SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumors have circulated about the cause of the shooting, with people speculating whether it was self-inflicted. Griffin denied that, saying he believes what Murdaugh reported.

“I don’t think you choose to have a flat tire or stage a flat tire to commit suicide. That makes no sense,” Griffin said. “There are many things (being reported) that are incongruent.”

Griffin said there was no gun found on the side of the road, in Murdaugh’s car, or in the area by SLED.

He also said a SLED agent who was on the scene told him that the side wall of Murdaugh’s tire was sliced.

Griffin said he was on the phone with Alex Murdaugh and a SLED agent on Monday. The SLED agent discussed how the agency is testing the blood in Murdaugh’s car, which spilled from his wound when he was retrieving his phone to call 911 after the shooting, according to Griffin.

Griffin also said two Good Samaritans found Murdaugh injured at the scene and took him in their car. Murdaugh called 911 from the car. The two people delivered Murdaugh to an ambulance further down the road, he said. From the ambulance, he was then airlifted to Savannah.

Both people have been interviewed by SLED, Griffin said.

Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article254109318.html#storylink=cpy

Sounds like if 'Griffin said' .. don't necessarily believe it. If the police report said no visible injuries, how could there be blood in his car? It's all spin!

I feel a sense of anger that he was airlifted when there was no visible injury, what with hospitals full of Covid patients and regular folk not nearly as cared for.

To firearms collectors, armorers, developers of military hardware, etc, there is a strict definition, which necessitates full-auto capability. That's the point...someone who refers to a semi-auto rifle as an assault rifle (regardless of its use), doesn't know what he's talking about.

Jmo

Thank the media for redefining the term.

Sounds like if 'Griffin said' .. don't necessarily believe it. If the police report said no visible injuries, how could there be blood in his car? It's all spin!

I feel a sense of anger that he was airlifted when there was no visible injury, what with hospitals full of Covid patients and regular folk not nearly as cared for.
This “no visible injury,” was the result of a mistake in the report made by a responding deputy. All indications are that there was a head wound, although it likely was not as severe as his lawyer is pushing.

I'm thinking the only way to get a semi-reliable investigation is for the Feds to come in. Maybe they can find some RICO hook to assert jurisdiction. JMO.

In an earlier thread, someone posted the website of the local Congressman, urging people to contact him to bring in the FBI, and this was long before Alex's shooting. Because it does not allow e-mails from people who have a zip code outside the district, I sent him a postcard.

I would be most appreciative if you could provide me with a citation of the strict definition of the term to which all armorers and military weapon manufacturers agree. In my experience, no professional would use such an imprecise term. I look forward to being educated.

I will surely refrain from public debate on the topic, though the following is a good read for anyone unfamiliar with the differences between assault rifles, assault weapons, semi automatic rifles/handguns, etc. It really does give a good analysis of the topic. It also cites numerous sources, including the United States Defense Department's Defense Intelligence Agency book Small Arms Identification and Operation Guide, among many others.

Rational Basis Analysis of "Assault Weapon" Prohibition

So Griffin says that SLED told him and AM that they are testing AM’s blood in the car from when AM went back in the car to get his phone to call 911.

Apparently Griffin mentioned this to prove there was a visible wound. But he inadvertently answered a question many of us were thinking: was AM’s blood in the car?

My follow up questions are:
1) what are they testing his blood for?
2) are they checking to see if he may have drove the vehicle elsewhere to ditch the gun before parking it there?
3) are they checking to see if there is a blood drip consistent with leaning in to get his phone versus sitting while driving versus self inflicted gun shot?

Moo

ETA I also find it notable that the man who was very seriously shot in the head leaned in to the car to get his phone but perhaps didn’t call 911 til in the car with good Samaritans? Is that right? Surely if the Samaritans were there they would have grabbed his phone for him? Moo

The changing story means his lawyers are making it congruent to the additional evidence being reported.

