GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, murdered then hidden, Peterborough, 18 Jul 2020 *Parents Sentenced* #6

I am relieved that ScW has effectively had the key thrown away but 6 years for SaW doesn't strike me as justice. She knows what happened to her daughter and where she is. She would not have been the mastermind behind the cover up without knowing that. She should be behind bars until she tells the truth. My thoughts today are with all those who loved and cared for Bernadette, and for Bernadette herself.

Scott has nothing to lose now so hopefully he will spill the beans and drop Sarah in it.
I do not think he will admit his own guilt which then means he will not incriminate SaW. I am expecting to hear he is going to appeal the length of his sentence.
He won’t spill the beans, he will exhaust all avenues of appeal.
As for appealing the length of his sentence, in doing so will admit his guilt. However he will attempt to appeal the conviction but no judge will give leave to appeal as there are no reasons to allow an appeal of conviction, there is nothing to say the conviction is unsafe, there was no issues in the way the trial was conducted - that’s why a Justice heard the trial and not a normal CC judge.

Unfortunately I don’t see justice being done here for Bernadette as I actually think he will take the cowards way out and top himself at some point

Glad ScW got a decent sentence but 6 years for SaW is sub justice IMO. I personally believe she knew about the abuse long before Bernadette told her as she didn't react in the way you would expect a parent to react when Bernadette told her about the SA. Bernadettes diary illustrated this...

"Told my mum about my dad and the abuse. She called me a liar and threatened to kill me if I told the police."

I think the whole murder plot was her idea and she masterminded all of it and ScW was just following her orders. Why he is covering for her now I will never know. It's as if she has some kind of hold on him. They are equally an evil, despicable pair.

I've attached a copy of Bernadettes diary entry to remind us all today is about Bernadette and how she was treated and feeling before being murdered by those who should've been protecting her. :( RIP.

MSM link to diary~
Murdered girl's harrowing diary entry about stepdad's 'abuse' and death threat

Attachments

• 20210910_130535.jpg
    20210910_130535.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 16
I think we are all of the same opinion. One sentence correct, the other a joke. Also local authorities need a major review quickly. By looks of things they saw no problem with the guy for decades despite repeated red flags and never bother to raise any priority to this case until reviewed externally. Allowing him to destroy evidence in front of them and leaving notebooks for him to examine, they have let this girl down too

I think we are all of the same opinion. One sentence correct, the other a joke. Also local authorities need a major review quickly. By looks of things they saw no problem with the guy for decades despite repeated red flags and never bother to raise any priority to this case until reviewed externally. Allowing him to destroy evidence in front of them and leaving notebooks for him to examine, they have let this girl down too

It will be the usual case of enquiries being made and lessons will be learnt.

Glad ScW got a decent sentence but 6 years for SaW is sub justice IMO. I personally believe she knew about the abuse long before Bernadette told her as she didn't react in the way you would expect a parent to react when Bernadette told her about the SA. Bernadettes diary illustrated this...

"Told my mum about my dad and the abuse. She called me a liar and threatened to kill me if I told the police."

I think the whole murder plot was her idea and she masterminded all of it and ScW was just following her orders. Why he is covering for her now I will never know. It's as if she has some kind of hold on him. They are equally an evil, despicable pair.

I've attached a copy of Bernadettes diary entry to remind us all today is about Bernadette and how she was treated and feeling before being murdered by those who should've been protecting her. :( RIP.

MSM link to diary~
Murdered girl's harrowing diary entry about stepdad's 'abuse' and death threat
Absolutely agree with everything you have written here. Sickens me that she will soon be out and free to live her life again!! Poor Bernadette . Hope one day justice will really be served on SaW. RIP bernadette

Officers went to see him in prison on August 10 to ask him for information on where the body was.

But the court heard they were just given a message from his solicitors which said: “He does not want to see as the situation is still too raw.”

Judge McGowan said this was the most serious aggravating feature in the case, as it meant Bernadette could not get the dignified burial she deserved, and her loved ones could not show their desperate sense of loss. She said it also gave friends and family a small amount of hope that Bernadette would walk back through the door.

Lisa Wilding QC, prosecuting, told the court there were three major aggravating features - the premeditation of how Scott Walker planned the murder, the gross breach of trust, and Scott Walker refusing to tell police where the body was.

Ms Wilding said it was impossible to imagine a greater breach of trust than that of one between a father and a daughter.

BREAKING: Scott Walker may never be released from prison after murdering teenager Bernadette Walker

Impacted the entire community.
Absolutely.
My wife will tell you I have been utterly sick with anxiety.

My heart goes out to everyone at this difficult time.

QUOTE="Gooner666, post: 17064156, member: 291358"]He says in that article

Following the sentencing, An NSPCC spokesperson said: “This is a tragic case in which a young girl lost her life at the hands of someone who should have been keeping her safe from harm.

“Scott Walker’s horrific actions, along with the offences committed by Bernadette’s mum, have impacted an entire community, and we hope these sentences bring some comfort to all those who knew Bernadette.

There is NO NO NO way he got a comment from the NSPCC within a couple of minutes of them being sentence[/QUOTE]

Well at least one sentence was spot on, glad he'll likely never see the light of day again. The other... well, probably as good as it could be given the conviction, the fault lies with CPS for only putting the lower charge up there. Maybe evidence was limited enough to make it a lower chance of conviction, but it seems basically everyone on here is agreed that it should've been a conspiracy to murder charge, so it should've at least been given a chance with the jury. I do hope in time more evidence comes to light which will allow the charge, as I can't help feeling she's literally got away with murder here. Very frustrating.

Sorry I’ve not been active for a while…

does Scott have any reason to confess where he put her body now since he’s going to be doing 32 years?

Considering he is 51 now he won't be eligible for parole until he is 83 so imo I don't think he will reveal the location. But then again you never know what goes on inside someone like that's head.

And as a local, Sarah will be out and about in a few years and nobody will even recognise her because our local rag (as you’ve all seen) have been absolutely terrible. I’ve been blocked on twitter by the telegraph for asking them why they are doing such a poor job.

I actually hope it gets picked up by Netflix or a channel 4 documentary, even if it jogs one persons memory of something they saw that they didn’t realise at the time what it was that could lead to finding her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back