TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you and your loved ones are safe and well.

Your kindness is truly appreciated, pillywiggin. Ironically, I suppose, a friend offered their TX Airbnb for as long as needed so we're fine and feeling blessed. The lawn guy cleaned our yard and sent photos that made me so grateful for his abilities and compassion.

Be well everybody! And, be thankful.

Sorry, but I don't put much stock in this idea at all. In a criminal investigation, LE is not going to report to the public what they are doing today, what they have found and know, what they are looking for, and so on. So to try to make a conclusion from "we have heard nothing" is way off base. Hearing nothing is to be expected, unless they have arrested someone, or from time to time they might offer a generic and generally unrevealing "update" (such as on the anniversary).

While it may be frustrating, that's just how it works. They don't feel a need to keep us informed, because we are not part of the investigation team. In fact, someone out here in the public is a murderer - and LE certainly has no desire that they know what's being done and where they are looking.

There is a difference between selling stock and expressing an opinion. With no information in years, and apparently none forthcoming there really is very little that anyone can say that hasn't already been said .....over and over again. Your faith in their being an active, ongoing investigation is remarkable, but that says more about your faith than the facts of the investigation. Still, you are entitled to your opinion, as am I. JMO

There is a difference between selling stock and expressing an opinion. With no information in years, and apparently none forthcoming there really is very little that anyone can say that hasn't already been said .....over and over again. Your faith in their being an active, ongoing investigation is remarkable, but that says more about your faith than the facts of the investigation. Still, you are entitled to your opinion, as am I. JMO

Is it reasonable to think LE is going to give us ongoing updates (where we should read something into their presence or absence)? Frankly, I don't think any LE agency in the world that operates that way.

So to evaluate MPD based on the lack of info, when that's the way that LE world always operates until someone is apprehended, is unfair and absurd criticism imo. That is not me giving "faith in the investigation" but rather a recognition that we don't know what we don't know, and a belief that it is never fair to criticize others just because we feel frustrated.

"LE World" often updates new info in cases and LE World notoriously leaks to trusted reporters. That they shouldn't, or that keeping mum is their ideal, has never stopped them. To believe that they ALWAYS honor what is expected of them is naïve. Local PD's tend to be more forthcoming with information than the FBI, but even the FBI leaks to reporters. In this case, there may not be any reporters who are still interested in the case....or perhaps they are being rebuffed by LE. But to say ALWAYS is blind faith. JMO

So you do agree that LE is smarter when they keep their info private, but it sounds like you think that many times they are too undisciplined to be able to keep their mouths shut. I'm not sure I agree that LE in general are the blabber-mouths you seem to think, but in this case, there's no question they have have been disciplined enough to keep their cards hidden. So that's all good, right? Right.

There is no question that MPD has done a ton of things in this case that we never knew about as they were happening. We know now, but in real time we didn't, and we to this day have never been told them by MPD. The things we have found out didn't even come from the media (who get their info from what MPD is willing to share).

I think MPD is doing it the right way. I applaud what they are doing.

But MPD doesn't want to talk about what they are doing, other than in very vague generalities, and are keeping their mouth shut. If we want them to be smart (and we do) and not jeopardize their ability to apprehend the perp (and we do), it's all good. IMO.

And thankfully, the silence helps starve the trolls who want to play amateur detective with every tiny morsel of information, but who have awful understanding, and will take any little idea and persecute people who have nothing to do with the murder. Kudos to the MPD. Leave the detective work to the pros.

Quick question - the motion camera(s) at the church were triggered at an earlier time during the night of April 18, but nothing was captured on tape. Does anyone recall the exact time(s) when that happened? Thanks.

-Nin

Did we ever know a time? I searched a bit and didn't find an exact time. However, I found this post.....

Snipped
The way the Geofence warrant is worded by using the term "first activated" suggest there were more than one activation prior to around 3:50 AM. And MPD has also been quoted in early articles about the cameras acting intermittently that night. However, given the track record with MPD and their wording it is anyone's guess as to what any of it means.

TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

Quick question - the motion camera(s) at the church were triggered at an earlier time during the night of April 18, but nothing was captured on tape. Does anyone recall the exact time(s) when that happened? Thanks.

