SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that it has been reported that MM and PM were killed with different types of weapons (see upthread), but I am most curious about whether they were killed at different times.

Perhaps the perpetrator murdered one of the two victims, disposed of the murder weapon, and was caught by the other victim while doing something incriminating. The perpetrator then had to use a different weapon to murder the second victim.

All MOO.

Has anything been reported to the effect that it has been confirmed that they were killed at the same time? (Law enforcement mist likely has this information.)
All we know is this: "On Tuesday, June 15, SLED and the Colleton County Coroner's Office stated that the Murdaugh autopsies are complete and confirmed that both victims died from multiple gunshot wounds sometime between 9 and 9:30 p.m. on Monday, June 7. Their bodies were found outside the residence, relatively close to each other, on the ground near a dog kennel."
Murdaugh homicide: Autopsy details, SLED timeline released

Very early on, they came out and said there was no danger to the community. This shooting doesn’t appear to have changed anything in that regard.

It’s all connected to one family, and both events were isolated to that family.

The lack of a vehicle description at a bare minimum, tells me all I need to know.

Agreed but if I resided in that area, I'd be blowing dispatch up. So, you're telling me there was a brutal double murder and right down the road you have a random vehicle turning around and confronting the driver before shooting him.

Just because one can deduce what probably went down doesn't mean that LE doesn't owe it to the residents to keep them even remotely informed.

Obviously, I feel they're connected but a local should have a basic level of certainly provided when your having murders and murder attempts on your back porch and crickets from authorities. Sleep safe SC. Absolute garbage

Agreed but if I resided in that area, I'd be blowing dispatch up. So, you're telling me there was a brutal double murder and right down the road you have a random vehicle turning around and confronting the driver before shooting him.

Just because one can deduce what probably went down doesn't mean that LE doesn't owe it to the residents to keep them even remotely informed.

Obviously, I feel they're connected but a local should have a basic level of certainly provided when your having murders and murder attempts on your back porch and crickets from authorities. Sleep safe SC. Absolute garbage
There’s a balance that needs to be struck. One that does allay the concerns of the community, while at the same time doesn’t tip off the suspect.

If there was a threat, and they wanted people to behave differently, then it would be their obligation to inform the community of that fact.

I’ve literally seen this exact same behavior in untold dozens of cases, so it’s nothing new.

I keep thinking back to an article in People Magazine in which the writer claimed a witness saw AM, MM, and their sons (or one of them) at a USC game right before the murders. This witness claimed AM and MM weren't on speaking terms at the game.

If the above claim is true, perhaps AM experienced significant guilt about the state of the marriage when MM was murdered. I imagine it would feel terrible to fight with your spouse and then find the spouse dead. It would be horrible to have the last moments as an argument instead of a positive memory. This could have contributed to any extreme behavior AM had following the murders.

This is all so sad to me.

To be clear, I am in no way insinuating that AM has any connection to the murders. I am just saying his grief might be amplified by any marital unrest that might have existed.

Yes! There’s a great movie on Netflix. All the Queens Horses.” A woman worked at a small town municipality and embezzled millions over the years. She never had a back up while out of office. Until one day a newer employee started going thru her stuff when she was out. The movie was mind boggling.

I live in the region. I'm not the only person who STILL can't figure out how she stole more than FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS from a middle-class town of 30,000! And she just got out of prison, too. A lot of people are not happy about that.

When I heard about the (alleged) embezzlement in the Murdaugh case, it didn't surprise me at all. Maybe THIS was how the family got their wealth? Yikes.

I don't see the firm blowing up. In a legal situation, most people want the lawyer that can win. Not much has changed. That law firm can still be a heavyweight

Especially if you are planning on suing the CSX Railroad. His company seems to do a very lucrative business suing the railroad, so much so that their building is called "The House that CSX built"

Really? I seem to remember Paul being charged with boating under the influence, not homicide. You're probably thinking of one of those pesky rumors that we all know never turn out to be true.

Paul was charged with one felony count of BUI causing death and two felony counts of BUI causing great bodily injury. It is not correct to state that he was not charged in connection with Mallory Beach’s death.
Man charged in fatal boat crash that killed Mallory Beach

Last edited:
Interesting distantly related information - COVID Paycheck Protection Loans in Hampton County:

COVID PPP Loans may have saved hundreds of Hampton County jobs

ETA:
By recipient:
Hampton, SC PPP Loans

Here is what the Augusta Chronicle site shows about the law firm and the Covid PPP loan:

PETERS MURDAUGH PARKER ELTZROTH & DETRICK, PA
101 MULBERRY ST, Hampton

Approval Amount: $1,005,467.00
Date Approved: April 5, 2020
Lender: Palmetto State Bank
Forgiveness Amount: $1,016,375.63 (May 17, 2021)
Jobs retained: 68

South Carolina Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loans

Wow, it seems like things are escalating rapidly now.

So MM got an audit of their finances, that speaks volumes to me. That is definitely not the norm in any marriage I know. Wonder if there was an upcoming divorce in the works?

I also wonder how aware MM may have been of AM's addiction and his spending habits?

This is nuts and there are 2 murdered people who need justice.

MOO
Actually there are four deceased persons who need justice in this saga. The SS kid and MB.included.

Maybe after that GSW to the head (with an entry and exit wound) all he saw was stars?

I do hope he gets the help he needs. This guys life is spinning out of control. I really feel for his son BM and his brothers (especially Randy) who seem to really care about him. My prayers to MM's family also who's head must be spinning in circles with all this coming out after losing two family members.
JMO

I stand in the gap for Mallory Beach. If PM had not used BMs ID at the last bar he entered the night of the fatal boat crash, then she may still be alive.

jmhoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members