E.g. When it comes out that the tire simply could not be changed, the lawyers expanded Alex’s conversation with the shooter. Now we hear that he questioned whether he could do so. Agnst his interest to do so b/c the more interaction he had the more questions he faced.

The good samaritans, the nearby ambulance and chopper appear to be an effort to avoid the police. Note he doesn’t call the cops until he has left the scene.

Last edited:
Only a newbie on these threads, and perhaps I shouldn’t offer my cow noise (MOO). However I’ve been following this case for weeks and I just skimmed Threads 3-5, so here goes:
SLED opened an investigation into the death of Stephen Smith on the basis of something
they learned investigating Paul’s murder - but they won’t say what that fact or discovery is.

I haven't been following this case on WS until today, but I had the same question you did - what caused LE to reopen an investigation into SS's death? It was from a statement made by one of the other males that was on the boat when MB was killed.

So Griffin says that SLED told him and AM that they are testing AM’s blood in the car from when AM went back in the car to get his phone to call 911.

Apparently Griffin mentioned this to prove there was a visible wound. But he inadvertently answered a question many of us were thinking: was AM’s blood in the car?

My follow up questions are:
1) what are they testing his blood for?
2) are they checking to see if he may have drove the vehicle elsewhere to ditch the gun before parking it there?
3) are they checking to see if there is a blood drip consistent with leaning in to get his phone versus sitting while driving versus self inflicted gun shot?

Moo

ETA I also find it notable that the man who was very seriously shot in the head leaned in to the car to get his phone but perhaps didn’t call 911 til in the car with good Samaritans? Is that right? Surely if the Samaritans were there they would have grabbed his phone for him? Moo

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to learn a team of defense lawyers went over the crime scene before LE arrived.
jmo

I will surely refrain from public debate on the topic, though the following is a good read for anyone unfamiliar with the differences between assault rifles, assault weapons, semi automatic rifles/handguns, etc. It really does give a good analysis of the topic. It also cites numerous sources, including the United States Defense Department's Defense Intelligence Agency book Small Arms Identification and Operation Guide, among many others.

Rational Basis Analysis of "Assault Weapon" Prohibition
stattlic, If I were to stand on the side of the road facing the woods and shot a 9mm handgun into those woods, approximately how far could it go if it didn't hit anything solid like a tree trunk?

Would distances change greatly with lighter or heavier caliber?

Yes, you can go home with a skull fracture. Fracture just means the bone has a crack in it. If it's not displaced- there's really no treatment except to watch it. And you would be shocked at the number of people with small brain bleeds they don't even know about. Again, if the bleeding is on the surface and not causing any pressure (because of it's size) they can go unnoticed until you get an x-ray or scan of some type.
Trust me I know about the brain bleed and not noticing g...lol If you only knew.:rolleyes:
So is the report true? Or we still don't know what happened for sure yet?

If it was obvious to LE that either PM or MM killed the other but that it wasn't obvious who killed the second victim, would we have heard any more info than what has been provided with so far?

Were full necropsy/toxicology reports issued? Was "Timmy" killed or was it PM?

This story from Griffin just keeps growing. First added detail :shooter asked if he had car trouble, second added detail :2 GS's found him and took him in their car. Who is Griffin trying to convince? The public or himself? I think we are going to see Griffin run for cover soon by distancing himself from it all. All of it stinks worse than cat urine. (no offense to cat owners).

JMO
You might be right about Griffin, but the other attorney for AM is Dick Harpootlian. He is a high-powered lawyer and now SC Senator. I have no doubt Harpootlian is in charge.

In reference to the questions regarding why AM was airlifted to Savannah:
Savannah is the closest level one Trauma center to where he was located. The different levels of trauma centers are described here
https://www.amtrauma.org/page/traumalevels
In addition, I’ve posted a picture where I’ve highlight what seems to be the most pertinent information in my opinion 6213FEFE-80C5-4AF3-92FC-C6BF14B6CF9C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288