Van Horn (DOB 08/18/1983)

On July 23, 2021 Vicki was last seen leaving The Villages Regional Hospital, located at 1451 El Camino Real, after checking herself out against advisement to have a cigarette and has not been seen since.
Ms. Van Horn was last seen wearing a teal shirt, blue sweater, black yoga pants, and pink flip flops. Ms. Van Horn is approximately 5’05 weighing 114 pounds, with brown/blonde hair. Ms. Van Horn has a tattoo on her right shoulder blade depicting a heart.
Anyone with information about Ms. Horn's whereabouts is asked to contact the Sumter County Sheriff's Office at 352-793-2621.

The Villages is a 55 and older community. My Best Friends mom lived there for years before passing last year. The community is huge. I see several Van Horns listed in the area, wondering if she was visiting family before her illness that caused her hospitalization.

She was in the Villages hospital, not the community. The huge weight difference is alarming. I wonder why she was in the hospital in the first place.

Going out & about in flip-flops worries me -- seriously. She won't get far on them, but it may have been that that was all she took with her or was allowed to wear at the hospital. Probably little or no money either. A cell phone -- who knoze?
Did she get into the wrong car by mistake (doubtful)? Was she looking for drugs or alcohol and saw an opportunity?
This doesn't bode well, obviously.

Thanks for the thread, @mlhenn.

It isn’t clear to me if the friend actually put eyes on her. Hospitals are normally non smoking on their entire property. How far would she need to walk to get to a place to smoke? When she left she wasn’t wearing a hospital gown and must not have had an IV. Perhaps she was in a rehab wing or mental health wing.

It isn’t clear to me if the friend actually put eyes on her. Hospitals are normally non smoking on their entire property. How far would she need to walk to get to a place to smoke? When she left she wasn’t wearing a hospital gown and must not have had an IV. Perhaps she was in a rehab wing or mental health wing.

I wonder if she just used needing a cigarette as an excuse to leave out in attempt to meet up/be picked up by the friend?

She was in the Villages hospital, not the community. The huge weight difference is alarming. I wonder why she was in the hospital in the first place.

I agree, the weight given on the two sites is quite different but most likely a typo...the question is which one?
Her NamUs profile was initially created Aug 25.
LE’s post was created Aug 26.

Wish more info on the ties she has in Arkansas were shared.

Wish more info on the ties she has in Arkansas were shared.
Connecting some dots, she seems to be from Arkansas. If you google there is a female her age on white pages from Lead Hill AR and therenis a mugshot from few years ago from the same place for driving intoxicated
Vicki Lee Van Horn - DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED Arkansas, Mugshot 169496707

Also a remark, seems that the pics on the sheriff page are the good ones, not sure if she is now in this shape or rather like the mugshot

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back