-Nin
I am guessing here but it may have been a
Did we ever know a time? I searched a bit and didn't find an exact time. However, I found this post.....

Snipped
The way the Geofence warrant is worded by using the term "first activated" suggest there were more than one activation prior to around 3:50 AM. And MPD has also been quoted in early articles about the cameras acting intermittently that night. However, given the track record with MPD and their wording it is anyone's guess as to what any of it means.

TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46
There was heavy thunder and lightening that night plus, could be all the pounding and breaking of the double door on the NE side prompted the cameras to operate.

Your kindness is truly appreciated, pillywiggin. Ironically, I suppose, a friend offered their TX Airbnb for as long as needed so we're fine and feeling blessed. The lawn guy cleaned our yard and sent photos that made me so grateful for his abilities and compassion.

Be well everybody! And, be thankful.

Glad you are okay DeDee.

-Nin

Thank you TL and Razz, found it. Info came from GS. Camera(s) inside the church activated at 2:23am, but nothing was recorded on tape. We do not know which camera(s) had been triggered.

-Nin
Are you hoping to tie the time of the car in the gun store parking lot with the time of the camera movement? I'm sure you're aware that some WSers felt that SP was testing (and breaking through) the northeast doors to see if it set off an alarm of some sort. After breaking through the doors, some thought that maybe he left the church to sit in the gun store parking lot to see if police arrived at the church.

Are you hoping to tie the time of the car in the gun store parking lot with the time of the camera movement? I'm sure you're aware that some WSers felt that SP was testing (and breaking through) the northeast doors to see if it set off an alarm of some sort. After breaking through the doors, some thought that maybe he left the church to sit in the gun store parking lot to see if police arrived at the church.

The car from the gun store entered at 1:58am and exited at 2:04am according to the SWFA video. The cam(s) were triggered 19 min later at 2:23am. I am sure MPD was able to reconstruct the travel path of the car. The vehicle may or may not have returned traveling in a W/N direction on highway 287 after exiting the SWFA driveway. If they had not returned however, why looking for the driver up to this day then?

Yes, I am aware of the discussion re trigger waiting at the SWFA. The reason I asked for the earlier cam-trigger time are the weather conditions that night/morning. Just want to point out the Nissan exits the gun store at a time (2:04am) it will almost stop raining (2:06am) for a very short while.

Since the closest archived weather info is pulled from the Dallas Love Field, they may have been a slightly different weather window for the area in question:

Archived weather/ Love Field Dallas:

Dallas, TX Weather History | Weather Underground

If the SWFA driver -or a possible passenger- starts checking out the church, that trigger time of 2:23am seems awfully close IMO. They may have actually already been at the church prior to that, tried some windows/doors for alarms, went to the SWFA to wait and see if a silent alarm had been activated, then returned to the church.

ALL IMO

-Nin

The car from the gun store entered at 1:58am and exited at 2:04am according to the SWFA video. The cam(s) were triggered 19 min later at 2:23am. I am sure MPD was able to reconstruct the travel path of the car. The vehicle may or may not have returned traveling in a W/N direction on highway 287 after exiting the SWFA driveway. If they had not returned however, why looking for the driver up to this day then?

Yes, I am aware of the discussion re trigger waiting at the SWFA. The reason I asked for the earlier cam-trigger time are the weather conditions that night/morning. Just want to point out the Nissan exits the gun store at a time (2:04am) it will almost stop raining (2:06am) for a very short while.

Since the closest archived weather info is pulled from the Dallas Love Field, they may have been a slightly different weather window for the area in question:

Archived weather/ Love Field Dallas:

Dallas, TX Weather History | Weather Underground

If the SWFA driver -or a possible passenger- starts checking out the church, that trigger time of 2:23am seems awfully close IMO. They may have actually already been at the church prior to that, tried some windows/doors for alarms, went to the SWFA to wait and see if a silent alarm had been activated, then returned to the church.

ALL IMO

-Nin
How do you know police are still interested in this car?

According to their press release in April of this year 'investigators are still interested in a vehicle captured on video in the parking lot of a nearby business in the hours before the murder was committed'.

-Nin
I was hoping you were going to say that after submitting your retouched photo of the person behind the wheel, that they
(the police) were grateful and felt it was going to help them in identifying the man.
:):(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member