GUILTY CO - Remains in 2 suitcases on Denver neighborhood trail, 29 Dec 2020 - Joshua Lockard *arrest*

Hi Mary,

I live at 7,800 feet in Colorado and work in psychiatry so this topic has always interested me. I am attaching a very interesting research paper titled " Living high, feeling low"... It speaks to depression and suicide, which of course is not applicable here, but irritability, which is often present in depression/anxiety, can occasionally also foster agitation, anger, violence...

I have attached the full text by
Brent M Kious et al. published in Harvard Review of Psychiatry (which is reputable publication) Psychiatry. Mar/Apr 2018.
Living High and Feeling Low: Altitude, Suicide, and Depression
Thank you for posting that. I am very fascinated by psychology.

Sounds like JL was working to better himself based on the posts.

Facebook Groups

*UPDATE* DENVER (CBS4) – The human remains found in two suitcases in Denver last month have been identified through DNA analysis as 33-year-old Joshua Lockard. The cause and manner of death is still pending.

Crews were plowing snow from the sidewalk in the 1700 block of South Java Way, in southwest Denver, on Dec. 29, 2020 when they discovered the suitcases.

Remains Found In Suitcases Identified As Joshua Lockard

Denver police arrested 28-year-old Benjamin Satterthwaite for investigation of first-degree murder in the homicide. They responded to a medical call at an apartment on South Federal Boulevard and found “evidence and a crime scene consistent with the homicide case.”

Police believe that the victim and suspect knew each other.

Victim identified after remains found in suitcases in Denver

DENVER — Authorities have identified a man found dead inside two suitcases in Denver last month.

Joshua Lockard's remains were discovered about 8 a.m. on Dec. 29 near the 1700 block of South Java Way, according to the Denver Office of the Medical Examiner. The coroner's office is still working to determine how Lockard died.

Police last week announce Benjamin Satterthwaite, 28, on a murder charge in Lockard's death.

A Denver Parks and Recreation employee said one of the department’s employees found the suitcases around 7:15 a.m. on Dec. 29 while clearing snow from the Sanderson Gulch Trail in the Mar Lee neighborhood of Denver.

On Jan. 1, Denver Police officers responded to an apartment in the 2800 block of S. Federal Blvd. for a medical-related call. While there, they discovered evidence and a crime scene consistent with the homicide case. Their follow-up investigation resulted in Satterthwaite's arrest.

Police said it's believed that Satterthwaite and Lockard knew each other.

A Colorado Bureau of Investigation report shows a lengthy criminal record, including convictions for vehicular assault-DUI, contempt of court violation, making a false report and attempted escape.

Victim identified after remains found in suitcases in Denver, officials say

Snipped
...officers responded to a ...medical call. Satterthwaite was found ... “possibly suffering from an overdose situation,”
In the apartment investigators found:
  • A black suitcase, similar to a black suitcase found earlier in the 1700 block of South Java Way.
  • Suspected blood on a table and chair.
  • Black trash bags with cushions that contained possible blood.
  • Mops and indications that the locale was recently cleaned.
  • a credit card belonging to Lockard
  • a receipt from Walmart for a hacksaw and “2 piece saw blades.”
The two men, the defendant and the victim, were Facebook friends, the affidavit said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back